Post Thanks / Like

Re: whyte146

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Please stop horsing around
    Naaay

Although it is all a load of old pony *groan*

Post Thanks / Like

It's just impossible to resolve these things when people get the bit between their teeth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Reed View Post
    Personally I dont think anyone should post other than the person's concerned in the sale... They all turn into this, which quite frankly is a joke..
    This is true. Perhaps the club should make a rule and put some sanction against the breaking of it.

All posts from members who are not directly related to that specific sale* will be deleted (in all cases except site moderator intervention) and then the offenders sanctioned (unless there are genuine mitigating circumstances).

*when there are multiple buyers using the same classified advert (like when a list of parts is available on the same advert), this still counts as a separate sale for each buyer.

Anyone else who has a grievance with the same buyer/seller and who hadn't previously spoken up, should start their own thread. OK we'll have the odd multiple thread for the same bad buyer/seller which isn't the best but with club numbers as they are it shouldn't be a problem.

Who in the committee is going to take this on?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    This is true. Perhaps the club should make a rule and put some sanction against the breaking of it.

All posts from members who are not directly related to that specific sale* will be deleted (in all cases except site moderator intervention) and then the offenders sanctioned (unless there are genuine mitigating circumstances).

*when there are multiple buyers using the same classified advert (like when a list of parts is available on the same advert), this still counts as a separate sale for each buyer.

Anyone else who has a grievance with the same buyer/seller and who hadn't previously spoken up, should start their own thread. OK we'll have the odd multiple thread for the same bad buyer/seller which isn't the best but with club numbers as they are it shouldn't be a problem.

Thing is look at the thread its normaley the same people that get involved you dont need the comitee to get involved just apply some common sense if it dont concern you and you dont know exactly the circumstances who are we to judge and that goes for us all

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

None of the remaining few of us have time to police the boards all the time.

And this suggestion has been discussed a few times.

Sometimes it's useful to have experienced members chip in to a disagreement. Each case needs to looked at on it's own.

Some people do just do it for sport and entertainment.

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

All posts from members who are not directly related to that specific sale* MAY be deleted (in all cases except site moderator intervention) and then the offenders sanctioned (by the giving of points) (unless there are genuine mitigating circumstances).
    How often does this happen that it need rules like this? And someone's time taken to apply them.

Sometimes though they ad weight and pressure to get the situation resolved where there is yet another problem with a same miscreant scoundrel of a seller.

This is the negative feedback section after all rather than the advert section.

With this current thread the problem is inadequate communication. If the buyer had sent a PM saying "does the refund include return postage" or the seller had sent one saying "that includes return postage" this thread may not have happened.

It looks like the seller has intentionally mis sold. Then in response to the grievance was dismissive, then argumentative. A better attitude would simply have been to say at the beginning "yes I will pay the return postage". The seller is clearly not sorry for mis-selling and then attempted to mis-lead the buyer that the small exhaust would not perform any differently to the large one. We can assume that the seller hoped the buyer was going to simply pay the return postage and did not intend to offer unless the buyer complained.

It's not clear to me whether further posts were flippant humour or meaningful further dismissiveness and an attempt to deflect from the facts. "nothing you lot can do", yes there is, as has been pointed out.

Just reading it again and post no. 2 is threatening. Right from the off, bullying the seller with bullsh1t about libel.

Gives the impression of either someone with very serious insecurity issues or the impression of an experienced but not very good swindler.

IMO it's fair to assume that return postage is not included unless stated, especially where an item appears to have been intentionally sold with wrong details. One immediately assumes that getting the money back will be a problem and involve some unpleasantness.

We won't ban you from the club over something like this, although we have for repeat offenders, but we could ban you from use of the classifieds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Thing is look at the thread its normaley the same people that get involved you dont need the comitee to get involved just apply some common sense if it dont concern you and you dont know exactly the circumstances who are we to judge and that goes for us all

Who are the people that normally get involved? Are you happy to say?

And if there is a repeated pattern what makes you think it's going to change without intervention, when as Ian points out this has been discussed before and yet we have the status quo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    None of the remaining few of us have time to police the boards all the time.

And this suggestion has been discussed a few times.

Sometimes it's useful to have experienced members chip in to a disagreement. Each case needs to looked at on it's own.

Some people do just do it for sport and entertainment.
    The committee issue and board moderators issue is a separate problem.

I agree that others chipping in is sometimes useful but on balance I'd say it would be much better to do without that in order to get rid of the destructive element.

An open conversation between the two parties is often enlightening enough for everyone else to make their own decisions as to who's to blame and whether or not to deal with that person/s in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Who are the people that normally get involved? Are you happy to say?

And if there is a repeated pattern what makes you think it's going to change without intervention, when as Ian points out this has been discussed before and yet we have the status quo.
    Dont realy want to start pointing fingers trev but there definatly people that enjoy an argument. What i mean refrence a commitee we are grown adults we manage to get by in the real world and day to day without a commitee keeping us safe. Its just all to easy to get behind a computer and have a go at someone but in a face to face situation they probley wouldnt be so quick to have a go

Post Thanks / Like

I know mate, it was rhetorical tbh.

I just mean you're asking people who enjoy something that's less than helpful to simply stop doing it. Experience says that's never going to happen on RTOC.

So you're left with two options. Let it continue (in which case there's no point complaining about it), or put a rule in place and enforce it. Having the committee do such a thing is hardly oppressive.

Post Thanks / Like

My lord.... Just read all this farce, If i was a potentiol member looking to join up and had just read this it would pretty much certainly put me off joining...

More like an episode of Brookside! (for those who can remember it?)

Post Thanks / Like

"Just read all this farce, If i was a potentiol member looking to join up and had just read this it would pretty much certainly put me off joining."

Couldn`t agree more not sure it`s worth the £35 and will be having 2nd thoughts about re-newing when it runs out..

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flight666 View Post
    "Just read all this farce, If i was a potentiol member looking to join up and had just read this it would pretty much certainly put me off joining."

Couldn`t agree more not sure it`s worth the £35 and will be having 2nd thoughts about re-newing when it runs out..
    To be fair it will only cost you £10 to renew, excellent value for all this entertainment that is dished out on a regular basis IMHO

Post Thanks / Like

Well if your`e not on the recieving end, for a tenner it`s cheaper than SKY so I see your point..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nad-5GTT View Post
    To be fair it will only cost you £10 to renew, excellent value for all this entertainment that is dished out on a regular basis IMHO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brizza View Post
    My lord.... Just read all this farce, If i was a potentiol member looking to join up and had just read this it would pretty much certainly put me off joining...

More like an episode of Brookside! (for those who can remember it?)

Off topic but my friend used to be in brookside hes also married to a lady that used to be in holyoaks. Shes actually on the asda christmas advert at the mo. lol as im typing this shes on tele lol

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Whyte, just wondering if you have managed to send my oil cooler yet ?

Thank you

cooler arrived today
    Last edited by djinuk; 02-01-2013 at 09:33.

International Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

I post my first negative feedback.

I've bought a set of Eibach springs from Whitey146 at the beginning of last December but I still haven't received them. Beginning of January he wrote me that the packet has been returned to him as it was damaged a bit. And so he asked to refund or resend? I asked him to resend it. I still haven't received anything. Since that he is not answering to my e-mails or PMs, and I'm out of the time to raise a claim on PayPal.

I just can not understand. We re talking about 35 pounds...
    It was my first negative experience here.

International Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just received back the money. Thanks for that!

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_GTT View Post
    I've just received back the money. Thanks for that!
    thats good, The club banned Whyte146 for 10 days to get his attention as he had not replied to pm's....

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad it's sorted

Post Thanks / Like

Good that you got your money back and not out of pocket,