Post Thanks / Like

Zeitronix zt-2 and adaptronic e420c hook up

I've finally got round to making my engine loom for my EFI conversion and will be test fitting everything into my shell prior to paint so i can add brackets and cable penetrations where required.

Can anybody shed some light on the best way of utilising the Zt-2 wideband sensor and E420c ecu?

Has anybody used the 2 together and can you provide any feedback or even a schematic of hook up?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zeitronix zt-2 and adaptronic e420c hook up

With a bit of luck your wideband gauge will have a 0-5v output wire for use with data loggers/ecu's. if so it's just a simple case of connecting that wire to the corresponding wire in the ecu loom and then selecting the correct zeitronix model in the ecu.

I did the same with my aem wideband it took longer to figure out what wires I needed to use than it did to wire up.

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zeitronix zt-2 and adaptronic e420c hook up

Both AEM and Zeitronix have an RS232 output too, so you have a choice of analogue or serial connections. The ECU supports it either way you like.

If you want to keep it simple with analogue then the output from the Zt-2 needs to go in the "spare" input on the ECU, then tell the ECU there is a Zeitronix connected to it. Beware though, Zeitronix changed their scaling a while back so depending on the model it'll either calibrate or it wont. If the AFR values via the ECU look very different to the Zeitronix display then select "UEGO 0-5v" instead, it seems pretty close in those cases.