Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Welders

Anyone good at welding in the South London / Kent area willing to help with a broken bolt?

One has sheared almost flush and the only hope of getting it out is to plug weld a nut on it and hope it winds out.

Bloody left hand thread

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welders

ooops I'm in the south and I have a welder, but wont be around until Friday.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Dartford isn't too far mate! You would be a life saver if you can help

Are you available this Saturday or Sunday and would you be able to potentially travel, I'll be just down the road from the Surrey meet, would sort you some cash obviously (I don't want to take the pi$$ so no probs if not)

It's a bolt on a motorbike, centre stand needed to come off to fit this and one of the fcukers was LHT

Problem is if the exhaust is refitted the access may be limited. (I don't have a trailer or van to transport it). Will know for sure tonight as I'll be offering it all up later this evening.
    Last edited by Andy M; 29-01-2013 at 17:20.

Post Thanks / Like

If Dave can't help ya I'm in wallington and have an arc inverter if you think that will be able to do the job. can't do this weekend tho as moving house. Could be cheeky and use the social clubs power and do it at Surrey meet

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi andy, I won't be around at the weekend unfortunately mate, only day I can really do is Fri.. Or maybe one evening? Or Sunday night after work

Non-member Matt@CodeRedMotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pm me your postcode, I'll see if I'm free. It's in a workshop/garage?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the offers guys, feeling the love

Bugger, with the down pipes fitted there isn't going to be access. I was hoping I could fit it and ride it to whoever could help. Offered it up, even though its lose and would blow I had to start it, sounded naughty and was spitting 2ft flames

Dave - I may be able to blag Friday, I'm supposed to be working from home but could always slope off to my parents. Potentially what sort of time would you be free?? (Bike is in a garage btw)

Gary - I wouldn't have a clue if your arc inverter would do the job! While I know what needs to be done to fix it I have no idea on the equipment or have the skills to do it!

Matt - PM mate.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
    Thanks for all the offers guys, feeling the love

Bugger, with the down pipes fitted there isn't going to be access. I was hoping I could fit it and ride it to whoever could help. Offered it up, even though its lose and would blow I had to start it, sounded naughty and was spitting 2ft flames

Dave - I may be able to blag Friday, I'm supposed to be working from home but could always slope off to my parents. Potentially what sort of time would you be free?? (Bike is in a garage btw)

Gary - I wouldn't have a clue if your arc inverter would do the job! While I know what needs to be done to fix it I have no idea on the equipment or have the skills to do it!

Matt - PM mate.

Andy I'm around all day Friday.. I'd let traffic calm down so around about 11ish

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Reed View Post
    Andy I'm around all day Friday.. I'd let traffic calm down so around about 11ish
    Nice one Dave

PM sent

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Big thanks to Dave, all sorted

Nice one mate