Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

whyte146

Bought an exhaust system as he said it was 2 1/4

turned up and its 2"

tried telling me i wouldnt notice the difference

he did say i could send it back and i would be refunded but this way id lose out on postage!

Just be carefull what you buy!

Elliott

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: whyte146

Where exactly did I say that I would not refund postage? You assume too much. Watch what you say, as some of the things you are commenting are liable and will be dealt with as such.

Post Thanks / Like

mate i'm sorry but i dont see where there is a libel issue here?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Also considering the humans G sensors are contained within the inner ear and work on a fluid medium, without a sensor, I suggest it would be difficult to notice the difference between a 2" and 2.25" system. Unless you have a degree in flow dynamics? Surely the flow of an exhaust is not just terminal by volume, but also by the convolutions in it?

Yet again someone moaning, despite the fact I was quite happy to take the exhaust back and fully refund.

Besides the fella has sold it on!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Some young pup stating in writing that he would be out of pocket, when I had clearly stated that I would take the exhaust back! Obviously if I took it back I am liable for the postage costs!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Besides I'm looking for trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol! You sold me a exhaust knowing it wasn't a 2 1/4

You told me you measured it.

Then in another pm you said "fairly sure it's a 2 1/4

I am stating facts with what you have said.

You told me I would be refunded. Yes if u have me back what I paid is still be 15 plus short,

If u was going to give me what I paid plus my postage cost back to you. You could have said. Rather then a short "well send it back then"

Elliott

Post Thanks / Like

TBH, I would be a little upset if I bought an exhaust which was being sold as 2 1/4" but turned out to only be 2"...

And if I sold an item which was mis-labled, then it would be my respnsibility to make sure the person buying the item is not out of pocket, as its my mistake for listing the item wrong!

Only my 2 pence mind

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whyte146 View Post
    Also considering the humans G sensors are contained within the inner ear
    I'm sure the G sensors are elsewhere?

Post Thanks / Like

Also considering the humans G sensors are contained within the inner ear and work on a fluid medium, without a sensor, I suggest it would be difficult to notice the difference between a 2" and 2.25" system. Unless you have a degree in flow dynamics? Surely the flow of an exhaust is not just terminal by volume, but also by the convolutions in it?

Obviously if I took it back I am liable for the postage costs!
    Utterly irrelevant. He wanted a 2.25" exhaust and the one you had for sale was 2". It doesn't matter whether the difference is perceptible or not.

Good on you for offering to refund including the postage, although I'm not sure why it would be obvious that you would pick up the return postage if that wasn't made clear. It's usually the other way round in my experience.

What a waste of everyone's time simply due to a poorly described item. I'd just hold my hand up and say 'my bad' rather than being flippant.

Post Thanks / Like

he didnt offer to pay the return postage? not untill i put this thread up,

now i still have the exhaust as i cant sell it as it never came with a collar to mount it to the downpipe,

Elliott

Post Thanks / Like

Hence why I said I didn't know why he thought it would be obvious purely on the basis of a refund. I'm with you on it.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Romil Davda View Post
    TBH, I would be a little upset if I bought an exhaust which was being sold as 2 1/4" but turned out to only be 2"...

And if I sold an item which was mis-labled, then it would be my respnsibility to make sure the person buying the item is not out of pocket, as its my mistake for listing the item wrong!

Only my 2 pence mind
    Exactly my responsibility to ensure buyer is not out of pocket.

Exhaust collars are readily available, I did not include it as one of the springs was missing and it was misshaped.

It's my human rights to be flippant as there is sweet FA that you lot can do to stop me, unless you are looking for trouble? if so bring it on.

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

there is sweet FA that you lot can do to stop me, unless you are looking for trouble? if so bring it on.

That's the attitude!

You're not going to make many friends like that Darren. Best thing to do is appologise graciously, offer a refund and move on. Simples.

Ross

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slammed 66 View Post
    That's the attitude!

You're not going to make many friends like that Darren. Best thing to do is appologise graciously, offer a refund and move on. Simples.

Ross
    Agree with Ross, you are not going to make friends on here with an attitude like that. Give the chap the full refund including postage apologies and that's the end of the matter. This thread did not need to go the way it has all you needed to do was post an apology and full refund and no one else would have thought anything of it.

Mis-selling and item under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 ring's a bell here

cough cough are you related to raidergtt another one with an attitude like yourself. Just no need for it
    Last edited by James5; 19-12-2012 at 08:58.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James5 View Post
    Agree with Ross, you are not going to make friends on here with an attitude like that. Give the chap the full refund including postage apologies and that's the end of the matter. This thread did not need to go the way it has all you needed to do was post an apology and full refund and no one else would have thought anything of it.

cough cough are you related to raidergtt another one with an attitude like yourself. Just no need for it
    Well pointed out James sale of goods act.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see the festive cheer is rife & abundant on rtoc

Post Thanks / Like

It's my human rights to be flippant as there is sweet FA that you lot can do to stop me, unless you are looking for trouble? if so bring it on.
    When I read this I laughed out loud first, then I shook my head, then in all honesty I was quite sad.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slammed 66 View Post
    That's the attitude!

Ross
    I agree, and that's what I did offer. What gets my back up is that this person then decides to sell it someone else and bad mouth me.

I had offered a full refund, obviously it is my responsibility to pay return postage.

Then other people put their comments on, which has nothing to do with them, they don't know me. I am not getting tarred with the same brush as other people, and I will fight my corner, physically if needs be. I am not getting bad mouthed period. If people don't like what I say, don't read the thread and DON'T comment.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James5 View Post

Sale of goods act? Would be apparent IF I HAD NOT OFFERED A REFUND.

No need for you to put your nose in, no I am not related to anyone on here thanks.

If you don't like what I say, tough, the thread refers to me, so I will comment as I see fit, you don't know me, so keep out.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, and that's what I did offer. What gets my back up is that this person then decides to sell it someone else and bad mouth me.

I had offered a full refund, obviously it is my responsibility to pay return postage.

Then other people put their comments on, which has nothing to do with them, they don't know me. I am not getting tarred with the same brush as other people, and I will fight my corner, physically if needs be. I am not getting bad mouthed period. If people don't like what I say, don't read the thread and DON'T comment.

I would just like to point out your comments are being watched!!

The statement of "and I will fight my corner, physically if needs be", could be taken as a threat of violence which could see you banned from RTOC!!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my days, did I say I was threatening you? No, if I was threatening you the comment would be directed at you. I don't know you, why would I threaten you?

Im merely commenting, if someone came up to me, bad mouthing, I would defend myself. I think some people are trying to be rent-a-cops and jumping on the bad wagon.

Ban me if you want, if you think that will help. I don't care, I enjoy my R5 and will continue to do so with or without the forum.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I do, they have a difficult job. Much respect to them, personally I think they should carry a side arm.

Try resisting arrest with a glock 17 stuffed in your face.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Good to see the festive cheer is rife & abundant on rtoc
    More Rtoc gold..........

Post Thanks / Like

Well I wouldn't be naughty enough to have a glock into face or resist arrest. I'm not an idiot I'm on a wind up and turning the key and must I add my morning is now a happy one.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rs250nut View Post
    More Rtoc gold..........
    Agreed. Impeccable timing from Mart.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
    Agreed. Impeccable timing from Mart.
    As always

Post Thanks / Like

Try resisting arrest with a glock 17 stuffed in your face.
    Brilliant. Let's arm more of the police to make their job of when to use them even harder whilst increasing the number of De Menezes tragedies.

Nobody here knows you, you're right there but we are all getting the impression that you're a very angry man.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not angry sir, just been disrespected. So naturally my hackles are up

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post

Nobody here knows you, you're right there but we are all getting the impression that you're a very angry little boy.
    Fixed it for you.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I wrote in to Sir Jimmy, but he never replied.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

He fixed it for me when I was 8 to milk a cow blindfolded

Post Thanks / Like

He fixed it for me when I was 8 to milk a cow blindfolded
    Russle Howard show had that on last night lol

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't sold it on I said I was going to.

You said " well send it back then"

This clearly shows you was going to pay the return postage?

I haven't bad mouthed you atall? All I have done is told the truth?

Post Thanks / Like

Confine this to pm's and make the committee aware. Bickering

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is all a bit silly and unfortunate.

gardner51 hasn't sold the exhaust - good that means it can be sent back. I think you should pack it up and send it back to Whyte146.

Whyte146 - you should refund like you've offered plus the cost of the postage as you have obviously described the item incorrectly. Please take time to make sure anything you sell on here is as it's described, see RTOC classifieds rules.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Stuff like this could be dealt with by either PM's or phone calls, there's no need to put it all over the club.

I know first hand how this can affect people's reputation and people get the wrong end of the stick and before you know it it's well out of hand.

Non-member Matt@CodeRedMotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So what your saying is there is no need for a positive/negative feedback section?
    Bollox to that! I want to know if someone is a lying Cnut before I part with my hard earned cash for anything!!! Much like eBay, members should display negative/positive points to see how trustworthy they are.

Or...... Simply have NO classifieds section at all.... Then see how many members register to the forum, it would be like a phucking ghost town on here.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I think everything should be sold on eBay. At least then your slightly protected and can view feedback.

Advertise what your selling on here but use eBay with a buy it now to sell it. Then everybody is happy.

Simples and saves all the agg for everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

eBay is just as bad.... If we did that the eBay fees make them even more money.

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I think everything should be sold on eBay. At least then your slightly protected and can view feedback.

Advertise what your selling on here but use eBay with a buy it now to sell it. Then everybody is happy.

Simples and saves all the agg for everyone.

Has been mentioned a few times, end of the day rtoc has a classifieds, helps get members to join the club/stay in the club... So pro's and cons...

We have rules in place to try and protect members, but as with a lot of Internet buying its a case of buyer beware....

Post Thanks / Like

Your one of the first people to point a finger (Matt) after being told half a story and jumping to conclusions, see there you go on your high horse again...

What I am trying to say is people who make a genuine mistake when selling something get made out to be lying cnuts and scammers by people like yourself when it's plastered all over the club.

You'd think you were the only one who went out and made an honest living and bought second hand goods...

I totally agree about the positive and negative feedback but lets get all the facts right first.

Post Thanks / Like

Bloody right! And a very high horse it is too.

This is just trolling now, such a shame.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I dont think anyone should post other than the person's concerned in the sale... They all turn into this, which quite frankly is a joke..

SO basically, keep your thought/comments to yourselfs unless your involved! Simple.

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is my high horse

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn!

That is high!

Post Thanks / Like