Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: renault trafic t1000 (pic heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by Haz View Post
    Regards the costs, I'll be informed once forensics have been so will pick it up that day, its only 20miles or so away. The t1000's tend to fetch £1000 ish for one as tidy as this/was if you can find one, most are blue and rot boxes. I was hoping to ask around 2k once it was all pimped up

Post Thanks / Like

I am genuinely gutted by this. Was hoping to see a true sleeper

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

At least it's been found though

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the van back, picked it up last week. It seems it was driven until it ran out of juice and pushed onto an estate. I presume it was just kids as they left a chewed up screwdriver and scissors in the footwell. They have tried using either directly into the drivers and side door locks, rather the usual way but not ruined them as dropped the drivers glass off the dodgy runners. They have tried the ignition barrel the same way then ripped off the cowling and chopped the wires, broken the steering lock but column still feels true.
    Vin plates are still on, so no idea what the police found? As we're the reg plates, and the new front one that was in the footwell. Jump leads, tyre inflator and stereo still in it but gear knob is missing and the boost gauge and pod have been ripped off the dash, a speaker grille broken when pulled off but tacho there though, and the 1kg fire extingusher gone.
    Side door is fine but they have thrown a rock through each back window, there wasnt any glass on my drive so assume that was done after they finished with it. It looks like its been through a field with mud on the tyres, and up an embankment as there's mud/grass on the front of the subframe which normally has good clearance. Bonnet stay is bent so assume they have been under there but nothing missing and runs as it did.
    To get it on the road quicker I have fitted some white lexan instead of rear windows, unfortunately the local supplier didnt have clear, and I've cleared some space to store in the garage until I get round to sourcing and fitting the required bits after the festivities.
    Good to have it back

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad it's not as bad as first feared haz. What's the plans for it now?

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still thinking the same really, to get it fixed and back together and finish a few other bits off then get it up for sale.
    i've picked up an alarm as a starting point to get it more secure and decided to remove the door locks so i also got a universal 4 door central locking kit. it was a bit of pain since the van is very minimalistic so there are no holes or bellows and even no door pins on the rear or side door so all had to be fitted from scratch. The dash wiring is also minimal with the loom only supplying the clock, stalks, ignition and interior light. even the stereo had been retro fitted using the connector for the cig lighter as it doesnt have one as standard, so hiding the alarm and connections was a bit difficult but looks factory and wired it a little differently to hopefully confuse theives even if they have an idea with alarms. i've used one immobiliser that came with the kit and added another seperate one just to be sure.
    now that its alarmed and immobilised i was looking into options for door lock blanks. i dont want to delock and flush the doors, to save repairing and painting, but gives the option for them to be refitted should someone choose too so was debating things like coachbolts painted black to replicate the locks?
    my concern now is that if the led and no locks doesnt put them off then they are bound to put the windows through to get in, i think a steering wheel disklok is required too!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Fit some deadlocks, they wont open the doors then.. Also a simple hidden cut off switch to say the fuel pump or coil with throw them long enough even if they do get past the alarm/immop.

Or leave a hungry rottweiler in the cab!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see you've not lost heart with this Haz I don't know if I could be bothered knowing that the same scroates could do the same again.

That said, if that where everyones stance - the scroates have won.

Respect

Post Thanks / Like

Great news.

Does the 1.7 lump have an over-boost circuit/switch like the GTT to tap into? Always a good place for an immob. Plenty of noise as the engine turns over but no ignition

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope, still going andy. just want to make sure it doesnt go again. convinced its some mates of youths down the street. I heard part of a convo of some lads who i guess where riding past on bikes whilst tinkering in the garage, summit about the van with the reply of 'he's keeping it in the garage now'. Recon I could find out who was involved but what can you do, seek revenge but then await more troubles since they know where you live, not what I'm after when the mrs is home alone.
    I thought about deadlocks but then it's pointless having central locking? I may put the locks back in as I think the discklok's are a great deterant. I feel if its too hard to get into then it will probably be a brick through the window and I'm struggling to find replacements, just out of interest.
    Regards the immobiliser, without saying too much, one is built into the alarm but buried and the other buried in the Volvo loom. I didn't want to tap into the starter as I'd like them to make some noise trying to start it, if they get that far. Same issue with hidden switches, they have to be further away than around the driver, but it's more faffing round when wanting to just jump in and go. So frustrating!