Post Thanks / Like

C R turbos

As above has anyone ever had any dealings with cr turbos ie ever had a turbo rebuild done or bought a turbo from them as they seem to know what there talking about with the mods I need to do to my turbo and are shaw I will see a good bhp gain by modding my vnt any thoughts or comments would be great.

Cheers Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Re: C R turbos

I got a t2/t25 off them,bit of an issue with them not wanting to supply it with an adjustable actuator but apart from that I'm happy with the turbo,seems strong for a little un.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a hybrid rebuild from them, cost about £550 2 years ago, good turbo, but for about £650 - £700 you can get some pretty good roller bearing variants from Turbo Dynamics at the moment as they have a sale on.

Last edited by TNT ANDY; 21-11-2012 at 06:48. Reason: poor speeling rectified - grammers not to hot either

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT ANDY View Post
    I got a hybrid rebuild from them, cost about £550 2 years ago, good turbo, but for about £650 - £700 you can get some pretty good roller bearing variants from Turbo Dynamics at the moment as they have a sale on.

I spotted that too in my search for a new interesting turbo Andy. They had the big gt2871 and a surprisingly good price.

Phill have they said they can mod your present turbo or having a fresh one?

Post Thanks / Like

I had my Rover Tomcat t25 rebuilt by theses guys... Yes a little pricey but they knew what they were talking about. Had no issues with the turbo up to now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Logg View Post
    I spotted that too in my search for a new interesting turbo Andy. They had the big gt2871 and a surprisingly good price.

Phill have they said they can mod your present turbo or having a fresh one?
    they have told me they can mod my existing vnt turb to make it flow more air and they have also told me that i will indeed see a good gain in bhp. my current vnt is a gt2256v which is a 22mm rear turbine wheel and a 56mm front comp wheel. What they have told me is there is no need to go bigger on the front comp housing as i will then start gaining lag even with a ported shroud which is the reason why i have this turbo for minimal lag but to make good power what they have offered me is a new 25mm rear wheel and a 60mm front wheel new 360 thrust bearing all machining work to housings and rebuild it for £495+vat unless i go there and do a cash deal will take about a week and they think i could make up to 40-60 bhp gain with these new wheels over the ones that are in there

Post Thanks / Like

That's sounds positive mate.

By the sound of it and with a google search your turbo is the vnt alternative to my turbo and what they're doing it upgrading it to gt2259 wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

Phil, would you not be better off selling your vnt and picking up a t28(rs)? - I think

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Romil Davda View Post
    Phil, would you not be better off selling your vnt and picking up a t28(rs)? - I think

why's that mate

Post Thanks / Like

1 - I want a vnt
    2 - I assume it was more power you were looking for... If so, would the t28 I quoted not put out 300 horses+.

I didnt know if going t28 would be a cheaper option and save you fooking around with the vnt.

Post Thanks / Like

1 - I want a vnt
    2 - I assume it was more power you were looking for... If so, would the t28 I quoted not put out 300 horses+.

I didnt know if going t28 would be a cheaper option and save you fooking around with the vnt.

i know what your saying but the reason im going down this route is cause i wanna make big power with hardly any lag

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1 - I want a vnt

Romil, Phil want's to keep with the VNT and I can see why the VNT has minimal if no lag can spool low rev range and yet still capable of big power high in the rev range. Were as the GT28rs I think it is you mean will not spool until mid / mid high rev range ok its roller bearing so will spool a little quicker but on a C1J with all the work Phil has had done even then will still be laggy ok it may eventually get going and it may give him his bhp number's he want's. But the he want's the to maintain early spool and constant pull so a nice road going 5 that can shift when foot down and not put foot down wait a bit and the go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JTEC View Post
    Romil, Phil want's to keep with the VNT and I can see why the VNT has minimal if no lag can spool low rev range and yet still capable of big power high in the rev range. Were as the GT28rs I think it is you mean will not spool until mid / mid high rev range ok its roller bearing so will spool a little quicker but on a C1J with all the work Phil has had done even then will still be laggy ok it may eventually get going and it may give him his bhp number's he want's. But the he want's the to maintain early spool and constant pull so a nice road going 5 that can shift when foot down and not put foot down wait a bit and the go.

Correct 1 gold star for that boy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by philr5t View Post
    i know what your saying but the reason im going down this route is cause i wanna make big power with hardly any lag
    I shut my mouth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by philr5t View Post
    they have told me they can mod my existing vnt turb to make it flow more air and they have also told me that i will indeed see a good gain in bhp. my current vnt is a gt2256v which is a 22mm rear turbine wheel and a 56mm front comp wheel. What they have told me is there is no need to go bigger on the front comp housing as i will then start gaining lag even with a ported shroud which is the reason why i have this turbo for minimal lag but to make good power what they have offered me is a new 25mm rear wheel and a 60mm front wheel new 360 thrust bearing all machining work to housings and rebuild it for £495+vat unless i go there and do a cash deal will take about a week and they think i could make up to 40-60 bhp gain with these new wheels over the ones that are in there
    500 notes for a rebuild++ on a VNT, if you can set it up ok it's a no brainer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT ANDY View Post
    500 notes for a rebuild++ on a VNT, if you can set it up ok it's a no brainer.
    That's what I was thinking Andy I paid a bit for it new a couple of years ago now cost a grand in total with the downpipe so I think it is worth the money if I see the power I want

Post Thanks / Like

Phil you know I like my Van turbo's. Well after a search I've found that a Iveco 3.0 2005 ran a GT2260V has an normal T2 foot print. Going with the part numbers this will have the same size rear wheel but a bigger compressor.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Iveco-Dail...bb3598f&_uhb=1

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

whats so great about van turbo`s???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r5_scotty View Post
    whats so great about van turbo`s???
    Nothing much just the local lads laugh at me running a turbo off a van.

Phil said the other day that he needs a bigger compressor so if his turbo is GT2256v this could be the next step up.

Post Thanks / Like

dosnt the nissan cabstar with the 3l engine have a nice size vnt?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm terrible I even googled that Gary. GT2360v

More googleing has shown that the Iveco version has a small inducer compared to the BMW one. but the BMW has a funcky foot print so wont fit a gtt manifold. The daddy of this size of VNT appears to be a GTB2260VK from a Audi but that's a real odd looking turbo.

By the look of things if your sure your turbo is a 2256 the 2260 would be a upgrade but by how much of an upgrade who knows.

Just don't like people/company's charging over the odds for things that are off the shelf. thank god for google and ebay.

Good luck with CR turbo's mate sorry I can't spot anything for a cheap upgrade for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the one off the cabstar bigger then logg matey? May look into one

Post Thanks / Like

1 - I want a vnt

If only someone with a name like RandyHond was selling a VNT in the classified ...