Post Thanks / Like

carbon fibre bonnet

As above must be in immaculate condition cheers guys

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: carbon fibre bonnet

Have a good look at them before buying..

People who sell them say there amazing

People that own then save face and say there great

People that jogged them on often tell you how p1ss poor the fit/mold/finish was and that they warp..

I've seen a few and I wouldn't fit one to my car if it was free.. Good ones must be as rare as 16yr virgins..

Post Thanks / Like

I didnt know they warped and that i assumed they would be good fit as there so exspensive i know materials are exspensive but still. I just want something diffrent i bought morretes just and want a bonnet with vents or carbon but want something that fits well

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy with mine bud you just need to make it fit by slight adjustment to the hinge holes and keep it well polished.. But then again I was in the right place at the right time when I got mine.. What is the going rate for them?

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    I didnt know they warped and that i assumed they would be good fit as there so exspensive i know materials are exspensive but still. I just want something diffrent i bought morretes just and want a bonnet with vents or carbon but want something that fits well
    The reinforcement is fibreglass and that's known for doing what it likes.. I'd carbon wrap an OE bonnet, all the looks with none of the fitment issues and when your bored of it, peel it off to reveal that lovely OE bonnet that not been knock while lay'd up in the garage.

Post Thanks / Like

There are some badass carbon ones that have the proper skin under them. I've only seen 2 and you won't get these new from cgb and to be fair you don't sound like your ready to spend the cash a proper one would cost.
    The fibreglass ones from cgb warp and are generally a piss poor finish, ketchup sold about 5 off theirs off in one go on ebay as they were all damaged.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine dosnt even have the bonnet stand cut into it so it pisses me off when I want todo anything I will alter it in the summer.. I only put it on because it was cheaper than spraying my bonnet with this years stonechips..

Post Thanks / Like

Yea thats it i aint guna spend a grand on getting one made i spoke to harry on here and he said they sell them on ebay so not worth him makeing one but its the quality issue that is concering me who makes these high quality ones car crash

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Yea thats it i aint guna spend a grand on getting one made i spoke to harry on here and he said they sell them on ebay so not worth him makeing one but its the quality issue that is concering me who makes these high quality ones car crash
    Not sure who makes them but I know of one in someone's loft but doubt he will sell it and if he did it wouldn't be cheap.

Also if you want vents buy one pre done off mike or a member.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd just get a standard one wrapped mate- carbon fibre bonnets are mega bucks

Post Thanks / Like

Yea would be cheaper and then i could keep my mint bonnet safe in loft in case i change my mind

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

The one car crash is talking about was a custom job, the lad told me he took a brand new bonnet (checked/tested fitted) to a company and they made the top and bottom sections etc.. I'm sure he said something like £800 for 1.

Ouch, and this is the one up in the loft.. Not mine

Yet

Post Thanks / Like

Ok well if anyone has a bonnet with vents or a good fitting carbon one let me know thanks