Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

Any continental trips planned for next year?

Just wondered what shows are good on the continent and if there would be any interest in a few of us heading over?

I was vey impressed with the commitment shown by some of the foreign lads at this years national day and if we could manage to do the same?

Cheers

Ross

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any continental trips planned for next year?

Hey Ross,

I organised the first Sanglers trip 2012 and I think if you ask any of the members who went they will agree that it was one of the best RTOC European Trip's for a while

The 2013 weekend is the first weekend in July & I shall be kicking that one off soon!!

Keep your eyes peeled on the RTOC Boards for the announcement of the event & make sure you:
    • Start saving Tesco Clubcard Tokens to save cost of the crossing on the Eurotunnel
    • Start saving some money every month to pay for the weekend
    • Check your brakes are well up-to it?! Think of it as an unofficial road track-day!!
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve - Raider View Post
    The 2013 weekend is the first weekend in July
    First weekend of June squire.

I'm sure there'll be another 'No bling at the Ring' weekend at some point next year as well

Euro RWS?
    Flans factory tour?
    Spa trackday?

Post Thanks / Like

how about a trackday in bishopscourt in downpatrick or in kirkistown?

irelands a continent!

Post Thanks / Like

A road-trip around Ireland was rumoured a while back, but it never materialised unfortunately. No reason why it (or a trackday there) can't happen though

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ross,

I organised the first Sanglers trip 2012 and I think if you ask any of the members who went they will agree that it was one of the best RTOC European Trip's for a while

The 2013 weekend is the first weekend in July & I shall be kicking that one off soon!!

Keep your eyes peeled on the RTOC Boards for the announcement of the event & make sure you:
    • Start saving Tesco Clubcard Tokens to save cost of the crossing on the Eurotunnel
    • Start saving some money every month to pay for the weekend
    • Check your brakes are well up-to it?! Think of it as an unofficial road track-day!!
    Steve
    Awesome!

Well you can count me in for this 100% now. I'm going to look into whether it's shorter for me to get a ferry from hull (just up the road from me) over to holland and meet up the other side.

I'm back to two Renault turbos now and I'm planning my third so I'll deffinately have something to go in.

Ross

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    First weekend of June squire.
    Yeah you're right mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    A road-trip around Ireland was rumoured a while back, but it never materialised unfortunately. No reason why it (or a trackday there) can't happen though
    i'm starting on planning one for march april, in bishops court (less than a year old fia approved tarmac) lovely venue short spin from belfast!

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

Right, I've done a bit of google map searching on my phone and it appears thus:

My door to hull ferry terminal, roughly 35 miles.

Port of zebrugge to florenville, again, roughly 170 miles.

205 miles! I do 135 miles just driving to Santa pod!

100% count me in for this next year and if there are any northern members who fancy this, then pop me a PM and I'll look into a group booking for the ferry to zebrugge if you don't fancy the long drive to Dover. Cheap beer and fags too

Ross

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slammed 66 View Post
    Right, I've done a bit of google map searching on my phone and it appears thus:

My door to hull ferry terminal, roughly 35 miles.

Port of zebrugge to florenville, again, roughly 170 miles.

205 miles! I do 135 miles just driving to Santa pod!

100% count me in for this next year and if there are any northern members who fancy this, then pop me a PM and I'll look into a group booking for the ferry to zebrugge if you don't fancy the long drive to Dover. Cheap beer and fags too

Ross
    Keep your eyes peeled for good deals on the Ferry then Ross & if you find a winner then book it!!

Those of us travelling via Dover will look to get an early crossing and then have a jaunt down to Sedan area (hotel not chosen yet) to arrive mid afternoon. Quick clean of the cars, then

As for going home, a mid afternoon ferry back on Sunday will be the winner.... unless their's a cheaper option on the Monday?? It's not unknown for the trip to go on a little longer & take in a city... Bruges anyone??

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robx1r View Post
    i'm starting on planning one for march april, in bishops court (less than a year old fia approved tarmac) lovely venue short spin from belfast!
    Don't worry Rob, I'm 110% organising an RTOC Trip to Ireland!!

I'm always over there (Will be next week!) and know my way round fairly well. Think it would be a smashing weekend in Ireland!!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry Rob, I'm 110% organising an RTOC Trip to Ireland!!

I'm always over there (Will be next week!) and know my way round fairly well. Think it would be a smashing weekend in Ireland!!
    if we going to ireland can we all stop over in kilkenny at my home town at my parents house loads of room to camp there bbq and get smashed