Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

boost gauge

i used to have my boost gauge plumbed in to the carb base.

i then changed it to carb top.

have since put it back to carb base and now it is not reading vac on idle. any one got any ideas what could cause this? thanks

alot just got another mot for the year sweeeeet

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: boost gauge

could any1 shed any light on this? as im thinking maybe theres a leak somewhere and dont really want to keep driving it if there is. cheers

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

i managed to get the boost gauge to read vac again.

i have had to have a bit of a change around of the vac pipes as ive had to put my standard actuator back on as my cossie actuator diaphgram has split.

now ive plumbed my boost gauge in to where the standard one goes. should i see vac on this line? as the gauge is not reading any.

also what way should i adjust the actuator for less boost? as i cant remember at all. and cannot find anything on the search.

as the car is boosting way to much and i think ive got a bad leak. unless i am doing the actuator the wrong way.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Lengthen the rod to decrease boost.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah i have been. hmm so there must be a leak unless the actuator is fubared... because its boosting wayyyy to much

any idea if i should see vac on my boost gauge if ive plumbed it into the standard boost gauge position? as if youre suppoused to pretty sure that would mean i must have a boost leak.

cheers

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

sos to keep going on people lol.

but i cannot get my car to boost under a bar for nothing. i must have a leak but i cannot see or hear anything really could do with some help on this one.

annoying the hell outa me almost on the way to getting rid driving me mad. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Definately sounds like a boost leak in the vac pipes somewhere, you should get some reading on the oe vac pipe line, if you don't then this pipe is either split or blocked up.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

the car seems ok now changed a few things around and it seems to be going alot better. running 14psi carb base. im gana plumb my boost gauge into where the oe boost gauge goes to see what it reads there.

also if i do this and i dont get a vac reading where possibley could the leak be?

as im getting a vac reading carb base

cheers

Post Thanks / Like

You won't get a vac reading if your taking the boost reading from the standard position ontop of the carb.