Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Engine Dynamics F4R Turbo Conversion

I had a brief conversation with Adey the other day, it went along the lines of tuning it like an N/A car with the supercharger fitted. So assume that the bigger ports from the phase 1 with matched inlets would make a difference.

Like you say though the 197 head lowers the CR, it has been fitted to a 172 bottom end you just have to drill the 197 for a pulley IIRC

Post Thanks / Like

And fit the 197 inlet and find a way to map the vvt or just let it turned off.

But would you go into all that hassle while you can have 330bhp on 15 psi anyway? A region in which the internals will be beginning to be doubtfull anyway

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tutuur View Post
    And fit the 197 inlet and find a way to map the vvt or just let it turned off.

But would you go into all that hassle while you can have 330bhp on 15 psi anyway? A region in which the internals will be beginning to be doubtfull anyway
    Possibly Tutuur but you have changed the CR ratio now , so less likely to bend , plus if you use a different turbo and change where and how the boost come in ...

Post Thanks / Like

TBH i bet the castings are pretty much all the same but machined differently. Im pretty sure there will be plenty of meat to come off the 225 head and plenty of work around the valve area. Im hoping for a big improvement and matched to the proposed cam shafts.

The BG S200sx should provide ample boost and out spool the garret equivalents..............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Cole View Post
    Im pretty sure there will be plenty of meat to come off the 225 head and plenty of work around the valve area.
    I have seen evidence of this done , and yes there is plenty to be lopped off !

I saw the pics of your turbo on t'other thread. Looks like a good un.

Post Thanks / Like

Matt hits the nail on the head. On clio sport in the build thread of mwm's turbo'ed ph1 there are pics of both heads and the bowl is just opened up more between the cilinders...

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Can I take the complete dephaser unit off the 182 cam and replace it with a vernier pulley? Thinking Megane pistons and being different to F4R maybe I could fit vernier pulleys instead. Can this be done? I know Pure Motorsport sell the Piper verniers.
    Here's what I made to remove VVT from my engine.

They are adjustable to +/- 8deg.