Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Feedback Survey on 2012 Festival

Hi Guys,

I have created a short survey to get some quick feedback regarding 2012 and your general thoughts on what we should do in 2013?

Thanks

Steve

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feedback Survey on 2012 Festival

Filled in, only thing there was no comments box was just going to say only downside with that track is not that good viewing areas.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Filled in, only thing there was no comments box was just going to say only downside with that track is not that good viewing areas.
    No sorry about that, the free survey site I use has changed their policy so they do not accept comments now unless you pay the subscripton....

Fook that!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll put my comments here then Steve...

I think a different venue each year for ND.

This means we get to try different tracks and courses as well as varying the amount that people have to travel. i.e. up north one year, south the next, with the midlands after that or such! There are some great tracks, let’s use them?

Just think, ND @ Silverstone...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Romil Davda View Post
    Just think, ND @ Silverstone...
    Forget it. £££...

Post Thanks / Like

Or only other thing picked up try and get a ND in with the trackdays people as they must get a good deal on tracks

Post Thanks / Like

I suggested that donkeys ago, but as I mentioned above, for the bigs tracks it's still going to be big money whichever way you cut it.

And Silverstone isn't that great a track to drive, imho.

Donington would be a better bet, but regardless, I personally think Blyton is bob on. Give it a year or 3 there, and if it starts becoming the 'same old same' tedium akin to Pod & Mallory, then we can look elsewhere.

Some people are never happy...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    I suggested that donkeys ago, but as I mentioned above, for the bigs tracks it's still going to be big money whichever way you cut it.

And Silverstone isn't that great a track to drive, imho.

Donington would be a better bet, but regardless, I personally think Blyton is bob on. Give it a year or 3 there, and if it starts becoming the 'same old same' tedium akin to Pod & Mallory, then we can look elsewhere.

Some people are never happy...

I totally Mart....
    Ok, Silverstone was never going to happen! Oultan Park maybe, Cadwell perhaps or something plain like Bedford Autodrome (bit like Snetterton)... I am only suggestion this as I like driving on the track and verity is the spice of life, so I am told

Post Thanks / Like

I suggested that donkeys ago
    We all know your posts are invisible

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

snetty is a great track, way better than bedford ,and would make a great nd venue

Post Thanks / Like

I totally Mart....
    Ok, Silverstone was never going to happen! Oultan Park maybe, Cadwell perhaps or something plain like Bedford Autodrome (bit like Snetterton)... I am only suggestion this as I like driving on the track and verity is the spice of life, so I am told
    I look forward to seeing you on track at the next rtoc trackday then (which will probably be October/November time).

Silverstone may be do-able, but the club would have to offload the cost of hiring the track onto the track ticket price - Would you pay double than what you did for Blyton?

You possibly might, I probably would, but the other 50/60/70/or whatever number of members might not, and that's when the problems start - We're only a small club in the grand scheme of things, so if we take a punt on an expensive ND, but don't recoup the majority of the outlay, it's game over for the following year's ND. Period.

The turn-out we've had at the big boy track trackdays from over the years tells me we won't ever be going to anywhere like Silverstone for a ND, and if memory serves me correctly, we even struggled to get a double figure turn-out for the last Oulton Park trackday, and the Blyton one last October, both of which were relatively cheaply priced...

Post Thanks / Like

We all know your posts are invisible

Post Thanks / Like

But it is a fair point really, how many people go out on track on a ND compared to one of these track days, would people be put off because there will be other people on these events which are not as kind to the Renault and people will feel its not quite as relaxed as just the club hiring the track. Would more people turn up as its a better track. But I doubt we will ever have the facilities like the camping on site like we had at Mallory or Blyton

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I would deffo vote for a masive BBQ other than that nothing else really needs changing imo (maybe some strippers wouldn't go a miss )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Reed View Post
    I would deffo vote for a masive BBQ other than that nothing else really needs changing imo (maybe some strippers wouldn't go a miss )

ill second that nothing like a good old spit roast on the pole or the barbie

Post Thanks / Like

But it is a fair point really, how many people go out on track on a ND compared to one of these track days, would people be put off because there will be other people on these events which are not as kind to the Renault and people will feel its not quite as relaxed as just the club hiring the track
    Most trackday'ers are cut from the same cloth mate - It shouldn't matter if you're in a £1k Renault or £100k Ferrari, it's about enjoying yourself on a track & improving your track driving skills along the way.

It's not a race, it's not about who can lap the quickest, nor who has the best spec car on track. Ron Dennis won't be standing by the exit gate ready to sign you up either. Ron Jeremy maybe...

Didn't have you down as the type of person who worries what other people think about the car you're driving?

Post Thanks / Like

You know me I turn up in anything which gets there on the road or on the back of a recovery truck

Plus would go on track if I didn't bring the Raider with me as for the price you can not complain really. I am just trying to think of ways which could increase people out on track as like yourself you are willing to pay more to go out on a better circuit, maybe it will pull a lot more people in as I would love to drive round silverstone, or brands hatch or some of the other larger ones, but money is always going to be the situation, thats why tagging along to the trackday people would be a thing to look at, but on the other hand which im not saying would worry myself but would it put a lot of other people off and have a worse effect on the track day as its not so RTOC day then just a big event where a lot of RTOC members turn up to.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Reed View Post

O and not forgetting a Mr whippy for car.crash

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mallory and Blyton are perfect for our size club keep your feet on the ground and don,t bother with bigger venues whats the point,hence why theres money available for rolling roads or discos or bigger plastic prizes for upset show and shine peeps why change things that work i thought this year was the best for a long while

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

how about castle combe a bit closer for us in the south west

Post Thanks / Like

Blyton was perfect imo for our cars, you could push to the limit and beyond safely. Most other tracks arent so forgiving, i think better spectators post would be a massive benefit. I think the pig roasts a good idea too i wouldnt mind paying for that too. maybe paying a small amount to cover costs for rolling road too? £5-10 aleast recoups something and is pennies really.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

If Blyton park was much cheaper than Mallory and we could hold 2 events a year there I would say fair enough lets go back there, but as far as I'm aware it's nearly the same cost as Mallory so in my book that makes it a no-brainer as Mallory is a 'proper' track, so Mallory will always get my vote, or another proper track, I have no interest what so ever in airfield tracks.

Post Thanks / Like

Its only an airfiled track in its geographical proximity. You literally do not drive on any airfield. All the asphault it freshly laid.

I really enjoyed Blyton tbh.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

no barriers, check
    virtually no kerbs, check
    acres of run off, check
    flat fields all round for making crop circles in when you get it wrong, check

yep, looks like an airfield track to me.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warpspeed View Post
    as Mallory is a 'proper' track
    Yeah, and a boring one too. Right, right, right, left, and start again...

I thought the Committee mentioned previously that Blyton was a fair bit cheaper than Mallory?

If Blyton park was much cheaper than Mallory and we could hold 2 events a year there I would say fair enough lets go back there
    I have no interest what so ever in airfield tracks
    Contradiction?

Post Thanks / Like

no barriers, check
    virtually no kerbs, check
    acres of run off, check
    flat fields all round for making crop circles in when you get it wrong, check

yep, looks like an airfield track to me.....
    I see your arguement. I dont agree with it though. Silverstone is based around an airfield.

However, rather than argue with you I might add if its good enough for Audi to test on it ( see ? ) tis good enough for my five or megane.

Post Thanks / Like

Mallorys rediculously boring might as well be a dragstrip point and squirt to one end turn round point and squirt to the other.
    Ive never had my car as sideways as i did into the first corner and still made it round. and sliding all four wheels at port froid flat out in 4th, then trying to straighten up for ushers with a really bumpy braking zone was just great fun.

Post Thanks / Like

how about anglesy nothing to do with that is closer to me its a lovely track and the facilitys and garages are top notch!

Committee Member
    North West Regional Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

im going to add my views on mallory, last year was my first nd and i really wasnt impressed by mallory, me n the mrs wanted to go just after dinner as we were bored.

the track is so boring and i would defo not be interested in driving it.

i didnt go to blyton park this time but from the vids iv watched it looks a much more challenging circuit and from the feedback on here is better suited for the club.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll mirror a lot of what the others have said, especially Mart. We're not a big club, nowhere near what we where 10 years ago which is when I came on the scene and as such, smaller venues like Blyton are perfect for us as a club. Mallory and the like are fantastic tracks in there own right, and we can still use those by taking advantage of other events such as PPC in the park and also USC for the pod ETC. We can coordinate these events. But for us, we are a small club and smaller event's suit us better IMO. This year was great because it was a smaller venue, and we got to get to know other members. There are a number of smaller venues kicking around the country also, and I'll be visiting RAF Marham in a couple of weeks which is another ex-airfield track which has quite a good reputation over here.

I'll be looking at doing Le-mans next year also which I'll set up an event both here and on FB as will I with PPC in the park. It would be great to get some more RTOC'er to these events and make a mini event of them ourselves and meet up more than once or twice a year.

Long live the RTOC!

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd happily go back to Mallory but given the choice it would be Blyton every time. I just think overall it was far more suited to our needs.

The track at Mallory was 'a proper track' if you like, but as said it was really quite boring and no real challenge (even for me! ) Blyton is hardly Spa but I found it really enjoyable and would love to drive it again.

Camping wise I thought Blyton was better also as we were all closer together and therefore I found myself bumping in to people/chatting alot more.

Roll on next year I say!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karl w View Post
    New poster! (less than 10 posts)

how about castle combe a bit closer for us in the south west
    +1 for this

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Angelsey would be great.

Anybody that doesn't find Mallory challenging isn't going anywhere near fast enough...

As for contradicting myself I didn't mean Blyton was so good I'd want to go there twice just that I'd expect it to be around half the price of Mallory but it clearly isn't so IMO poor value for money.
    If ND is at Blyton next year I wouldn't bother buying a track ticket and I doubt I'd even camp as the atmosphere on sat night at the campsite was ****.

I think I would come along for the day to catch up with friends on my way to or from a proper trackday.

Post Thanks / Like

Who pissed on your campfire. Lighten up you miserable sod.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought everything was spot on only issue was good view points to watch the track action but then again I didn't really go looking for any.

I felt it was a nice change to Mallory not that the track we hold the national day makes a difference. I go cause I like driving my gtt also like looking around other and Renault turbos and all the fun and games of fixing them.

If you guys said next years was in the middle of Dartmoor I'd go just to see all you ugly ****ers and our amazing cars.

As the night time atmosphere I felt it was awesome yes Saturday was a little quieter but we had a disco and sofa racing and all with out getting told off by the fun police.

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt I'd even camp as the atmosphere on sat night at the campsite was ****.
    There were quite a few of us there Friday night camping, most of these boys went home around 6/7ish saturday evening, that maybe why

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    Who pissed on your campfire. Lighten up you miserable sod.
    Just being honest, better be carefull though or the thread might get locked if I'm too negative....

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

There were quite a few of us there Friday night camping, most of these boys went home around 6/7ish saturday evening, that maybe why
    Yeah, bunch of lightweights!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Or run out of drink after first night. But lucky topped up for next night again

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just being honest, better be carefull though or the thread might get locked if I'm too negative....
    (squared)

Post Thanks / Like

If ND is at Blyton next year I wouldn't bother buying a track ticket.
    That's fine, you spent more time off it than on

Committee Member
    North West Regional Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

if you have not already filled this survey in then please take 2 mins at most of your time to do so, your feedback is very important as this is our national day and we want to make it as good as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluntyR5GTT View Post
    if you have not already filled this survey in then please take 2 mins at most of your time to do so, your feedback is very important as this is our national day and we want to make it as good as possible.
    Done Andy - now leave me alone!

Post Thanks / Like

Scott - I really don't know where you're coming from fella, and don't get me wrong, everyone is within there rights to put there point across. But you really are quite malicious with it. I think everyone knows that this was not the event for you, but I cannot see the need to keep running it, and the club down. If you wandered into our camp either Friday or Saturday you would have been most welcome to beer and a chat, and I assure you we were not all tucked up in our beds by 7 o'clock.
    Many years ago when I first started to attend meetings with the RTOC I found it very difficult to mingle, (and I still do in some circles, not them circles fault) but now it's easier and you really can get to know some really fab people. his year I was able to tag along Mart's lap of the campsite whilst talking cockney to everyone and getting photo's with most people and his Olympic tourch, I talked more with Dawn, Adam L, Logg and Big Steve this time round. I put faces to the names of Dave Reed and Romil (spelt that wrong) and had a good chat with them. Sure I had to put up with the likes of Ipswich and Charge cooler Pro Handy but it was worth it.

So please try to keep an open mind and come for a beer next time, and if you are coming, let me know and I'll stick some mcEwans 90s in the bag for you.

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Donington would be a better bet, but regardless, I personally think Blyton is bob on.
    Donington would be awesome Guess the cost would rule it out though?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT ANDY View Post
    Sure I had to put up with the likes of Ipswich and Charge cooler Pro Handy but it was worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy View Post
    Donington would be awesome Guess the cost would rule it out though?
    For a ND, yeah, unfortunately mate. The only way the club could host an ND there is if we upped the price of the entry/track tickets, and/or we collaborated with RAOC, R21t oc, etc & held a joint club day there.

Regardless though, Blyton still makes a great rtoc ND venue, imho. And bar one rtoc'er, everyone else who's posted on here since last weekend seems to think so too

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    That's fine, you spent more time off it than on
    That was my old man that went off, he is 65 after all!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT ANDY View Post
    Scott - I really don't know where you're coming from fella, and don't get me wrong, everyone is within there rights to put there point across. But you really are quite malicious with it. I think everyone knows that this was not the event for you, but I cannot see the need to keep running it, and the club down. If you wandered into our camp either Friday or Saturday you would have been most welcome to beer and a chat, and I assure you we were not all tucked up in our beds by 7 o'clock.
    Many years ago when I first started to attend meetings with the RTOC I found it very difficult to mingle, (and I still do in some circles, not them circles fault) but now it's easier and you really can get to know some really fab people. his year I was able to tag along Mart's lap of the campsite whilst talking cockney to everyone and getting photo's with most people and his Olympic tourch, I talked more with Dawn, Adam L, Logg and Big Steve this time round. I put faces to the names of Dave Reed and Romil (spelt that wrong) and had a good chat with them. Sure I had to put up with the likes of Ipswich and Charge cooler Pro Handy but it was worth it.

So please try to keep an open mind and come for a beer next time, and if you are coming, let me know and I'll stick some mcEwans 90s in the bag for you.
    Maybe you weren't paying attention, after the disco I wandered by with Miller, Emma, Jaffa etc and your tent was the only one on the go where normally there would be at least a dozen groups (in previous years I'd wander about with usually either Miller, Emma, Rob, Jaffa, Stu etc and say hello) so to say that I haven't made any effort is a bit unfair.
    This year I needed to stay by my van as I had expensive equipment that very few people actually bothered to show any interest in from the club, Blyton's own staff showed more interest.

In previous years Mallory had been run down by loads of members, wonder how Miller felt about that having virtually arranged them single-handedly, I noticed that this year he spent half the day on the entrance as nobody had been organised for this.....not having a go at anybody here btw, just an observation

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaaaannnnnd this thread is all about feedback, so you don't like what I'm saying, so what! I'll say it anyway....
    I'm not trying to fall out with anybody or be malicious, I really really enjoy driving so to me the track is very important and imo I don't like Blyton as much as Mallory, ok maybe my comments are coming across too negative, I'm sorry.
    I don't bother much with drinking on fri as it's not very sensible with going out on track the next day butI always go for it on the sat.