Post Thanks / Like

trailers?

Im just wondering whats the laws with trailers ive looked it all up but still unsure if it would be illlegal for me to use a lightweight trailer with my five on it i would be pulling it with a 2.0 vectra?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: trailers?

Quote Originally Posted by bernard View Post
    Im just wondering whats the laws with trailers ive looked it all up but still unsure if it would be illlegal for me to use a lightweight trailer with my five on it i would be pulling it with a 2.0 vectra?
    have you looked into a frames mate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bernard View Post
    assuming the trailer is braked you need to find what the gross train weight is, I pulled my 5 with an Astra, but it was borderline. My gut instinct says with a twin axle braked trailer you'd be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

does it not also depend on what licence you hold cos they changed it when they dropped the weight limit for vehicles you can drive if you pasted after a certain date ie you can't pul a trailer unles you pass another test?

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tricky nicky View Post
    does it not also depend on what licence you hold cos they changed it when they dropped the weight limit for vehicles you can drive if you pasted after a certain date ie you can't pul a trailer unles you pass another test?
    yeah, 1997 or there abouts. you can still tow a trailer weighing upto 750kg on a modern licence, but towing a car on a trailor would be a no go ofcourse.

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If you look in your car manual (or do a search on the net) you can find out the gross towing weight for you car...