Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flat rate membership fee

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    folk wax and wane
    Hence having a printer service, so any club official can have them print more stuff.
    I think at times it's about motivating whoever is enthusiastic at the time to get things achieved.

In Penfold suggesting Steve's Mrs he wasn't then suggesting that we then rely on her
    But that's what would happen.
    Miller for the updating of this one flyer image.
    There are numerous images that Miller is 'about' to do or re-do, including the various magazine adverts that he previously did.

Yes, there should an established set of third party suppliers and motivation for use them, be and we have been asking for extra help for years but very few people have responded and some of those couldn't do much if anything.

Some people do want to get more involved but they are wanting to help rather than lead the way.

We need some more motivators and leader types who come up with ideas and plans and can carry them out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    Well that's how it is Jon. We've been saying this for long time. How could you not have noticed!

A lot of committee have left over the last years and some not been replaced. The few people who are working for the club every day have been under some strain for some time.

i noticed, also know my helps declined when offered. so i just gave up bothering

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe one of the agreements to taking a committee position is that they arrange for their replacement before they leave.

The reality is probably that some people just drift away and b*gger off without ever bothering but still.

Post Thanks / Like

Ian, why don't you (or one of the committee), set up (and keep updated) a sticky thread listing everything that needs doing (that isn't already being managed well or requires proper, continued dedication), and allow anyone from the membership base to take on individual tasks?

Maybe Jon could be taken on to motivate club members to pick up some of these tasks, chivvy them along, and monitor/report (on the thread if not to the committee directly), their progress/status?

Who knows what needs doing atm that might be do-able for bog-standard members?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Replacements

That's not so easy. We've tried as a group to get new people. It's not far from the point that there are only new people to get new people and some many old ones moved on.

An example is the shop. Lee did find someone who has been filling orders but beyond that, things have stalled. Lee was more driven it seems to build up the shop and make it make some profit but he had to divert his efforts to his own business. The new shop person already has his own busy business. We are fortunate to have him take over from Lee but as a volunteer the club can't 'expect', just be grateful for what is given.

Post Thanks / Like

A print service sounds good but having one doesn't mean we can't also do the other and in fact, since there isn't a service in place at the minute, that's no reason not to do anything if there are other options.

This flyer is quite a big thing that can be achieved quite easily at nil cost to the Club. So, all members get a copy and all members are encouraged to print a few off and get them out there.

In fact even I will promise to print a few off and keep them in my Mrs' Focus (and carry one or two), to put on all performance Renaults when I get the opportunity.

Penfold, about that PM....

Hell, Ian, send me whatever copy of that image you have, unless it's only a jpg, in which case I can rip it off the site as described earlier.

Post Thanks / Like

Jon doesn't even turn up to any meets on his doorstep.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    Jon doesn't even turn up to any meets on his doorstep.
    Spent last 5 month immobile, and had surgery you nob

Post Thanks / Like

You had surgery on your knob!!

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like the flyer idea and it's something I was going to bring up in due course. It's not a new idea as said, I once had a load sent to me to distribute when I became area rep.

If someone can alter the one we have or better still come up with a new one that incorporates the correct membership fees (when they're changed) and also mention the ND, I will take them to a printers and have a load of copies made. We can send them out in membership pack. I think this is a very good and easy idea

Post Thanks / Like

You had surgery on your knob!!
    No

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. But the event's co-ordinator doesn't have time or interest and has repeatedly strongly said that events like this have no worth, and no-one else cares enough to get up and do something about it. I don't have a Renault or I'd have taken it to the Enfield show.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Who is the events cordinator if the aint got time or intrest then isnt that considerd abit of a problem
    If someone would like to take on the role of events organiser that's ok with me. I'm not bothered about stepping down to let someone else have a go?

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Events

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve - Raider View Post
    If someone would like to take on the role of events organiser that's ok with me. I'm not bothered about stepping down to let someone else have a go?
    Ill gladly take on ALL the small event organising Steve leaving you to pick and choose which ones you can manage. Only if you and everyone else is in agreeance.

Post Thanks / Like

events organiser
    But you're remaining as ND organiser?

General event's organiser was another role.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flyer

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    If someone can alter the one we have or better still come up with a new one that incorporates the correct membership fees (when they're changed) and also mention the ND, I will take them to a printers and have a load of copies made. We can send them out in membership pack. I think this is a very good and easy idea
    I remembered the printer that Miller used and just phoned him to see if he has the original Coral Draw artwork. He may have. If so, editing will be only a few minutes work.

Together with the changes we want made, I'm now going to email him the jpeg, as shown a few posts up, and see if that's amongst the originals he has.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

But you're remaining as ND organiser?

General event's organiser was another role.
    Yeah i don't mind, if someone wants to do it all or you split it back upto smaller elements then that's ok with me?

Maybe Chris & Ross should share the smaller events co-ordinator, or take on the lot together?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slammed 66 View Post
    Ill gladly take on ALL the small event organising Steve leaving you to pick and choose which ones you can manage. Only if you and everyone else is in agreeance.

Post Thanks / Like

why we cant go to more events as a club and if it was a lack of money or if it was a lack of man power because i was willing to help
    Lack of man power.

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I should mention about being a member be it a committee member, or just arranging events... Expect it to take up alot of time, a few hours a week (feel like more as you will get pm's, respond to emails/telephone calls... )

It's also a thankless task and you will get negative comments, which is very hard not to take to heart as you will have put in your time and effort into it.

It can also feel that when you attend ND/POD it's abit of a chore rather than a day to look forward to with your mates as some of the time you will help manage club stand or just running around sort out show and shine, or get drivers to briefings etc.... But I would say it's a role that you will enjoy, helping other members, members you may not speak to, but as a member of the RTOC team you will speak to alot of members

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I really like the flyer idea and it's something I was going to bring up in due course. It's not a new idea as said, I once had a load sent to me to distribute when I became area rep.

Yes we want it in the membership packs but we ALSO want it in jpg form (once updated), to every existing member's email inbox so we can print them out ourselves. It costs the club nothing to do this and enables an immediate distribution of these things and by far more people!

The national day is mentioned in the bullets. The membership fees should be left off because they might change (and change again), which means changing the flyer each time. You want to future proof it as much as possible.

If the original file is available (either from the printers or Miller), that would make it much easier to mod it but it's not impossible without it.

Post Thanks / Like

If someone would create me a list of changes I will do it asap.

I can get them printed and sent down to alex.

Regards
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Chris,

Thanks.

I did that already, by now forgot what, and I have to do it again. Just looking at it now. Some months ago I edited the one that gets linked to from the club page when Alex joined as membership Secretary. I need to do an amalgam of the two.

I spoke to Robert and am about to email him direct to see if he has the artwork you did on file for this particular item. He does have some.

I have to do it myself this time, I've been waiting for over a year.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i don't mind, if someone wants to do it all or you split it back upto smaller elements then that's ok with me?

Maybe Chris & Ross should share the smaller events co-ordinator, or take on the lot together?
    I have no problem with helping ross with small events organising you seem to be takeing this as a personal thing steve at end of day if you dont have time to organise smaller events thats fine we are offering to help and last years nd was a rite kick in the teeth for you with a few people moaning even tho by far and away the majority of people that went really enjoyed it i pmd you a couple of weeks back offering to help you with other events?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no problem with helping ross with small events organising you seem to be takeing this as a personal thing steve at end of day if you dont have time to organise smaller events thats fine we are offering to help and last years nd was a rite kick in the teeth for you with a few people moaning even tho by far and away the majority of people that went really enjoyed it i pmd you a couple of weeks back offering to help you with other events?
    Not at all Chris, it's good for new blood to come into the club and committee and improve things for all members given people's circumstances change etc. I'm not taking any of this personally.

TBH you're right about the kick in the b4lls from last years Festival & my motivation isn't as high for it as it once was.

Maybe my position should change to being events co-ordinator and we have several events co-ordinators like me that can work together to get things done? I'm more than happy doing the Ring & Sangliers trips etc so I could concentrate on that, Chris & Ross can concentrate on other events, and then we all work together on ND?

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

we have several events co-ordinators like me that can work together to get things done? I'm more than happy doing the Ring & Sangliers trips etc so I could concentrate on that, Chris & Ross can concentrate on other events, and then we all work together on ND?

Post Thanks / Like

Not at all Chris, it's good for new blood to come into the club and committee and improve things for all members given people's circumstances change etc. I'm not taking any of this personally.

TBH you're right about the kick in the b4lls from last years Festival & my motivation isn't as high for it as it once was.

Maybe my position should change to being events co-ordinator and we have several events co-ordinators like me that can work together to get things done? I'm more than happy doing the Ring & Sangliers trips etc so I could concentrate on that, Chris & Ross can concentrate on other events, and then we all work together on ND?
    Aslong as it aint seen as we are trying to push in. And steve if you can organise a couple of body guards i will judge show and shine

Post Thanks / Like

Lack of man power.
    I'm putting myself forward to help out with one or some of the below:
    · organise the area reps
    · organise small meetings that Steve can't do
    · edit the club Contacts section
    · going through the articles section and doing some major fixing of links and stuff.

Oh and I am now the FB Guru... If you're on FB, let me know (Romil Davda) or get yourself added:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/RTOC/230200617060130

I will try and co-ordinate the Events from this site to FB, also get your pics up from ND and all other meets!

We have some great peeps here on the club who are more than happy to help, let's get those who want to be involved, involved? Not forgetting you silent ones out there too, just because you don't post messages or write articles, doesn't mean you don't care

Post Thanks / Like

My opinion is that if people wanted to join they would and the price wouldn't put them off.If they can afford to own, run,restore a 5 then parting with 25 quid isn't the problem.So what is?Reputation possibly? ??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by casper View Post
    My opinion is that if people wanted to join they would and the price wouldn't put them off.If they can afford to own, run,restore a 5 then parting with 25 quid isn't the problem.So what is?Reputation possibly? ??
    Exactly!! I was warned off by ex members off here but I'm my own man and I won't lie they were right with a lot of it but I think they were a little thin skinned.. As in business a complaint travels an costs you business.. You simply can't please everyone but you should defo try and get along with the ones that turn up.. My offer still stands to pay for the name badges.. Or look at the link the master has put up atleast Facebook will give names and faces.. More than what I had on my first nd when not many even spoke.. And don't say I should of introduced myself.. Still enjoyed it though others may not have.. Rant over

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by casper View Post
    25 quid is nothing nobody runs a turbocharged renault because there cheap so they must have some exspendable income but i dont know why the dont choose RTOC there is alot of competion on the internet but i reckon theres some really good ideas to try and t more members and if we start goin to more shows then maybe we can raise awareness of the club

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps Blunty could start a topic on his FB page asking why people aren't interested in joining rtoc?

See it as constructive criticism

Committee Member
    North West Regional Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

i can do that for you no probs mart, i really think rtoc should take advantage of the world of facebook has a much wider scope for advertising/promoting and attracting potential new members etc

Post Thanks / Like

25 quid is nothing nobody runs a turbocharged renault because there cheap so they must have some exspendable income but i dont know why the dont choose RTOC there is alot of competion on the internet but i reckon theres some really good ideas to try and t more members and if we start goin to more shows then maybe we can raise awareness of the club
    Not true, sorry I know several people depending on there's as daily runners and ain't so well off. 15 would suit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluntyR5GTT View Post
    i can do that for you no probs mart, i really think rtoc should take advantage of the world of facebook has a much wider scope for advertising/promoting and attracting potential new members etc
    Cheers mate

I think it'd be good feedback for the Committee, and as said, they should take any negative feedback as constructive criticism & work on improving that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    If someone would create me a list of changes I will do it asap.

I can get them printed and sent down to alex.

Regards
    Chris
    Hi Chris.

Put a date on it?

Also, would it be possible to have both the existing and newly updated layered files emailed to the committee and saved on an admin part of the site or something so it can be picked up and altered by someone else if time somehow slips away again?

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

mart if you tell me exactly what you would like me to ask then ill ask it and pin the post at the top for a while to get as much feedback as possible

Post Thanks / Like

Just why they're not an rtoc member, or words to that effect

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    Not true, sorry I know several people depending on there's as daily runners and ain't so well off. 15 would suit
    i aint saying that everyone who runs one is minted and has money to burn i definatly havent but these cars are luxuries to a certain extent would you not agree there are cheaper cars to run day to day. but the point i am trying to make is 25 pound really isnt alot of money and dropping it to 15 will help i just dont believe thats the biggest factor

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

done

Post Thanks / Like

If it's joining costs, that throws more weight behind Alex's proposal of lowering the fee to £15.

If it's lack/type of events, that gives the new blood chaps something to chew on.

If it's lack of trackdays, that gives me something to chew on

Poor vfm?

Dare I say it, cliqueness/hard for a new member to 'get involved'.

Etc, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

done

Keep us posted mate. It'll be good feedback for the club/Committee.

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

would you like me to tag you in the post so you get notified when there is a reply? just had first feedback

Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff chaps

Andy could you post the feedback here?

Unless it needs to be private in some way. In which case, you could start a committee thread?

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i honestly dont think £25 is a great deal for a complete years membership when you consider all the info/help etc etc you get, the amount of cash to be saved by being a member could be massive.

defo one area which would be great to improve on is trying to get out there at some events i know this is easier said than done but nothing is impossible

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps stop the privacy on these things what was we saying about click? Say it out loud and be proud of the club and its members.. We're not at work we shouldn't be talking behind closed doors IMO

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

first bit of feedback is as follows

I'm not yet...but will be. The only reason for me at the moment is that I've set myself a car related budget, and currently I'm putting all that money into the car. As soon as I can, I'll put £25 toward joining up

i have suggested that he just might not have pay £25 in the coming future.

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

more feedback

i used to be a member. the site went down for a while and by the time it worked again my membership had run out. i did try and rejoin using there instruction but it wouldnt work and i never botherd since.

i have linked alex to that reply to see if he could sort something out for him

Post Thanks / Like

Just a suggestion but if you look at bluntys Facebook group anything goes.There's still plenty of people who like to drive in a certain way and want to be able to speak about it,the last time I saw a thread like that on here someone put it had no place on the rtoc.There's always plenty of people on here yet the boards are quiet.Since I have been a member some people who seem to be on every day have never replied to anything I have put.Lots of people have though and I am grateful,iv also met a few good people and not been a member long.Its difficult when you have members that have been here years.Getting the members will be the easy part,its keeping them that's hardest.
    Last edited by casper; 23-01-2013 at 19:24. Reason: wrong

Post Thanks / Like

I used to be a member. the site went down for a while and by the time it worked again my membership had run out. i did try and rejoin using there instruction but it wouldnt work and i never botherd since.
    I wonder if that was during the 2008 period? We gave everyone a free four months or so.

Or when the site was so slow in 2011.

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

it would be the 2008 period mate he did say in another post he hadnt been on rtoc for 5 yrs