Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

DAVETURBO whos owed money,parts

would seem things aint being resolved. anyone else having the same issue. we need to sort this . its not funny.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DAVETURBO whos owed money,parts

I've told him what i'm owed and not heard back yet, am getting abit pissed off to be honest think i would rather half my money back now

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

just got a text

it reads

hi mate.im going round to his on friday night to pick the parts up.i spoke to him on sunday night and he told me the parts are all at his house and i can pick them up.his working away so i`ll go and see whats there and if the rad is in his shed i`ll post it out first thing sayurday. im not refunding anyone with my own money.i gave him every penny i got sent through paypal in cash.

Post Thanks / Like

Lets hope we all get our parts owed to us now

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

still not good enough. we all send money through paypal as a gift on the forum as we trust people on them. it saves them tax etc. this isnt fair on everyone and will now cause an issue with gifting money! and i belive if its dave account then its his responsibility to sort the issue!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r5_scotty View Post
    still not good enough. we all send money through paypal as a gift on the forum as we trust people on them. it saves them tax etc. this isnt fair on everyone and will now cause an issue with gifting money! and i belive if its dave account then its his responsibility to sort the issue!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Im trying to sort this as best I can. I manges to get a 30 second conversation with him Sunday night, he says all the parts are at his house in the shed and if I go round on friday his girlfriend will get them me. Now what's there I don't know. All thae parts I know need posting are...

Rad

Console

Exhaust

Weather the parts are there or not I don't know. I'll know more Friday when I go to his house.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe its me getting busy as i havnt even paid for parts that are owed...
    ive bought plenty of parts of good honest trustworthy people via gifts on paypal....
    i understand the position that daves in.....but the fella is obviously not ur friend dave as a friend wouldnt even hang u out to dry like he has....

hes blatantly taking the piss at the end of the day.....he managed to find access to a computer to collect the money easy enough

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

what happened to the other thread this was all on? looks like its been deleted. imo it all sounds a bit weird but before it gets out of hand could the ip address not be checked to verify a 3rd party is involved. i dont think letting someone use an rtoc, and then a bank account is a good idea. why couldnt the guy not sign up himself, or use his paypal account. very easy to get a bad rep on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Luckily I didn't send mine as a gift so i've opened a Paypal dispute.

I'm sure it was an honest mistake on Dave's part and I think his 'friend' has screwed him over well and truly, but I'm just going to claim my money back rather than waiting around for parts that probably won't arrive.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Haz View Post
    what happened to the other thread this was all on? looks like its been deleted. imo it all sounds a bit weird but before it gets out of hand could the ip address not be checked to verify a 3rd party is involved. i dont think letting someone use an rtoc, and then a bank account is a good idea. why couldnt the guy not sign up himself, or use his paypal account. very easy to get a bad rep on here.

looks like he deleted the thread its gettin a joke. this thread wont be deleted.

his mobile number for everyone - 07946839548 -

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk View Post
    Luckily I didn't send mine as a gift so i've opened a Paypal dispute.

I'm sure it was an honest mistake on Dave's part and I think his 'friend' has screwed him over well and truly, but I'm just going to claim my money back rather than waiting around for parts that probably won't arrive.
    think you`ve done the right thing get your money back mate.

Post Thanks / Like

think you`ve done the right thing get your money back mate.
    What is the club doing to help all you guys? Iv been reading this for a while now and I can see real damage to the clubs reputation happening here no matter people try to hide it its happend here and I think you guys have been cool about it so far. I wouldn't be that's for sure..

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not that I purchased anything but reading the thread and seeing the other thread I agree with Haz is there another party involved?? or is it the same bloke either pulling a fast one or just fecking lazy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm doing all I can to sort this. HAZ .. It's fine with me if the club wants to check ip addresses etc. I let him use the account to help him try and shift some parts he had from his project he never finished and let him use my PayPal email address(I never gave him the password for it) any money that was sent to that was given to him in cash and I sent the money to my bank.im not trying to hide anything. He was never a good mate in the first place, just somebody Iv got to know over the years from selling him parts etc for the car he was re building.
    He has always seemed like I decent chap in the past so I let him use my account.I got rid of the other threat because of the rep it was giving me on here. Iv always sold and bought parts in the past with no problems.
    I'll see what I can do Friday when I go and pick up whatever he's got there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nottswoody View Post
    What is the club doing to help all you guys? Iv been reading this for a while now and I can see real damage to the clubs reputation happening here no matter people try to hide it its happend here and I think you guys have been cool about it so far. I wouldn't be that's for sure..
    It's got nothing to do with the club.

"RTOC Classifieds Use & Disclaimer.
    1. The items being sold are not the responsibility of the Renault Turbo Owners Club."

You pays ya money, you takes ya chances...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    It's got nothing to do with the club.

"RTOC Classifieds Use & Disclaimer.
    1. The items being sold are not the responsibility of the Renault Turbo Owners Club."

You pays ya money, you takes ya chances...
    I was thinking more of the deleting of threads these should be put back for everyone to see just incase there is another "I let him use my account" so is this the clubs stance on building a reputation? For every great thing that happens its these kinda things that tarnish the name.. I'm trying and been trying to get new members to this club but how will it ever happen when this is being excepted? Just mop

Post Thanks / Like

The whole PayPal gift is used all to often. Pay the extra couple of quid for insurance. I would only use gift for the likes of gt turbo spares.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    The whole PayPal gift is used all to often. Pay the extra couple of quid for insurance. I would only use gift for the likes of gt turbo spares.
    Just my opinion here Iv bought loads off lots of members BUT I never use PayPal I always ask for bank details simply because If they trust me I will trust them and thankfully ALL members so far have been excellent sellers.. But if it went tits up I have an email to prove purchase and a bank detail to work with.. Let me just reassure members this happens but it Dosnt happen often..

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

whilst your at your mates dave do me faour and see in my gt tuning cooler pipes are there cheersill pay you for them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nottswoody View Post
    I was thinking more of the deleting of threads these should be put back for everyone to see just incase there is another "I let him use my account" so is this the clubs stance on building a reputation? For every great thing that happens its these kinda things that tarnish the name.. I'm trying and been trying to get new members to this club but how will it ever happen when this is being excepted? Just mop
    Nothing's being accepted. As I said, the items sold on here aren't the responsibility of rtoc. Likewise, point 4 of the disclaimer:

4. The Club does not accept any responsibility for any problems which may occur with any of the items advertised for sale here, nor the accuracy of the text of the advertisements

Even if the Committee wanted to get involved, what do you think they can do?

I don't know of any previous threads being deleted, but if people were already wise to this fella, why are they risking it & buying from him again?

Saying all that, he might be genuine, and just getting dicked around by his mate.

He's asked people to bear with him until this Friday - If it isn't sorted by then, he should either pay back the money straight away, or (or if he's not willing to refund), you take legal action against him, or pay him a visit & sort it out face to face.

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

As marts mentioned, the classifieds aren't the responsibility of the club. With over 700 members it's hard to keep track of and with any big club there will always people trying to pull a fast one. Deleting the previous thread because it's tarnishing your rep imo isn't helping the matter, it should have been left up so others can see that it is being resolved, sure it's giving you a bad name but since you let someone use your rtoc account (can't see why the guy didn't have one while he owned, building and breaking his project?), and then using your paypal (again, I don't see why the guy couldn't use his own) so technically it is your responsibility to sort it out since your the only contact as I presume no one has your mates number either??
    Reminds me of when mike Wilson had several accounts, his mate, his gf etc. it just means he could abuse the trust of the club that bit longer. Sure, everyone is busy so sometimes sales can be delayed but at the very least good communication is needed and members will blame you until its been sorted as its your fault that it's dragged on so long.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

As marts mentioned, the classifieds aren't the responsibility of the club. With over 700 members it's hard to keep track of and with any big club there will always people trying to pull a fast one. Deleting the previous thread because it's tarnishing your rep imo isn't helping the matter, it should have been left up so others can see that it is being resolved, sure it's giving you a bad name but since you let someone use your rtoc account (can't see why the guy didn't have one while he owned, building and breaking his project?), and then using your paypal (again, I don't see why the guy couldn't use his own) so technically it is your responsibility to sort it out since your the only contact as I presume no one has your mates number either??
    Reminds me of when mike Wilson had several accounts, his mate, his gf etc. it just means he could abuse the trust of the club that bit longer. Sure, everyone is busy so sometimes sales can be delayed but at the very least good communication is needed and members will blame you until its been sorted as its your fault that it's dragged on so long.
    Spot on haz! Where's your mates number dave? I want my money back now taken to long had enough. Its windin me up .this aint the clubs fault at all just certain users which mess it up for the rest of us

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll go round tonight after work to get this sorted as soon as.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daveturbo View Post
    I'll go round tonight after work to get this sorted as soon as.
    I want this sorted for me by end of week too mate with either the bits sent or some sort of money back for parts missing/usless parts, i been waiting over a month now to have this sorted so i'm passed being pissed off now

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    I want this sorted for me by end of week too mate with either the bits sent or some sort of money back for parts missing/usless parts, i been waiting over a month now to have this sorted so i'm passed being pissed off now

yup feel the same

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    Me too, this is really taking the piss now!

Post Thanks / Like

I thought paying for items as a gift through PayPal was long gone. If someone asks you to pay via a gift that should send alarm bells ringing straight away! PayPal fees are hardly extortionate, it's what, 4%? That's a hell of a lot cheaper than paying VAT with a come back.

Or just do what I do and drive hundreds of miles and pay cash for everything.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adam L View Post
    I thought paying for items as a gift through PayPal was long gone. If someone asks you to pay via a gift that should send alarm bells ringing straight away! PayPal fees are hardly extortionate, it's what, 4%? That's a hell of a lot cheaper than paying VAT with a come back.

Or just do what I do and drive hundreds of miles and pay cash for everything.
    yea but thought there would be more trust on a small forum. iv delt with many members on here that have gifted me money and iv had no issues. iv delt with one today with no problems .it only takes one i guess.

trouble is i get the the hump paying tax when i pay tax on everything!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Just been round and all I got was a rad and a small box with a red samco pipe inside it. There were no other parts there that I know of.

I'll post these out at the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

yea but thought there would be more trust on a small forum. iv delt with many members on here that have gifted me money and iv had no issues. iv delt with one today with no problems .it only takes one i guess.

trouble is i get the the hump paying tax when i pay tax on everything!
    You still have to be foolish to send unrecorded money to someone you don't know. Any forum can be friendly, it doesn't mean you won't have someone try it on. I learnt my lesson many years ago, I hope you have too.

Post Thanks / Like

Red samco pipe was mine if it's the oil drain

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

What's your address I'll post it out at weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

So whats going to happen about the parts that are owed but your mate doesn't have anymore?

Post Thanks / Like

Surely its got to be worth giving his number to the guys effected? By pm of course or his address..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's his number for all to see 07960790373.

Feel free to call and tell him what you are owed.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

just hope the fella involved has'nt got any tree's near by where he lives

Post Thanks / Like

Proper pissed about this whole situation now!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Might be a good idea to take the number off and PM it to members involved. let them resolve it before the number gets abused by people.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HAndy View Post
    just hope the fella involved has'nt got any tree's near by where he lives
    ?? you'll have to ellaborate for me....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Walker View Post
    Might be a good idea to take the number off and PM it to members involved. let them resolve it before the number gets abused by people.
    I've been in contact with Dave but its getting me pissed off now with whats being asked before i can have refund

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark I just offered you a full refund and you refused it. If you refuse it what more can I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark I just offered you a full refund and you refused it. If you refuse it what more can I do.
    You offered refund on condition i send all parts back, some of which i want to keep which is why i bought them! Why would i bought them if i didn't want the parts, you can have the crap and wrong bits back gladly but i want the intercooler, as say i have use for it. I offered you to send only part of the money but you have this insistent need to have parts back to make your money back, so can only see you wanting to sell them on again

The fact your refusing to refund for parts that are rubbish, wrong and missing is pissing me off. I never recieved an exhaust so how am i meant to send that back!

As i just said i pm i get feeling there is no 'mate' as you been saying exactly same things to me about price of bits as he did when he offered refund and that went no where.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

dave your digging yourself a big hole. mark is a well known respected member on here. dont make yourself look any worse.

Post Thanks / Like

looked back through your previous posts, doesnt make a very nice read. Do you use the club for anything other than buying/selling.

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously Dave, Sort this sh*t out, get the money of your mate and give it back to people that are owed.

YOU advertised the goods (admitidly for a friend), but you still advertised them on the club, you took payment for them... YOUR responsible for it!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I just offered him a full refund and he refused it. What else do you want me to do.

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just offered him a full refund and he refused it. What else do you want me to do.
    But you want some of the parts back?? You need to arrange with Mark a Fair refund... for the missing parts... not ask for them all back. Mark has plans for the parts recieved.

Post Thanks / Like

As said i want some of the bits thats why i bought them, i'd gladly send the parts i don't want back to you.

Think that sounds fairly resaonable so balls in your court!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold aka The Dealer View Post
    But you want some of the parts back?? You need to arrange with Mark a Fair refund... for the missing parts... not ask for them all back. Mark has plans for the parts recieved.
    Not some parts mate, he wants all parts back