Post Thanks / Like

Turbo rebuilding company's around Essex?

Hello as above, my turbo is on the way out, oil seals giving way, I've been told cr turbos or universal are pretty good, anyone had theres done recently? It's a t25 with .47 rear i think. and t3 actuator and curuios on what kind of wedge it would be for a complete overhaul?? And looking at a -34 actuator as the t3 one is pretty w&£k now, dosnt really cope with anything above 12psi and looking to run around 18-22 of boost now the lump is run in. Anyone care to comment on a positive-ish note? thanks

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turbo rebuilding company's around Essex?

Essex Turbos in Witham mate. Not used them but been told they're good

Post Thanks / Like

Midland turbo quoted me £180 standard rebuild seals and all.. Extra if damaged.. Quite happy with that for my t25

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A few people, one who used to use Universal, have recently recommended CR Turbos.

I have no personal experience of CR. Universal did my last one but that was probably 6 years ago, as was a bit more expensive that expected.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been told by a lot of people Inc my bro in law who ain't a car nut at all, to avoid Essex turbos.lol highly priced and don't really like doing customized turbos, bb tuning and torsion tuning used universals in the day also, just after advice and prices, I'll let it run and if I get anymore replies on this, thank for yr input so far people

Post Thanks / Like

what about www.turbodevelopments.co.uk we have used them for a good 15 years now.

Post Thanks / Like

Can of worms this one .....
    I've used a few over the years and got conflicting results from others both ways
    I've had positive results from Turbo developments ( adamL ) and BW turbos ( Blunty's contact but gone awol )
    I've also had my pants pulled down and increased tuning costs from respected outfits recommended by trusted knowledgeable members .

If at all possible I'd try and DIY with the exception of balancing ( you can send off wheels for just this ) I can feck it up just as good as many of the pros but it costs me less

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard a lot of bad press on bw turbos and they are not a proper company.
    Many have used turbo developments and rate them myself included.

Post Thanks / Like

There you go

Post Thanks / Like

Turbo developments mate

Post Thanks / Like

I have just had my t28 rebuilt amazing work hrs done .turbo rebuild .co.uk amzing service also ask for danny prices are very good also

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by w35ty View Post
    Turbo developments mate

bang on ! adam is very helpful cant recomend enough

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I'd look at y ur turbo has failed, can't get more than 12 psi with a t3 actuator? Sound like a boost leak, which may also be the cause of your turbo failing. Worth checking before screwing a new one.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok tony, what possible causes could there be? I'm not too clued up on turbos,etc
    We tried on the road setting it up at the time, and the actuator couldn't hold it, 12 is as good as it gets, it's knackered, -34 is what ive been advised on what to get, and the turbo unit itself needs rebuilding as its got worse over the time gradually.smoke wise anyway. and the engine is new everything, and just run in about 200miles ago.I'm lost and just asking people's views on how to sort it pretty much,

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    yeah i heard a few people are doing a raider gtt and using renault turbo owners as punters for there del boy deals..

once upon a time we protected members from these underpants skids, but they have worked there way into the club and finger us behind the scenes.. i really wish these spunk socks would move on to hondas or something..

Post Thanks / Like

BW have just refurbed my t28 with some custom goodies for a hefty sum. The quality and workmanship is impeccable, you'll have to follow my threads on Renault turbo owners to monitor how good this turbo really is. As far as them not being a proper company? They're limited and have a VAT number, so are you saying I've been illegally duped???

Post Thanks / Like

Implication being it's a guy in his shed rather than a larger outfit but .....You'd be suprised how much stuff gets done in bloke's sheds for proper companies
    Doesn't mean they aren't professional .
    I worked for 2 decades out of my shed for more Bluechip companies than you could shake a stick at

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    Implication being it's a guy in his shed rather than a larger outfit but .....You'd be suprised how much stuff gets done in bloke's sheds for proper companies
    I worked for 2 decades out of my shed for more Bluechip companies than you could shake a stick at
    Thanks. I did my research and only heard good things about BW (small outfit=niche quality) and decided to go with them. The custom billet comp wheel was certainly a selling point. My train of thinking was not to give it to a big company and have some trainee youth hitting it with a hammer on a work bench for probably the same money (a custom comp wheel is probabaly 200+ from them too).

This "bad press" could harm bernies buisness, it will be interesting to see if anyone will provide any info to corroborate said "bad press." Or is it a load of hot air.........................................again. I for one will be using the man in the shed again, (because he actually knows what hes doing and cares).

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I used cr turbos for my rebuild (Rover tomcat t25). Cost around £400 but the service was great and the guys new what they were talking about. They will pick the turbo up (via courier) but you got to pay for the return postage.

I had to replace the actuator when the turbo was returned as the stupid arm broke that holds the wastegate shut! Also, I think your'll need a bleed value ir such to get 15psi +.

I have heard very good things about the company Adam works for, turbo Developments. Good luck and let us know who or where you go and how much you spend?

Post Thanks / Like

I've just spoken to CR Turbos and they have advised they maybe able to give us a club discount...

I will send Chris (Penfold) an email and ask him to contact CR Turbo's to sort this out, somethings better than nothing right!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Romil Davda View Post
    I've just spoken to CR Turbos and they have advised they maybe able to give us a club discount...

I will send Chris (Penfold) an email and ask him to contact CR Turbo's to sort this out, somethings better than nothing right!
    yep deffinatley, if somewhere is willing to help us out allways a +

Replying to a few previous comments further up the page, it doesnt matter how small or big a company is its the person and experience that counts. You can get a big company that has a brilliant team and knowledge.. good prducts produced. But it only takes 1 person with no will to work and put out bad jobs. Also you can bodgers in small workshops with poor tools etc doing shabby work. Or you can get a small workshop with small overheads and all the tools putting out very good work. It all varies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dave View Post
    yeah i heard a few people are doing a raider gtt and using renault turbo owners as punters for there del boy deals..

once upon a time we protected members from these underpants skids, but they have worked there way into the club and finger us behind the scenes.. i really wish these spunk socks would move on to hondas or something..
    Hi Dave thanks for the info. I'm one of the "punters" you described. So in your opinion I've been a victim of a "del boy deal" on Renault turbo owners? I've had a t28 refurbed by BW and the Nodiz kit off mtech motorsport, and both were deals on that FB page, am I right in reading your post that you say there are con men operating on that page? TBH I'm quite concerned as I've handed out my bank details to said companies.

So in you opinion who are these bad del boy/raidergtt people I should be aware of matey?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red October View Post
    Hi Dave thanks for the info. I'm one of the "punters" you described. So in your opinion I've been a victim of a "del boy deal" on Renault turbo owners? I've had a t28 refurbed by BW and the Nodiz kit off mtech motorsport, and both were deals on that FB page, am I right in reading your post that you say there are con men operating on that page? TBH I'm quite concerned as I've handed out my bank details to said companies.

So in you opinion who are these bad del boy/raidergtt people I should be aware of matey?
    what he may be talking about is the old bw turbo's did some work, a few turbo's failed for whatever reason, could of been driver error or other issues, but it went quiete on the bw turbo side of things?

Post Thanks / Like

I've had no dealings with This Facebook page but have heard of issues with BW turbo but the people with them didn't bring them up on the club.

I've had dealings with Turbo Dynamics/ Turbo Technics and Turbo Developments. With all of them I have received great service. If I was ever to need a rebuild a again I would use Turbo Developments due to them being close enough for me to go in and chat about stuff and there no bull**** approach .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    i miss my old shed ....many a day and night spent there rebuilding renault stuff with club members ..

hay ho onwards and fowards . ive got two garages now. just need to get arse in gear and get sorted

Post Thanks / Like

I see what your both saying. With all this choice we are spoilt.

Your right in using local businesses for ease and I suppose a face to face service for tech and help is a big bonus. I used BW because looking at it from a R5 enthusiasts point of view the car is ancient and innovation and diversity are the most important things about our cars and club to bring them on, under research i found BWs work on up to date custom mods and techniques quite impressive. That's why I chose them, to try something different and not follow the crowd as it were, and also have a bad ass turbo on my car

I can honestly say with all companies mentioned when researching positive topics they are in abundance, finding articles relating to negative are at a minimum.

Also I'm no being falsely nice about BW, incase BW staff are reading this and are preparing to rape my bank account lol

Post Thanks / Like

Bw are not being accused of fraud. What I was heard about them I will not repeat as its not my place to pass on hear say. But I posted I have heard of issues so that anyone who chooses to use them can execute their own caution. I personally can't find any info online on them.

Post Thanks / Like

Bw are not being accused of fraud. What I was heard about them I will not repeat as its not my place to pass on hear say. But I posted I have heard of issues so that anyone who chooses to use them can execute their own caution. I personally can't find any info online on them.
    I heard they were the dogs! Someone's got to be right eh? Lol. The info I acquired was via the many ford turbo forums of testimonials of customers with big fast spool blowers.

You won't find anything about BW directly as everyone knows he lives in a shed with no internet.

Post Thanks / Like

In which case I'm sure he is epic and I will put what I heard down to hear say.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok,lol thanks for all of your input people.