Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

decisions on R5 ecu

I been looking around for a ecu kit, i been told megasquirt are good for the price. does anybody have a opinion on what too go for as i dont want to spend a bomb, but dont want crap either!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: decisions on R5 ecu

What do you want it for and mow much do you want to do yourself?

Post Thanks / Like

Adaptronic! It just works with everything

Non-member Matt@CodeRedMotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is good and cheap.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330853025559

Post Thanks / Like

MegaSquirt is cheap and powerful in MS3X version and will cost US500 for a self build kit and loom from somewhere like www.diyautotune.com

The Adaptronic that EFI-Parts sell (Scoff in this club) is an excellent piece of kit but, more importantly has the backing of many other R5 GTT owners on the C1J and many of the F Series engines. It will cost more because it is already built but it will require far less effort to fit.

I'm using the first iteration of MegaSquirt (MS1 Extra) and my reasons were to learn more about EFI so I get a great deal from building the unassembled kit myself.

There are lots of other options out there but, I would have a chat to Scoff (Chris) at EFI-Parts ( www.efi-parts.co.uk ) and he will let you know your options.

Post Thanks / Like

If you think you will need alot of support then the best way to go would be adaptronic from scoff.

If you are prepared to read a bit and do not want to build your own ecu then you can go microsquirt eBay item. It's basically a fully build Megasquirt two with some of the features removed at a reduced cost. With this one you just need to wire it In like every other ecu on the Market.

The other option for Megasquirt is Megasquirt 2 with all the features and fully built from http://www.extraefi.co.uk/MS_All_products.htm they can also offer some support this is very important with ms.

Do not bother looking at Megasquirt 1 as it is very old now. I still use ms1 but will be updating it to ms2 this year.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

More info on all the Megasquirt products.....

http://www.msextra.com/feature-xref.html

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

cheers guys, as im a wood butcher and have little knowledge it may take some reading but i'll get there in the end. time to look at the options. thanks agian

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Quote Originally Posted by davross View Post
    cheers guys, as im a wood butcher and have little knowledge it may take some reading but i'll get there in the end. time to look at the options. thanks agian
    If you can find one for a good price, Renix/Fenix1 21T turbo works fine also.
    You just don't have all the fancy stuff like sequential injection nor separate ignition coil per cylinder, but it has been bullet proof until up to ~550bhp or so (2L J7R with 12V head).
    All the software tools are available for free to remap it yourself.

Otherwise if you have the money, Adaptronic seems to be pretty attractive with the support of the specific 44-2x2 gtt wheel.
    Last edited by Fred²; 09-01-2013 at 10:56.