Post Thanks / Like

406 v6 coupe brembo calipers?

As wrote above, will they fit the r5gt? I read somewhere in here that it can be done, but is any modification involved?

Got 15" rims atm too.
    Checked eflay and they are at very good prices, i mean wth they are brembos 4 pots!

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 406 v6 coupe brembo calipers?

Quote Originally Posted by s3irios View Post
    As wrote above, will they fit the r5gt? I read somewhere in here that it can be done, but is any modification involved?

Got 15" rims atm too.
    Checked eflay and they are at very good prices, i mean wth they are brembos 4 pots!
    Yeah they fit you will need 5 mm washers and a pair of 30 mm hubcentric spacers and ise 172 clio discs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Yeah they fit you will need 5 mm washers and a pair of 30 mm hubcentric spacers and ise 172 clio discs
    Do you know if this would be the same for a 19 16v Finch? I have been looking at this conversion for my cabriolet. Didn't really know about the spacing untill you have mentioned. I am running a set of 18in Khans, and was going to run the 406 caliper with a megane grand scenic disc (300x24), the 406 runs a 305x28 IIRC.

Is the spacing you mentioned only due to running 15's on a 5?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BILLY-R5GTT View Post
    Do you know if this would be the same for a 19 16v Finch? I have been looking at this conversion for my cabriolet. Didn't really know about the spacing untill you have mentioned. I am running a set of 18in Khans, and was going to run the 406 caliper with a megane grand scenic disc (300x24), the 406 runs a 305x28 IIRC.

Is the spacing you mentioned only due to running 15's on a 5?
    They fit the clio valver if the hubs are the same then yes i am sure they are the same

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    They fit the clio valver if the hubs are the same then yes i am sure they are the same
    Yeah I think the hubs are the same and the calipers bolt straight on. I am just worried about the spacing though, I have my 19 lowered on 18's and don't have room to space the wheels out otherwise they will hit the arch on full lock

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BILLY-R5GTT View Post
    Yeah I think the hubs are the same and the calipers bolt straight on. I am just worried about the spacing though, I have my 19 lowered on 18's and don't have room to space the wheels out otherwise they will hit the arch on full lock
    You need the 30mm hubcentrics matey

Post Thanks / Like

wow nice! Ty for the answer mate, when u say 5mm washers u mean in diameter or in width. If u mean like those on photo they must be 1-2mm in width?
    Also about the hubcentrics these go OVER the discs and behind the wheels, right? IOf that's the case it will have bonus AWSOME looks too
    Last edited by s3irios; 25-08-2012 at 11:03.

Post Thanks / Like

wow nice! Ty for the answer mate, when u say 5mm washers u mean in diameter or in width. If u mean like those on photo they must be 1-2mm in width?
    Also about the hubcentrics these go OVER the discs and behind the wheels, right? IOf that's the case it will have bonus AWSOME looks too

Sorry they are 2.5mm thick not 5mm my mistake.

Yeah behind the wheel over disc

Post Thanks / Like

Great. So something like this? Althouth these don't have the centre, whells are secured by bolts only.

http://viewitem.eim.ebay.gr/Alloy-wh...889963835/item

Post Thanks / Like

Great. So something like this? Althouth these don't have the centre, whells are secured by bolts only.

http://viewitem.eim.ebay.gr/Alloy-wh...889963835/item
    Yeah they look good and you will meed longer wheel studs aswell

Post Thanks / Like

ok so i need some more opinions on he matter please. Had a convo today about the 30mm hubcentrics with a qualified wheel engineer and told me it would be way to big and i would have problems with the wings arches etc.Plus +6cm total incrase it's immense. Most i should put is 2cm each side.

So the question is, has anyone did it before and can tell me if he had any issues with 15" wheels, the wings etc. Also the 30mm hubcentrics are needed cause of the wheels being 15"? Meaning if i put some 16" wheels will i not need them or at least so big?

Post Thanks / Like

ok so i need some more opinions on he matter please. Had a convo today about the 30mm hubcentrics with a qualified wheel engineer and told me it would be way to big and i would have problems with the wings arches etc.Plus +6cm total incrase it's immense. Most i should put is 2cm each side.

So the question is, has anyone did it before and can tell me if he had any issues with 15" wheels, the wings etc. Also the 30mm hubcentrics are needed cause of the wheels being 15"? Meaning if i put some 16" wheels will i not need them or at least so big?

You need the 30mm hubcentric be it on a 15" wheel, 16" 17" etc, but saying that you may need noeed 30mm as it will depend on your alloy ET the 30mm is based on std ET fitment the hubcentric's are there to space out the wheel due to the size of the Brembo caliper, again this could also depend on your alloy ET anyway.

I had the brembo's on a slammed clio and a few peeps now have them on 5's, on the clio ok it's slightly wider than the 5 there was no clearance issue's and the car was proper slammed. Again depending how low your car is I can't see there being an issue catching the front wing unless your car is seriously slammed.

Post Thanks / Like

No not extremely lowered now, just some basic 3cm i guess, i have clearance and stuff. What i was thinking is when more people get in it gets a bit lower so maybe then it's the problem :P
    Any other bigger and better brakes that i can use? Damn the brembos are at a great price but if i can't have a second person inside!

Post Thanks / Like

Dont forget to fit a bigger master cylinder to match.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, after a quick conversation with the wheel expert again, he informed me that the oe wheel is 5.5J but the ones i got are 7J, so he thinks i shouldn't put 3cm hubcentrics, most probably at about 1cm. Anyone can confirm?

Post Thanks / Like

the brembos wont fit with the o.e 13" speedline wheels. whats so wrong with the 30mm spacers?

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, no i didn't mean that. Above we were saying that on oe readings u need to put a 30mm hubcentrics for the calipers to fit.Ofc on a 15" wheel at least.But on OE readings wheels are 5.5J while the ones i got now are 7J.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, no i didn't mean that. Above we were saying that on oe readings u need to put a 30mm hubcentrics for the calipers to fit.Ofc on a 15" wheel at least.But on OE readings wheels are 5.5J while the ones i got now are 7J.
    Its the et measurement you need to think about not the alloy width

Post Thanks / Like

Could the calipers be made to work on a 172/182? They have 280mm discs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Could the calipers be made to work on a 172/182? They have 280mm discs
    The discs that are used are the clio 172 / 182 jobs anyway if the caliper mountint points are the same as the gtt and the valver then yes. In fact i think schwartz runs 172 calipers and discs on his gtt hubs. I reckon they would fit again using the hubcentrics dependant on your wheel et as to what size hubcentric spacer

Post Thanks / Like

et measurement? Isn't the wider the J number on wheels, the more "out" they are? As things go i see that i will have to buy the brembos first then just ssee whats nedded on the hub :P

Post Thanks / Like

ET / offset. You just need to make sure you have sifficent space between caliper and the inner wheel
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by James5; 07-09-2012 at 16:56.