Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flat rate membership fee

Nothing to stop any of them joining here .....yes it is silly isn't it but ... big fish bowl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL485 View Post
    Silly really isnt it. I dont see how a merge would harm.

i think the thing is whos going to give up there club, they could join here but i think giving up there site and individuality would be the issue. i think it would be the same here if everyone on rtoc was asked to go joing up over on another site, we would no longer be rtoc as such

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe there is a way they can be the "21OC, part of the RTOC"

A branch of the tree but a branch in its own right, if you see what I mean.

Like Scotland. They will be much weaker on their own (in many political, financial and business ways), if they choose independence, but they will be in control. The trade off isn't worth it IMO but other people might argue differently.

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A merger other clubs, they might want to retain their technical info, threads, etc, and control over their membership fees.

Just off loading the work of membership and website management to a larger club, for that part of their takings that they would normally spend for that.

They'd want to retain control over their spend on their specific events, etc. Have their own membership packs.

I had a plan the other year to create new sections of the RTOC site that would look like some other site, ie, a Twingo website. But have the one membership fee system, etc. Twingo owner can then log into their own front page, have their own home page and threads, but also log into RTOC area and RTOC members get access to all. Kind of thing. That fell flat when I failed to get anyone to even do small(ish) jobs to this site.