Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

164978 miles

Glad to say my five passed its mot today no trouble at all which is an achievement considering its mileage hopefully going to restore it to its former glory over the next year

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 164978 miles

congrats!

How many miles have you done in it?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SirSamuelOfBuca View Post
    congrats!

How many miles have you done in it?
    I've only done about 5000 of them but not had the car 2 long I've been doing between 360 to 400 miles a week lately though so it will be at 170000 in no time

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see the high mileage cars still going, I sold one of my 5s when it hit 156k still original engine, very tired though. Thats now on here which has had £1000s spent on it freshening it up which it now looks great due to it.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've no history about the engine in my car, the hole car looks standard and the engine looks original, its no shiny bits or coloured hoses

Post Thanks / Like

Just running in nicely at that mileage the c1js are good for loads of miles if serviced and generally looked after properly.

Committee Member
    North West Regional Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brigsy View Post
    Just running in nicely at that mileage the c1js are good for loads of miles if serviced and generally looked after properly.
    defo agree there mr briggs and i know since owning mine its had oil and all filters and coolant flushed/changed changed every 1.5-2k might be a bit ott but keeps everything nice and fresh

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brigsy View Post
    Definitely agree !. You read a lot of rubbish about 5's being unreliable and blowing head gaskets all the time etc. My car has done over 170K, 130 of those done by me as I am only the second owner. It is still on the original headgasket and turbo, although the seals are getting knackered now, and its been run at 1bar for the last 100k or so. The engine is still sweet although its all being ripped apart as I am undertaking a full rebuild. Properly looked after, or modded by someone who knows what they are doing, and these things go on for years. The only weak point I have found is gearboxes but maybe thats just because I cant drive properly

Post Thanks / Like

Alex S's old white 5 had done about 190k, and he'd had it since it was a year old