Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flat rate membership fee

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    That's why we need bigger committee
    But that's what we've achieved this week isn't it? That's how I feel? New year new ideas & all that.

Post Thanks / Like

That's why we need bigger committee
    Get out Steve, If your publicly being outed be a fellow member of the committee over who's done more

Post Thanks / Like

Leading on from other thread, Robbo is right that there are hardly any committee left. I personally have invested three full days this week into the RTOC. How about you?

Three days that I NEEDED to be doing other stuff, but here the need was greater but I'm not going to carry on putting in the hours like I used to. The load needs to be better shared.
    Sorry I ment to quote this not previous

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    Get out Steve, If your publicly being outed be a fellow member of the committee over who's done more
    Yeah i think my time is through TBH

Post Thanks / Like

You have been great for the role, let that not be forgotten if you step down

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the committee should all resign and let anarchy take over? Marxism in action with a new RTOC rising from the Ashes?

Or we could be responsible, take charge, have a management structure and try and do it right.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the committee should all resign and let anarchy take over? Marxism in action with a new RTOC rising from the Ashes?

Or we could be responsible, take charge, have a management structure and try and do it right.
    Be a dictator Ian

Post Thanks / Like

Are we adjusting the price or not?
    I'm lost over the whole thing now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve - Raider View Post
    But that's what we've achieved this week isn't it? That's how I feel? New year new ideas & all that.
    Yes it's very good and worth the effort.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    Are we adjusting the price or not?
    I'm lost over the whole thing now.

Post Thanks / Like

It does look like we are going to be adjusting the price when we can figure out exactly how to Pages and papers have to be adjusted. How do we adjust the two tier system? Will what we do work as we want it to? These matters are under investigation.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

It's all gone anul.

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why this was ever posted for member input. Threads like this only ever go one way

RTOC at its best

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy View Post
    I don't know why this was ever posted for member input. Threads like this only ever go one way

RTOC at its best
    could have had a quick committee vote and bobs ya aunty!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how you can say that Ashy when this thread has led to 3 new committee members and at lest 6 new members. Facebook feedback, a Youtube channel, a twitter account and more besides. It's done the club a power of good. And everyone who said, seems OK with £15 renewal.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of good ideas and positives from the thread.

Post Thanks / Like

this thread has led to 3 new committee members and at lest 6 new members. Facebook feedback, a Youtube channel, a twitter account and more besides. It's done the club a power of good. And everyone who said, seems OK with £15 renewal.

Post Thanks / Like

What role did Jrp go for in the end or what was he given ????

Post Thanks / Like

So far it was Ross and Chris to do events and Romil to do various things. And Haz who has been quietly running the shop for some months.

Post Thanks / Like

RTOC at its best

One of the most positive threads I've ever seen on here. These changes may well be the club's saving grace.

Post Thanks / Like

this thread has led to 3 new committee members and at lest 6 new members. Facebook feedback, a Youtube channel, a twitter account and more besides. It's done the club a power of good. And everyone who said, seems OK with £15 renewal.
    ^ Incase you haven't read through this thread, Ashy...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by philr5t View Post
    Health and safety officer.

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Penis Enlargement officer

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

RTOC at its best
    It was posted as I/the committee wanted to hear what the members had to say/think about the price increase rather than making the decision for the whole club with 5/6 committee people

This thread has been very positive for sure

Re the price increase, yes it should be going ahead soon. I beleive I know how to alter the website to accomodate the price change, we just need to alter a few pages to reflect the price. Once done I'll make an announcement

Post Thanks / Like

Be serious I'm not wanted, only re lit the flyer idea etc. the committee would die before wanting me on board

Post Thanks / Like

Health and safety officer.

Post Thanks / Like

Be serious I'm not wanted, only re lit the flyer idea etc. the committee would die before wanting me on board
    please listen to this whilst reading, makes it more dramatic.

http://youtu.be/jAImc0EfuAU

Post Thanks / Like

please listen to this whilst reading, makes it more dramatic.

http://youtu.be/jAImc0EfuAU
    Lol

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how you can say that Ashy when this thread has led to 3 new committee members and at lest 6 new members. Facebook feedback, a Youtube channel, a twitter account and more besides. It's done the club a power of good. And everyone who said, seems OK with £15 renewal.
    I'm glad my negative take on it resulted in a group hug!

Post Thanks / Like

As one or two have said, this thread has been totally different from the others of its type. Things have actually happened this time! More even than has been listed in Ian's post.

It's been a breath of fresh air and it's come not a moment too soon IMO. Who started the thread? The committee. Who has been responsible for ringing the changes? The members. Brilliant!

Matt - I agree with you totally. I have always been an advocate of a committee based leadership for this club. Sometimes however a bit of anarchy can be good for re-energising and/or refreshing that committee and I hope this thread has had that affect. If so, we need to get the most out of it.

Jon, I think if you really want to get involved then there isn't anything stopping you mate. I mean that honestly. If you want to help this club, there are things to do.

Steve, I really hope you stay in your position, I think you do a great job.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread has saved RTOC IMO.

Either get on board or get out.

FB, Twitter, Youtube whatever the media outlet is going to be bringing this club kicking and screaming into 2013 wheather members like it or not.

Now is the time to let vendettas/issues/sarcasm off the boards and get rid of the clique mentality this club is dripping in.

Im glad Andy Blunt has decided to give the club another chance as will so many other members that have left due to the direction (lack of) the club has taken in recent times.
    The FB page was looked upon as a threat and a problem that would/could ultimatley end RTOC (still a website but no ND or RRD). Stories of RTOC members PM-ing others to warn them off using FB??? We're here to talk about the cars we love not shaft eachother.

I found a common ground with alot of the "outcasts" on FB and various other avenues after my issues with some members at ND12. I'd use RTOC for info and FB for fun/friends/laidback attitude and have made some good aquaintances and friends. I had no intrest conversing with members who basically couldnt be arsed to say hello. Id say alot of the problems/edge/sarcasm/(being borderline dicks) gives the club a bad rep is generated by a handful of members that think they have some kind of devine right to say and do what they want on here. Cut that out and your onto a winner because the vast amount of ordinary members share the same opinion. Fact.

There will be no naming of names this post is simply to highlight the core issue of the decline of memberships. I just hope the ones that know this is aimed at will take heed if what we are trying to do here is to succeed.

Ive been here less than 12 months and never felt a club member, ive been on FB 3 month and its like ive known some of the lads years. Why is that? I aint the only one! There is no agendas there as it is a new page with all NEW diverse members, not stagnating repetitive condesending attitudes from dinosaurs.

Ive dropped what happened to me n me mate at ND and put it down to experience. Ill be coming again this year with a bit more knowledge of the club and the way it works, bygones be bygones and look forward together for 2013.

As far as the membership goes id go as far to pay up to £35 to ensure good running of the club and get the best experience we can possible (FFS my xbox membership is £35). (or a nut and bolt from CGB)

Love it or hate it this is IMO, i have a MASSIVE ENTHUSIASM BACK FOR THE CLUBS ONCE AGAIN. Peace

South East Regional Rep soapymech's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post

+1

Post Thanks / Like

As one or two have said, this thread has been totally different from the others of its type. Things have actually happened this time! More even than has been listed in Ian's post.

It's been a breath of fresh air and it's come not a moment too soon IMO. Who started the thread? The committee. Who has been responsible for ringing the changes? The members. Brilliant!

Matt - I agree with you totally. I have always been an advocate of a committee based leadership for this club. Sometimes however a bit of anarchy can be good for re-energising and/or refreshing that committee and I hope this thread has had that affect. If so, we need to get the most out of it.

Jon, I think if you really want to get involved then there isn't anything stopping you mate. I mean that honestly. If you want to help this club, there are things to do.

Trev, if helps needed and I can in anyway help, I'd be happy to, been a member for years and don't want to see Rtoc fail, I was lost when the site had the long down time period.. If I'm approached I'll seriously consider doing my best by the club. I know I'm flippant quite often, but that's just me... People that know me, know I'm not a baddy.
    Last edited by JRP; 25-01-2013 at 12:31.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red October View Post

FB, Twitter, Youtube whatever the media outlet is going to be bringing this club kicking and screaming into 2013 wheather members like it or not.

Now is the time to let vendettas/issues/sarcasm off the boards and get rid of the clique mentality this club is dripping in.

Im glad Andy Blunt has decided to give the club another chance as will so many other members that have left due to the direction (lack of) the club has taken in recent times.
    The FB page was looked upon as a threat and a problem that would/could ultimatley end RTOC (still a website but no ND or RRD). Stories of RTOC members PM-ing others to warn them off using FB??? We're here to talk about the cars we love not shaft eachother.

I found a common ground with alot of the "outcasts" on FB and various other avenues after my issues with some members at ND12. I'd use RTOC for info and FB for fun/friends/laidback attitude and have made some good aquaintances and friends. I had no intrest conversing with members who basically couldnt be arsed to say hello. Id say alot of the problems/edge/sarcasm/(being borderline dicks) gives the club a bad rep is generated by a handful of members that think they have some kind of devine right to say and do what they want on here. Cut that out and your onto a winner because the vast amount of ordinary members share the same opinion. Fact.

There will be no naming of names this post is simply to highlight the core issue of the decline of memberships. I just hope the ones that know this is aimed at will take heed if what we are trying to do here is to succeed.

Ive been here less than 12 months and never felt a club member, ive been on FB 3 month and its like ive known some of the lads years. Why is that? I aint the only one! There is no agendas there as it is a new page with all NEW diverse members, not stagnating repetitive condesending attitudes from dinosaurs.

Ive dropped what happened to me n me mate at ND and put it down to experience. Ill be coming again this year with a bit more knowledge of the club and the way it works, bygones be bygones and look forward together for 2013.

As far as the membership goes id go as far to pay up to £35 to ensure good running of the club and get the best experience we can possible (FFS my xbox membership is £35). (or a nut and bolt from CGB)

Love it or hate it this is IMO, i have a MASSIVE ENTHUSIASM BACK FOR THE CLUBS ONCE AGAIN. Peace
    Good lad.

Post Thanks / Like

Fair comment, tactful too the dinosaurs you refer to quite often are just passionate and show it in varying ways.

Post Thanks / Like

Trev,

Agree with that. It's now up to the commitee to pull a list of actions together forecast for at least the next 12 months, with the individual tasks assigned to each committee memember (microsoft project is good for this). Each commitee member could then aproach the general members for help and other ideas on how to achieve each goal.

Unfortunately it will require someone to drive this forward and try and keep track of progress from all individuals. To me that's the first port of call, followed closely with a commitee meeting on what to do with this website in order for it to become flexible enough for all the clubs needs.

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Cole View Post
    Trev,

Agree with that. It's now up to the commitee to pull a list of actions together forecast for at least the next 12 months, with the individual tasks assigned to each committee memember (microsoft project is good for this). Each commitee member could then aproach the general members for help and other ideas on how to achieve each goal.

Unfortunately it will require someone to drive this forward and try and keep track of progress from all individuals. To me that's the first port of call, followed closely with a commitee meeting on what to do with this website in order for it to become flexible enough for all the clubs needs.

Matt
    Almost like a role of success coach is required, to keep spirits up and help those people helping already. I'd back you into this role, can't fault your enthusiasm and vision/sensible outlook.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there an echo in here. This is the exact role I was describing earlier and the person I have my eye on for it is Jon

In all seriousness, that role would do wonders whoever took it on. A bulldog, an enabler who is happy not to be the most popular person in the world, chasing round people for things they are struggling to find the time to progress as they had initially intended (and assisting them, or finding assistance for them, if possible).

More efficiency with reassigning tasks from folk who're simply unable to see things through is also crucial. Where is that updated flyer for example feck's sake?

What I'm saying is, Ian likes to lead from the back and does a fantastic job. He just needs a front man.

Last edited by Trevhib; 25-01-2013 at 13:37.

Post Thanks / Like

The FB page was looked upon as a threat and a problem that would/could ultimatley end
    RTOC (still a website but no ND or RRD). Stories of RTOC members PM-ing others to warn them off using FB??? We're here to talk about the cars we love not shaft eachother.

Well said Ash, couldnt agree more.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the exact role I was describing earlier and the person I have my eye on for it is Jon....
    Why not?? Jerpa would make a good bulldog, he'd got the natural looks for it!

In all seriousness though, why doesn't JRP or Matt Cole put themselves forwards for it?

Post Thanks / Like

Lets be honest here...........no one likes JRP.

There............i've said it.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J8TRO View Post

*Apart from me, can't fail to love the big boll0cks who manages to burn both his hands one day!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks mate

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks mate
    No, thank you x

Your the only reason I still log on each day, in the vein hope you'll have PM'd me or written a witty reply on a thread.........Oh why are you so down JRP

WHY...................?

(god damn it Friday afternoon is dragging at work)

Sorry

Post Thanks / Like

No, thank you x

Your the only reason I still log on each day, in the vein hope you'll have PM'd me or written a witty reply on a thread.........Oh why are you so down JRP

WHY...................?

(god damn it Friday afternoon is dragging at work)

Sorry
    I hoped you were kidding lol I was racking my brain trying to think what I'd done to you

Post Thanks / Like

C'mon give Jon a job .
    It is my final wish ,before I take the long walk into the cursed earth , that he be appointed to something that suits his talents

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    C'mon give Jon a job .
    It is my final wish ,before I take the long walk into the cursed earth , that he be appointed to something that suits his talents
    Lol waiting to see me fail and then make a JRP fail tshirt for the club shop,

Another idea, (old but let's rethink it for revenue)

Rtoc polos with club name under the Rtoc badge... Good for meets

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    C'mon give Jon a job .
    Also what talent? Club idiot?

Post Thanks / Like

http://vimeo.com/m/58184068

As spoke about earlier in the thread about my cousin having his own filming talents for hire.. Then strange enough he puts up the link above..
    Yes I know it's not a gt