Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

5 gtt rebuild

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

hi all, i have just started to put my engine back together after 5 years of it being off the road, i need a bit of help and advice, i seem to have misplaced a few bits and pieces.
    i need some new liners, so i think i might as well get new liners and pistons just i'm not sure where to get them from, and i don't want to be paying the earth for them.
    also i hope to be build the engine to produce about 200bhp and was wondering what i would need to achive this
    thanks for any advice
    lee

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 5 gtt rebuild

you missplaced your liners on an engine rebuild? id probably say mike for liners pistons, you'll probably want a piper 285cam high lift springs and vernier pulley to time it up, along with a t25 ish turbo and around 20psi of boost

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

HI lee
    My 5 has new liners pistols, liners and full bottom end- shells etc around 1 1/2 yrs ago
    It hasnt seen many mIles apart from beIng broken In, the Clutch started slipping at start of year so took car off road . It had a new heavy clutch and a 285 cam with springs etc on the head around june. Car was written off at and of July and I'm breaking it.

Engine is in Nottingham along with the shell.... for engine (sump, block cylinder head, waterpump) I'm looking for £650)

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

well it's been 5 years since i stripped it and i say misplaced but it's more a case of i left them out and someone has wondered off with them along with a few other bits. Might be a silly question but who is mike and how can i contact him thanks

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the offer but i don't really need a whole engine, i already have a piper cam, lightened flywheel, and some light head work

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Rad and cooler
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

phase 1 mike aka Gt turbo spares.
    http://www.gt-turbo-spares.co.uk/