Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

B18FT upgrades

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

----- This thread is on behalf of a friend of mine , copied and pasted as it was sent to me through an email -----

Hello there guys,

I've got a 5gtt with a b18ft conversion running on std turbo, std injectors, richmod ECU, 13psi boost and fmic.

I've recently bought a Saab T25, a GTX camshaft and am also planning on buying some Saab red tops injectors.

Basically question is, what should I'd be doing to correct the fueling once I install these parts and increase the boost ?

I've searched a lot on the forum and read about some 'bypass' and MAF settings... could some one explain to me in some detail please ?

To my understanding the 'bypass' is simply a hole in the intake after the MAF to account for extra fuel, but how big ? and where should I put it ?

And how do you set the MAF ? Is it as simple as turning the screw clockwise for a richer mixture and anti-clockwise for leaner ? While reading on other posts you talk about setting the MAF at a particular resistance... how do you read that ?

Below are a couple of photos of my 5....

(sorry for the dirty engine bay photo, it was taken just aftering finishing some work that took 2 months to complete hahaha... and sat without a bonnet in a very dusty garage)

Thanks for your help,

David from sunny Malta

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: B18FT upgrades

Firstly, get him to join up as afterall that's what keeps the club going. Members get more detailed responses.
    The bypass hole wants to be at the back of that metal bend by the strut brace, the size is different for different setup's but around 35mm.
    The resistance of the afm is measured in ohms across pins 1 and 6, yes clockwise (increase in ohms is more fuel at idle) but again depends on setup.
    For both an afr gauge is ideally needed to get it correct, although when using the std ecu it will never be perfect.
    Also is the car running? Just where does the vac pipe from the throttle go? The vac pipe on the left of the inlet looks like it goes to the return from the fuel reg? And where does the fuel reg reference pipe go to?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: B18FT upgrades

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Haz View Post
    Firstly, get him to join up as afterall that's what keeps the club going. Members get more detailed responses.
    The bypass hole wants to be at the back of that metal bend by the strut brace, the size is different for different setup's but around 35mm.
    The resistance of the afm is measured in ohms across pins 1 and 6, yes clockwise (increase in ohms is more fuel at idle) but again depends on setup.
    For both an afr gauge is ideally needed to get it correct, although when using the std ecu it will never be perfect.
    Also is the car running? Just where does the vac pipe from the throttle go? The vac pipe on the left of the inlet looks like it goes to the return from the fuel reg? And where does the fuel reg reference pipe go to?

The blue vac pipe from the throttle goes to the icv and the 2 x vac pipes on the left go to the ignition ecu and fuel reg. What do you mean by 'fuel reg reference pipe' ? The reg has 2 connectors, one for the fuel line and the other for vac. The vac is connected to the inlet and the fuel line back to the tank.

Yes it is running. I know standalone would be better but have no funds at the moment cos I'm still a student. Ohh and yes I will be joining very soon, as I have to sort my c/card and paypal first. I actually used to be a member but my login has expired.