Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big boost R5 For sale £6500

i dont think the engine needs stripping to say its done what, 700 miles if that, like i've said its a new evgine and not even been run yet lol and with that it sit for a good hour ticking over and gets checked making sure everything is is running before its even moved, thats the thing with it, your basically getting a new turbo and engine thats not even been touched apart from 700 miles and then an oil change

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnykane View Post
    it doesn't actually matter about the thermostat. all that does is hold the water in the head till its up to temp, take it out and you get longer warm up but better flow as the waters heating, smoother and all round better for the engine. rather than the water get up to temp and then the thermostat opening to letting the water through and then cold water entering the head again. you 'll find you get better flow too by taking it out, what does matter is having a low temp fan switch and a more powerful fan to cool it as your running!!!

Not to mention Cavitation and damge to the cylinder head!

Post Thanks / Like

Let's all heckle the new guy.......... Some of what this guy is saying is bs but maybe try and steer him in the right direction instead of taking the pi$$, we have all been there with k-tec this and gt tuning that, difference is at the time I doubt anyone at the time took the pi$$ because they were doing the same.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Oooops, right, made a bit of a boo boo, i was talking to my old man bout the thermostat and yes it is in and a low temp one at that. When the engine was put in,(which i wasn't there) they took the thermostat in to fill the rad. I thought it had been running without it. As its only running in the summar i've been told it wouldn't make too much difference, yeah in the winter it would but its never run then so doesn't apply. Oh well, at least you guys got a laugh. (noticed on the pics the jubilee clip in place for the stat)

my bad

Post Thanks / Like

I thought people wanted the price of the GTT to reflect its classic status. But every time a GTT is on here for a bit more money it gets slammed. Yet when people ask whats its worth everyone jumps in with the same answer. Whatever someones willing to pay. Surely then we have to find out what people are willing to pay without being scared of a bashing and a knowledge head to head and belittling session.

If I was you m8 I would get the car in the cars for sale non members area at a price you think is fair and see what people are willing to pay. If people are not willing to pay that price you decide what you want to do, not what others want you to do.

GL

Post Thanks / Like

Just seen the other, new thread locked. Not sure if that was fair because the other thread was posted in the section that's open to non-members to view and this one isn't. Isn't the guy just trying to justifiably widen his audience?

Not sure this thread should be moved to that section either (as a work around). I mean why would he want all the posts from other members cluttering his public for sale thread?

Just saying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Just seen the other, new thread locked. Not sure if that was fair because the other thread was posted in the section that's open to non-members to view and this one isn't. Isn't the guy just trying to justifiably widen his audience?

Not sure this thread should be moved to that section either (as a work around). I mean why would he want all the posts from other members cluttering his public for sale thread?

Just saying.
    i was thinking the same

Post Thanks / Like

I think there's an argument for posts not being allowed on public adverts other than the author and the committee.

Otherwise, on those adverts that are contentious, like this one has been, we could end up making the club look bad to the outside. Rather than just to the inside