Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Any bikers on here

The drama with the clio is on going. Now have a deisel oil feed pipe so will see if fits.

But decided to bring the kawaka back out to play. ... . The drama seems to continue. ... fi light was on.... exhaust power valve seized along with the motor ..... so an akrapovic exhaust and new motor going on. Not ideal before Xmas

Anyone else ride on here! ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any bikers on here

Used to till I had kiddies. My gsxr1000 used to bring up the sane fault and the valve was already removed. I just disconnected the battery and plumbed it back in and it sorted itself. Anyways sod riding in this weather!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've got an old BSA B50, though I've not ridden it for years and getting a little long in the tooth for it as well.

Post Thanks / Like

had a field bike when i was 7. Was racing kx60's at 9, and went up through the classes. Got pretty competitive in the 85cc classes but had a bad break on my femur when i was 15 - landed me 6weeks in hospital strapped to a bed in traction, didnt walk for a year. Started riding again when i was 17, then when i was 18 broke my tib and fib, putting both bones out the skin, another stay in the hospital.

Have a r6 now and done a few trackdays on it. Do enjoy taking it out on a sunday and getting my knee down

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Currently rebuilding a BSA C15 Star. 250cc

Just had the frame powder coated. It's a side project after my 5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
    Currently rebuilding a BSA C15 Star. 250cc

Just had the frame powder coated. It's a side project after my 5
    Bit older than mine, I'm sure you don't need any help but here is a link http://www.bsa-c15.org.uk/

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolio View Post
    Bit older than mine, I'm sure you don't need any help but here is a link http://www.bsa-c15.org.uk/
    Thanks mate, in all honesty that website has been my
    Bible for the project. Mine is a 1959. One of the first I believe.

It's odd that its easier and cheaper to get parts for BSA than it is Renault!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex barker View Post
    Used to till I had kiddies. My gsxr1000 used to bring up the sane fault and the valve was already removed. I just disconnected the battery and plumbed it back in and it sorted itself. Anyways sod riding in this weather!!!
    The kwaka had the fault before that was crank sensor iirc.

Fingers crossed light will go out when it's all fitted. Comes with blanking rotator thing so should be sorted.

A fair few riders then. Lol the 636 is my first bike.

Sorted out the garage so it lives in a padded. Floor painted place with a gas heater

Not got knee down yet. ...

Post Thanks / Like

636 b1h?? My first bike also and I would have another anyday of the week ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TopCat View Post

It's odd that its easier and cheaper to get parts for BSA than it is Renault!
    Years and years of old duffers sourcing, hoarding and remaking stuff. Many more collectors out there than the little tin box? But yes you're right.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex barker View Post
    636 b1h?? My first bike also and I would have another anyday of the week ;-)
    Get another you know it's worth it.

Mines the 636 c1f. 55 reg. 2006 bike. Slipper clutch, wavey disks etc. Got her with 3800 miles 2 years ago now she's on almost 18k.

http://m1324.photobucket.com/albumvi...l?o=0&newest=1

Fork seals went last year. This year , new clutch plates, crank sensor. Pads all round. Sprockets and new chain DID 420. 2 oil changes air filter and new plugs and new tyres Mich 2ct. Also got a rear hugger.

Not bloody cheap so far. .... anyone go to NEC bike show? ? Was there last year cracking deal on my rst 2 pc leathers
    Last edited by westytce; 02-12-2012 at 17:01.

Post Thanks / Like

Used to love mi motocross,you can't beat ringing a highly strung 125s neck.Only road bike I had was a rdlc 125.My mate who's 39 has just got into racing motocross,makes me think its never too late.
    Last edited by casper; 02-12-2012 at 16:57. Reason: wrong

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm currently toying with staying on the bike to commute to work or throw the towel in, park it up for winter and start using the car. Seems a little early to me and would be a bit of a lightweight if I do

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
    I'm currently toying with staying on the bike to commute to work or throw the towel in, park it up for winter and start using the car. Seems a little early to me and would be a bit of a lightweight if I do
    Bike is perfect for commuting. ... wear some thermals... job done. ...

I never had 125 I thought if I get used to a smaller engine I'll end up trying to ride the 600 like that and that'll end me up in a ditch and ultimately in the clouds with the big man himself.

Post Thanks / Like

i've got a gsxr600, awesome little weekend (dry) toy, trouble is on a nice summers day the bike just nudges over the 5, cos i know i can go fast twice in the same day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markey b View Post
    i've got a gsxr600, awesome little weekend (dry) toy, trouble is on a nice summers day the bike just nudges over the 5, cos i know i can go fast twice in the same day
    Your 5 must be rapid!! I've seen standard 600's (gsxr's/zx6r's ect) run 11's all day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westytce View Post

Not got knee down yet. ...
    first day

that was right knee anyways, left is a little more tricky

Post Thanks / Like

first day

that was right knee anyways, left is a little more tricky
    yer i had my right knee down in 4hours - left took a little longer, have to find a long left hand corner. Or a closed roundabout? LOL

Post Thanks / Like

4 hours! Bloody hell lol. I'd never ridden a geared bike before my cbt earlier this year, so though that the afternoon of my first day wasn't too bad lol. Left knee I'm a few cm away, but it involves coming off the a14 roundabout at westley towards bury at 90mph, I had 5 attempts and gave up and learnt to wheelie instead lol

When the sun is out u'll have to come out for a rip as there are loads of us this way :-)

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you seend the pic of Rossi with his knee and elbow down. .....

I don't want to drop it so never really gone balls out to get my knee down. I shift over on seat throw knee out and pull on bar. I'm only 5.7" so kwaka is not a small*one to ride. * Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

4 hours! Bloody hell lol. I'd never ridden a geared bike before my cbt earlier this year, so though that the afternoon of my first day wasn't too bad lol. Left knee I'm a few cm away, but it involves coming off the a14 roundabout at westley towards bury at 90mph, I had 5 attempts and gave up and learnt to wheelie instead lol

When the sun is out u'll have to come out for a rip as there are loads of us this way :-)
    yer but mark i have been riding mx since i was 7 so had abit of a head start, a day is really good going mate! Yer in summer il come down for a rip.

I used to race mx with bradley smith and gino rea, and some elbow down pics they post are crazy. Theres a vid on you tube of some guy corner and puting his head down lol search it!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got bike back with akrapovic on.....
    Last edited by westytce; 07-12-2012 at 18:59.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

http://m1324.photobucket.com/albumvi...l?o=0&newest=1

Trying to get pic up of the akrapovic exhaust put phone doesn't want to comply. ... anyway sound great. Pops and sounds beefy. ... nice.