Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

TNT/paisley courier... fail!

after an "attempt" to deliver on thursdasy without leaving a note i presumed it hadnt came so contacted the member who checked and confirmed, so on friday i called paisley, a hour later of it being engaged or ringing out i called tnt, the only 0800 number on the website.
    explained no one was in so to leave with a neighbour or return to the depot for personal collection. again, no note was left.
    arrived at the depot saturday mornin, 40 mins later, no parcel with the assumption that it had been put back on the van for delivery monday and rufused on the basis that there was only 2 staff on although i explained they wouldnt be able to deliver then.
    apparently, 3rd party drivers dont carry the paperwork hence no notes, and there were no details left from the branch i called, coventry, to the collection depot in speke. soi called tnt 0800 number again, 20mins on hold i gave up.
    called again first thing with a complaint, got called back from a manager, who was unaware i had tried to collect and told me the parcel would be delivered in the next half hour to which i had to wake up my cranky mrs who is working nights.
    so i get home and thought i've have a nosey at the head, cams and manifold. some minor tears in the bottom of the package where the manifold studs where rubbing, 'ok a few bent studs i thought' so opened up the box, std carboard box and 2 layers of bubble wrap.

first was the broken air sensor and extra part from the thermostat housing

then the broken cambelt cover bkt

an then a broken cam cover

also chipped, but this may have happened before posting?

so 3 attempts to deliver and there's now 3 bashed corners and 5 extra parts

and there's some marks to the inside of the cam cover, but again dont think are courier ones

so all in all, TNT . . . BIG FAIL !

member is contacting them tomorrow to sort out insurance, and i shall be having another rant with them! gutted

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TNT/paisley courier... fail!

I didn't realise there was a TNT member in Paisley, I wish people would let me know!

That aside - that's shocking, hope you're going to put in a formal complaint and seek reimbursement.

Non-member Matt@CodeRedMotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

197 head haz?
    If you try and get another cam cover it would probably render the head useless as the cam cover and head are line bored, so a matched pair.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

****e news about TNT being a let down- I use them all year round spend thousands on parcels a year, the service does turn crap this time of year, but to be honest its to be expected with the volume of work they have around Xmas.

How was it packaged fella?

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

The member isn't a part of your TNT possie
    Yup, I shall be having a good rant with them this morning and hope it's all covered so neither of us are out of pocket.
    I know the bits can't be mixed which is making it more frustrating, it may be able to be repaired but not the point and would be at extra cost.
    Loads of people use TNT without problems but to be honest, Christmas is just a poor excuse, it happens every year, they're a big courier firm and that's their job so should be staffed up to cope with the extra workload. Packaging was adequate, I can only assume its rolled over in the van or dropped as grab handles where cut in so it should have been lifted and put down the same way each time?

Non-member Matt@CodeRedMotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't mean to try and teach you how to suck eggs re the matched parts, shame really its been properly dropped about, looks like every corner took a bashing.
    Sold that project R21 yet?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Tnt will cover it. I've had problems with claiming parcel damage if its been signed for though. I hope u get it sorted fella. Best of luck.

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, only know as seen what mess swapped covers can make. Just hope TNT will sort to out, don't know if the mrs signed for it but unfair for the other member or me to lose out the state it's in.
    The 21 is still there, it's been suggested that I build up the running gear to possibly make it more appealing and towable but would do that upon buyers request as only hanging on til end of jan and then weighing the shell in and splitting the bits. Shame.

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That's blatantly been chucked in and out of the van

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

I think so too. TNT have said it has to be taken up with paisley couriers. I've had one in umpteen phone calls answered, sent numerous emails with extra details/pics they want but now say nothing can be done until the sender gets in touch. It has to be reported in 3 days, processed by their admin then passed onto the insurance which usually takes a further 8-6 weeks. I'm also under the impression that damaged goods in transit only pay £15 per kilo unless the extra has been covered, value wise. Not looking good

Post Thanks / Like

Not so bad on the housings but the cam cover and those air temps arent cheap either. Hope you get it sorted, a brand new head would be nice

Post Thanks / Like

Considering paisley freight are used massivly within the car forums (i for one send a huge amount of wheels with them) thanks to there structured pricing it makes this easy, I think by making this thread public it will cause a big stir.