Post Thanks / Like

How do i turn the amp on via Pioneer Car Stereo

Hi all,
    I have a Pioneer Head Set that has 2 pre outs.. Front & Rear
    On the stereo face i can see words like "LOUD" & "Local" "SUB" etc which individually light up when in use, ie If i turn Loud on, "Loud" glows red.

Ive wired an amp and tube up that i know to work, gounded ok and power going through to the amp which lights on etc, wired my tube up today to another stereo and it works fine. Im 99.9% its not the amp wiring (unless the brand new RCA cables are dodgey).

My question is, how the hell do i turn the Output to the Amp on via the HeadSet?
    Ive looked at the Manual and can see nothing about it
    http://docs.pioneer.eu/Manuals/DEH_P...RD3941_manual/

My old stereo had a sub button on the front so that i could press to disable/enable Omni pre outs instead of having a switch.. This has nothing and isnt mentioned in the Manual..

Baffed!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do i turn the amp on via Pioneer Car Stereo

Sorry if its a stupid question but you have connected the amp trigger lead from your headunit ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post
    Sorry if its a stupid question but you have connected the amp trigger lead from your headunit ?
    Remote lead? yea..
    From the blue lead on the back of the set to remote on the Amp

I see the Amp go on when i turn the ignition & stereo on..
    All lights on the amp come on at that stage and go off if i turnt the stereo off whilst engine is running.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a guess. Are you running speakers off the internal headunit amp and the sub from the preouts. Pretty sure some units will only drive one or the other. Also how you got the leads connected to front / rear or both preouts. Have you got the wiring diagram, doesn't seem to be in the link you posted. Can't be much wrong with it

Post Thanks / Like

Yea im running all 4 quaters from the rear of the headunit along with trying both F&R Phono pre-outs..
    Im pretty sure on most stereos you can use all 4 quaters & pre outs at the same time..
    There isnt any labelling on the back to say which is which as sometimes there is preout & Sub-W but ive tried wiring to both with no joy..

My old stereo im sure had a button on the face panel to turn pre out or Subs on/off and adjust bass/treble sound level on Subs,
    On this one i just cant see how to actually switch it on

On this PIcture, youll see the letters FIE highlighted "Red", beside that on the Right is "Sub" with a Speaker which i think i need to turn on..
    http://www.pioneer.eu/images/product...dehp5700mp.jpg

Might just sell this and get another one that has a better manual LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Replaced all cables and stereo, works fine.
    Not sure what bit was the problem So gave the old bits to my brother to try.
    At least I have some sound!
    Bolted to MDF under the boot carpet..
    So secure it'd take an hour to unbolt it all..