Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

needing help identify loom sensor plugs> b18ft

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Right guys bought a couple of b18s . 1 came with the box, sensors an pipework, the other engine had a loom.
    I'm using a the ECUs that came with the loom, but not to the bare engine it came with,, I'm using the complete engine with the box etc!
    How ever, noticed I have 2 slightly different versions of engine, so match in parts up may vary some how!? So the engine I'm using has no connector on the inlet for the brake servo, and the manifold is a more clustered style exit. Where as the other engine has connector for the servo on the inlet, and the manifold/turbo exit is like 2 seperates to the elbow if u like.
    On this info can anyone help me with the years on these engines so it can help me with wiring sensors etc
    :-) :-)
    I'll try get some pics up when I'm bk in the house

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: needing help identify loom sensor plugs> b18ft

with or without servo outlet depends on if the car it came from has ABS.. i had one with ABS, so i just drilled and tapped it and put a hydraulics stud in..

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

Generally the engines with the turbo and seperate elbow are earlier, which wants the loom with the spare white connector, orange ecu's and 007 afm.
    Later has spare pink connector with extra wires and either maroon or green and blue ecu's with 021 afm. They have to match the flywheel.
    Brake servo can come anywhere off the manifold, usually the large port by the throttle and wants a gtt one way valve somewhere in the pipe run.
    Oh, the later uses lambda probe but most of the sensors will match up. And I'm in need of a set of later ecu's and afm if your not using them and want to swap

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

On closer inspection u can change them over, didn't see the Allen key hole inside

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

yes, you can move them about. on mojo's i just drilled and tapped it so the 1way valve screws in. or you could get an adapter from a hydraulics place, manifold direct to 1way valve

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Haz View Post
    Generally the engines with the turbo and seperate elbow are earlier, which wants the loom with the spare white connector, orange ecu's and 007 afm.
    Later has spare pink connector with extra wires and either maroon or green and blue ecu's with 021 afm. They have to match the flywheel.
    Brake servo can come anywhere off the manifold, usually the large port by the throttle and wants a gtt one way valve somewhere in the pipe run.
    Oh, the later uses lambda probe but most of the sensors will match up. And I'm in need of a set of later ecu's and afm if your not using them and want to swap
    Right had iv managed upload loads of pics to my photo bucket account, K-tec clio.
    won't let me upload due to URL missing or summat. My ECUs are maroon, and AFM meaning air flow meter , I have that too.the box I'm using is a M59, how do I no if the fly wheel will match ECUs? I have a spare pair of orange ECUs which came to the complete engine> but I think he sold the loom to 1 of the rtoc lads.

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

who have you got the volvo lumps from? 2 seperate people i guess?
    load up your photobucket folder, copy and paste the link in the web address box.
    what numbers on the afm, yes air flow meter.
    m59 box comes on volvo 440/460
    m60 box comes on 480's and i think taller 5th gear.
    you want whichever ecu's came with the engine as they should match the flywheel. the loom needs minimal adjustment to work on either engine.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

who have you got the volvo lumps from? 2 seperate people i guess?
    load up your photobucket folder, copy and paste the link in the web address box.
    what numbers on the afm, yes air flow meter.
    m59 box comes on volvo 440/460
    m60 box comes on 480's and i think taller 5th gear.
    you want whichever ecu's came with the engine as they should match the flywheel. the loom needs minimal adjustment to work on either engine.
    Hahaha I bought 1 from devilish Dave from Fleetwood. And the engine and box from Tim from Ipswich, had a white Clio and just purchased a white skyline, if that rings any bells for members.
    Is it not possible for you to search my account on photo bucket as not sure how copy URL on a tablet :-( I'm about computer illiterate lmao
    http://m295.photobucket.com/profile/...ptZJpnyJGsw%3D
    Last edited by RSi SiDs 480; 27-01-2013 at 21:25.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope that's done the hobby :-)

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah link works. Think daves engine was the later one with the turbo as one piece and didn't have the box. Looks like your using orange ecu's.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: needing help identify loom sensor plugs> b18ft

Haz I have later ecu's and maf knocking about also has boost limit removed by scoff. Pm me if interested.

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

K thanks, maroon's or green and blue? Markey mark had put a few bits to one side for me but don't think he's getting much chance for cars these days. I'd be interested if daz is sorted and doesn't need to swap. Let me know the price please.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: needing help identify loom sensor plugs> b18ft

Il have a look at the ecu's when I get a chance there from the later 215mm flywheel version with silver inlet mani.

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

K please do. Maroons are the common ones but either will do.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: needing help identify loom sensor plugs> b18ft

Yeah link works. Think daves engine was the later one with the turbo as one piece and didn't have the box. Looks like your using orange ecu's.
    Right haz iv took pics of the mafs an ECUs I have, uploading as we speak. All getting abit confusing with Avin so many
    Spares.so just to clarify.
    I'm using the b18 with the smaller waste gate manifold exit, with m59 box, and they came with orange ECUs 007 AFm
    But the loom I'm using came off the b18 with the seperate waste gate exit as see in my pics, with maroon ECUs and 026 AFM. And the loom as see has a red plug. What ever I don't need, more than welcome to them :-)
    http://m295.photobucket.com/albums/K...%20to%20B18Ft/

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

Dave's engine should be later version, have one piece turbo and should have maroon ecu's (not seen that afm with them, lets just presume its a match)
    The flywheel, ecu's and afm all have to match, everything else generally swaps over.
    I assume you have everything with the engine/gearbox combo apart from the loom.
    So, the loom can be used but you will need to add a live. The early loom has 2wires, the later has it internally on the ecu, pins 5 and 6 I think.
    That help?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Dave's engine should be later version, have one piece turbo and should have maroon ecu's (not seen that afm with them, lets just presume its a match)
    The flywheel, ecu's and afm all have to match, everything else generally swaps over.
    I assume you have everything with the engine/gearbox combo apart from the loom.
    So, the loom can be used but you will need to add a live. The early loom has 2wires, the later has it internally on the ecu, pins 5 and 6 I think.
    That help?
    Yep I'm getting there now shag, so use everything I had with the complete engine use there ECUs etc an modify my loom to these!
    So now more to the point, how do I get the diagrams to suit, maroons/orange ECU? And what type of ignition/coil should I be using?