Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

R5GTT project

First post!

Hi guys,

ive been mad about R5s for years and have owned a couple in my time but have recently just bought another one which someone tried to set fire to before i bought it, so as you can imagine it needs to be bought back to life as its been sat for 2 years.

My first target is to get it started and to rip out parts of the wiring loom what have been burnt.

heres some photos.......

im going to start a build thread on the car as i have lots of ideas on what im going to do with her.

any feedback and ideas are appreciated.

Thanks for reading guys.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: R5GTT project

Welcome to the club Ben!!

You've got the makings of a nice project there mate! Make sure you keep us all updated and start your own project thread??

Their's plenty of advice here on the forum for you and MikePhase116V Is the guy who will be able to help you out with a myriad of spare parts to help re-build her!!

Dare I ask why you've called yourself Foot Long Strong?! I've got a fair idea?!?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

haha its not what you think mate, my friends nicknamed me it as im vertically challenged and my last name is strong.

That would be perfect as im after a fair few parts, does he have alot lying around?
    ive got a pretty long list.

cheers for the reply, cant wait to get it back on the road.

Post Thanks / Like

Search the members for mike phase 1 he has a website, along with more parts than you will need
    The first pic i thought was a computer effect, doesnt look like the fires done much damage. Good luck with the project

Post Thanks / Like

welcome soon be up and running

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Walker View Post
    Search the members for mike phase 1 he has a website, along with more parts than you will need
    The first pic i thought was a computer effect, doesnt look like the fires done much damage. Good luck with the project
    yeh the fire hasn't done to much damage i just need parts of the loom, but as you guys are aware most breakers wont let you cut the loom apart unless you by the whole thing.

Hopefully going to get it started tomorrow after ive made the loom safe. Fingers crossed.

Post Thanks / Like

Theres a couple of pieces, might as well replace the lot. i think mike has new looms in anyway

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

i cant find this mike phase 1 in the members section, am i doing something wrong?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Walker View Post
    Theres a couple of pieces, might as well replace the lot. i think mike has new looms in anyway
    To be fair i think your right, might be better just to change the whole loom.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.gt-turbo-spares.co.uk/
    Heres his website, i think he may be away for about a week but i think hes still getting somet things done.

http://www.gt-turbo-spares.co.uk/?page_id=26 you'l have to suss which bits are needed

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by footlongstrong View Post

i cant find this mike phase 1 in the members section, am i doing something wrong?
    Try this - https://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=380

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant guys, thanks for the help already.

ill take a look now.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by footlongstrong View Post

To be fair i think your right, might be better just to change the whole loom.
    I would agree, its 20 odd years old anyway. I got one from Mike recently. Remember if you change the loom and run a perc fan you need to fit an inline fuse. I've had mine catch light before because of this. It was a recall from Renault but even the new looms still dont have a fuse fitted.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post
    I would agree, its 20 odd years old anyway. I got one from Mike recently. Remember if you change the loom and run a perc fan you need to fit an inline fuse. I've had mine catch light before because of this. It was a recall from Renault but even the new looms still dont have a fuse fitted.

Brilliant thanks for the advice, just been on mikes website, its like R5 heaven think ill be making a big order tomorrow.