Post Thanks / Like

Taking Dashboard out

Okay need to replace the dashboard loom on my brothers 11 Turbo. But need to take the dashboard out. How easy is this to do???? It's been a while and can't think where its attached to the car and what needs removing in the process.
    Hopefully somebody out there will know??

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Taking Dashboard out

Been a while since I removed mine,but here goes!Undo the 4 retaining clips for the black plastic pannel ,above the instrument pannel,(best way I'v found is to stick a flat screwdriver up there and gently twist until it unclips) once removed ,unplug intrument pannel and switches.Remove centre consol,there are 4 screws holding it on,2 in under the gear stick rubber and 2 in the footwell area,(need to disconect stereo,cigarett lighter plugs etc...,remove the s/column plastic shroud and s/wheel,you will also need to disconect the H/light adjustment knob and choke ,unplug the fuse board as required, and then you've got 2 white plastic clips ,each end of the dash,above the speakers ,which you need to press to release,then you need to push the dash up and towards the front of the car to remove it at the top.
    I hope this gives a rough idea,I'm sure there bits i've missed out!
    good luck