Post Thanks / Like

Who ya with?

Just got off the phone with Tesco car insurance and they want 704.55 a year for full comp with an excess of 350.00 at an estimated mileage of only 5000 a year.

The thing is I already have a policy with them that has a 7 year no-claims on another car but all they can offer is a multi car discount which is sh1te. I didnt know that no-claims didnt help any on a second car.

Does the first figure seem right to you guys?

Who is the best that you have come across?

I guess effectively I am having to apply for insure on the 5 GTT with no no-claims? Is this right? Sounds stupid to me but hey, what do I know!

Oh, Ive had a liscense for 10 years, I dont see why the quote is so high but perhaps Im just being naive.

Anyone else care to share their prices? I understand if not though.

Cheers for the help!

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who ya with?

Yep that is correct; NCB does not apply on a second car which is frankly a con in my eyes! I haven't had insurance on my R5 for a couple of years now as it's off the road, but Certainly wasnt paying anything like that. I've also held my license for 10 years so we're probably of a similar age.

Tell them to piddle off and go elsewhere as other companies can do worthwhile discounts for multi cars. Try HIC and Performance Direct for starters. Avaoid Adrian Flux at all cost.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Avaoid Adrian Flux at all cost.
    The best tip anyone can give regarding insurance

Just one problem, HIC are now owned by Flux

The insurance on my gtt is around £270 fully comp'. That's unlimited mileage, with Elephant. They allow me to use my NCD on both of my policy's though, which helps.

Post Thanks / Like

HIC is owned by adrian flux now.

id probably avoid HIC too.

i let my insurance for my turbo 2 lapse for 3 months, and miraculously it went from £350 to over £500 a year, and they wanted me to get an independant valuation and a tracker fitted... so i called around and got it down to just over £400 with Lancaster insurance.

the odd thing is that i am still insured with HIC on my daily driver gtt...with 5years no claims. but i insured my turbo 2 on a classic policy, which started off with zero no claims, but these have built up to 4 years now.... yet if you have a crash the accident is against the driver, yet the no claims isnt....??? if you see what i mean.

so i have 4 years on one policy and 5 years on the other, with all crashes declared on both!

Post Thanks / Like

im 22 drove for 4 years no no claims bonus
    last year i paid 830 quid for fully comp with 500 excess

that was with admiral

i checked again 1 month ago and it went down to 640 quid
    which is good
    the last quote i got was with halifax
    i always use money supermarket to check insurance

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Just got off the phone with Tesco car insurance and they want 704.55 a year for full comp with an excess of 350.00 at an estimated mileage of only 5000 a year.

The thing is I already have a policy with them that has a 7 year no-claims on another car but all they can offer is a multi car discount which is sh1te. I didnt know that no-claims didnt help any on a second car.

Does the first figure seem right to you guys?

Who is the best that you have come across?

I guess effectively I am having to apply for insure on the 5 GTT with no no-claims? Is this right? Sounds stupid to me but hey, what do I know!

Oh, Ive had a liscense for 10 years, I dont see why the quote is so high but perhaps Im just being naive.

Anyone else care to share their prices? I understand if not though.

Cheers for the help!
    More info for ya take a read https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=1487 hope this helps

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Avaoid Adrian Flux at all cost.

Thats a bugger , all of my gt`s are with them and they more than halved my insurance from last year, limited millage and classic policies, the modded has an agreed value too, damn , hope they arent as bad as your all sayin...

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, thanks for the help guys.

I had a Honda Prelude 2.2 Vtec (import) insured with AdrianFlux back in 98 and they took 2000.00 off me for the pleasure of a 3rd party, fire and theft coverage! (only people who would cover me at that age) Worse part is i said yes, cause I just passed my test and wanted a fast car! haha I had a blast in that car so nevermind i guess.

Aaaaaaaanyway, yeah Im avoided them.

Elephant sounds good. Cheers Billy (Bill?) (checked name on profile ), are both your cars insured with them on some sort of multi-car policy?

Also, cheers Mr. Turbo for the link! I had a feeling this might have been brought up before.

Once again, thanks everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

admiral all the way for me, around £600 tpft , im 20 , been driving 2 years, with 2 years ncb, I also have my 205 gti with them at just over £500 , thing is i insure 1 at a time and just swap the insurance over, there is a £14.50 admin charge each time, plus i get the diffrence charged or creditied from my account, but works out much cheaper than insuring both of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post
    admiral all the way for me, around £600 tpft , im 20 , been driving 2 years, with 2 years ncb, I also have my 205 gti with them at just over £500 , thing is i insure 1 at a time and just swap the insurance over, there is a £14.50 admin charge each time, plus i get the diffrence charged or creditied from my account, but works out much cheaper than insuring both of them.
    Where do ya keep the other when not using it?? I have 2 cars and pay £500 per year in total for both

Post Thanks / Like

Performance Direct Fully Comp = £325 a year. It'll go up this year with the Mods I have planned. Couldn't be arsed with the engine bay pics for the classic ins from HIC although it was cheaper. Elephant wouldn't insure me due to having a dump valve

Post Thanks / Like

when one is on the road , the other sits in the garage, its not bad goign really considering my age and also my low no claims.

Post Thanks / Like

Elephant want 500.00! I must be doing something wrong. Saying that though, this is with no no-claims again.

If I started a multi car policy with them it would be 661.56 for the 5 and my Mk6 Fiesta but would undoubtably have to pay a cancelation fee with Tesco. However if I chose to pay it over 12 months it jumps up to 800.00!

Looks like it might have to stay uninsured till January I wanna drive it sooooo bad.

Oh well, back to the drawing board for me then...

Post Thanks / Like

Im with adrian flux. mods declaired with my age was 19 at the time (just turned 20) and 1 years NCB was £1036 unlimited mileage i thought that was resonable for meh dunno what other ppl think

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with HIC on both my cars.

I think theyre ok?? It's legal for one & cheap which is a bonus!!

We all know at the back of our minds that all these insurance companies are Robbin Barstewards that run as fast as they can when you need to make a claim!

Give HIC a ring & tell them you're a member of RTOC & want a classic policy on the R5 (then you won't need any NCD). Let them tell you the price & then tell them that you've had a slightly better price from Flux & They'll try to beat it or take anything else out they can!!

Post Thanks / Like

i think you must be 21 for a classic policy, could be wrong though.

Post Thanks / Like

I pay £143 for the GTT and £300 for my 5th Gen Prelude. Both with HIC. Top

Post Thanks / Like

over 21 and held a full uk driving licence for more than 3 years..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post

Elephant sounds good. Cheers Billy (Bill?) (checked name on profile ), are both your cars insured with them on some sort of multi-car policy?
    It's not a multi-car policy. I've got two totally separate policy's running to/from different dates, one for my gtt and one for my every day runner. They let me "mirror" my NCD on both policy's though.

Post Thanks / Like

most places want you to be over 23 now. i had a right struggle to get mine. i only got it because they gave me the quote before they put the age up so they said they had to honour it.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried getting a classic policy recently, and I could only get one if the car was standard, they kept telling me they wouldn't cover me with the modifications... At 23... They told me I needed to be 25.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Direct Line, me and the missus are both insured on my car.

For both of us, the premium is a few quid shy of 360 queens heads

My missus has only been driving a couple of years, same age as me, we thought it may have been higher than that lol

Every where else was a good couple of hundred quid more, even HIC!

That doesn't even include my no claims discount either as I can't find any evidence of it

Post Thanks / Like

i'm 24... 3 years NCB as my 1st 4years my dad insured my cars..

my gtt, fully comp, with elephant £460.00

my 19, tpft +my 22yr old bro £550.00

Post Thanks / Like

my ex had a 5, think it was with elephant, she was quoted 1200 when she was 19... then added me and it went down to 800

Non-member Matt@CodeRedMotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Footman James was always good.....

Post Thanks / Like

I got told they were one of the best yesterday too...

Non-member Matt@CodeRedMotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Last time I insured with them I think it was about £130........I'm in my 30's though, which helps I s'pose............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt5 View Post
    Last time I insured with them I think it was about £130........I'm in my 30's though, which helps I s'pose............
    Funnily, matey who rang me up and praised them, is in his 30's too

Post Thanks / Like

Adrian Sux/ Avoid.

I'm with them because its the only quote I could at £600.00 and 6 yrs no claims. Everyone else wanted £800 or more. God forbid if I ever did have to make a claim, luckly I can fix my own car. They always seem to change things yearly on your policy, like up the excess/ or not add your modifications, or the best one was cancel my policy, without telling me, so thinking I was insured only found out 2 months later, because of the confirmation form, which I sent wasn't recieved!
    Although they have seemed to clean up their act...

Post Thanks / Like

Insurance companys rape me with having 5points.Had an accident at 17 and was given the points at 18.Havent crashed since(touch wood) and they come off next year which i look forward to.

I pay £1500 3rd party with 3years no claims with all mods declared!! Dont even get windscreen cover either.Thats nearly half what i payed for the car but i dont care because its a great car and i enjoy driving it.

Post Thanks / Like

Im with Churchill, 21, 2 years NCB 700 quid fully comp.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everybody, this has actually turned out ot be a useful thread with people being able to compare age to the price of the policy from 19 year olds to 30+. Also, how many cars, points ect.

Thanks! Its helped me gauge what Im looking for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt5 View Post
    Footman James was always good.....
    I was with them on my mini with a clasic. Dont get me wrong they were cheap but i didnt get any NCB from them =[ just a lower quote on the renew

Post Thanks / Like

footman james dont touch modded cars at all do they?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grunge View Post
    I was with them on my mini with a clasic. Dont get me wrong they were cheap but i didnt get any NCB from them =[ just a lower quote on the renew
    My mate was insured with them on his first car - a Mini. It's like a classic policy, regardless of the age of the driver but only for Mini's. It was outrageously cheap. My 5 campus was £2000 to insure as my first car, but for him on his mini, it was £700 with all mods declared (Engine swap, Roll cage, Buckets, Suspension).

Post Thanks / Like

my 350z is with admiral.... group 18, 0 no claims as their on my renault. Just over £700 on the 10 month booster, elephant was nearly as good, anyone else either gave quotes of £2000+ or wouldn't insure me because I was 24 at the time and needed to be 25 to drive that car

Post Thanks / Like

im with hic fully comp all mods declared on the vag 5 600 no no claims either.. and agreed evaluation and on a classic car policy limited to 5k a year

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I need advise on trade insurance of some kind... having 3 cars on the road will kill me when it comes to insurance time..

My 5's cost me around £700 a year... both have 2 years NCB, normally with HIC, classic and agreed value 2k miles per year etc...

My Clio diesel is £500 a year 5 years NCB but with any driver which allows me to teach anybody with a licence even when they have drink driving/death by dangerous driving convictions which is handy... i can even teach 12 years old on private land... anybody witha full UK licence can drive my car with out me being in it.. the best bit... it even covers the "ring"