Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beatrice

Quote Originally Posted by Gtturbo View Post
    Nice P slots suit the car very well

Have you had the bore machined out to 60.1mm as they are VW bore size 57.1mm aren't they?
    Yeah these wheels have been taken out to 60.1. still running 57.1 rear hubs so have spigot rings on the back.

Post Thanks / Like

Well more miles have been mucnched but Beatrice and her oe pistons are still coping with 27psi........ How much longer they will is anybody's guess.

Back at the start of the year I bought a boost circuit testing kit. When used I found my pikey boost run wouldn't hold any pressure at all. After taking hoses off cleaning the join and re tightening it was all sorted boost circuit now holds 30psi and with it all connected up my engine holds 20psi. No leaks from the injectors or efi fannymold. over the last few months I've been able to hear a boost leak so out come the tester again to find yet again it wouldn't hold any pressure. after lots of fiddling I've found my cheap eBay external wastegate was leaking from the bottom port past the valve stem and out the screamer pipe. After a google search I found out most externals leak this way but should stay pressurised for a few seconds. oh well it had a good innings over four years time for a branded item turbosmart ultra 38 is in the post as I write this.

Picture of the kit.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Holding 30psi.

Post Thanks / Like

Munching some miles

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely to read the efr turbocharger performs so well on only a 1.4, it really seems they are in a league of there own

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tutuur View Post
    Lovely to read the efr turbocharger performs so well on only a 1.4, it really seems they are in a league of there own
    Nothing I can say about it does it justice. looking at other people's boost maps from rolling roads it spools up quicker than a T28 with a 0.49 rear. I'm hoping a proper wastegate might give it a little but more.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll try and get a video of how it boosts up at some point. In one of my pictures you can see it's @1.7/8 bar before 4.5k and that was just stamping on the peddle in forth not along pull.

Oh and I've not got the foggiest how or why it's boosting up so early as the vw 20v don't seem to spool them much earlier.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Epic ......well done matey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kentraider View Post
    Epic ......well done matey
    Cheers Dan hows your efi coming along?

Post Thanks / Like

Boost is a function of flow so saying the vw engine doesn't spool it much earlier doesn't say it doesn't make power there, none the less it's great to read it performs so well on your engine!

Hoping this will boost my chance to sell the 7064

Post Thanks / Like

Good read mate. Has given me some ideas for turning mine back from a track car to a fast road set up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tutuur View Post
    Boost is a function of flow so saying the vw engine doesn't spool it much earlier doesn't say it doesn't make power there, none the less it's great to read it performs so well on your engine!

Hoping this will boost my chance to sell the 7064
    I did spot that turbo you had up for sale would go well on a 16v turbo.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Logg View Post
    Cheers Dan hows your efi coming along?
    Im gonna start with the build in next two weeks....gotta render the front of me house ......
    Ive got everything i need except ecu...im gonna order an adaptronic from chris at efi parts then im away....i was gonna get car resprayed but ive changed my mind as its a cat d from an incident years ago....just not worth it so im gonna leave car in grey primer and spend paint money on go faster bits.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kentraider View Post
    Im gonna start with the build in next two weeks....gotta render the front of me house ......
    Ive got everything i need except ecu...im gonna order an adaptronic from chris at efi parts then im away....i was gonna get car resprayed but ive changed my mind as its a cat d from an incident years ago....just not worth it so im gonna leave car in grey primer and spend paint money on go faster bits.....
    Sounds like you've been busy and going for a fast rat look.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Logg View Post
    Sounds like you've been busy and going for a fast rat look.
    Yep thats the one andy ...
    Ive done loads to the bodywork to straighten up the lines etc...if i can get mine to shift anything like yours then maybe the rat look will be overlooked haha