Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Big boost R5 For sale £6500 North Yorkshire

First post!

Renault 5 gt turbo.
    This car is not for the faint hearted. Running a standard compression set up and big boost this car moves with responsive bottom end, low lag and up to 31 psi of boost this car shifts.
    Running a less powerful engine and smaller turbo this car dyno'd at 220 bhp and would hit over 130 quite easily.
    Full spec.
    Engine
    1.4 K-Tec racing engine, running hybrid BB tuning 330R roller bearing turbo with strengthened Garret housing. T5 actuator. Fully forged bottom end, machined crankshaft, (con-rods, pistons), standard compression pistons, steel liners, K-Tec 285 cam, gas flowed head, port matched, k-tec head gasket, up rated pushrods, valve springs and valves on a multi-angle set-up. Polished inlet manifold and group A carb with oversized jet. Tubular turbo manifold with 2.5 inch turbo elbow, down pipe and tiger side exit exhaust. Front mounted intercooler, mocal oil cooler with braided oil pipes, K-Tec radiator. Stainless steel boost pipes with twin Group A dump valves. Viper air filter. Samco water, oil and vacuum hoses. K-Tec polished Header tank, swirl pot, oil catch tank, brake reservoir cover, rocker cover and turbo heat shield. Up rated starter motor, alternator and engine mounts. High flow fuel pump. Standard gear box with group N clutch. In-car adjustable boost running from 14psi up to 31 psi. At the moment this is running 21 psi, Safe but effective.
    Body
    K-Tec racing front and back bumper. Carrisma spoiler. Tarmac side skirts and arches. Morrette twin headlight conversion. Fibre glass bonnet with clio 16v vent. Sprayed in one off black to purple pearl.
    Suspension, brakes and wheels
    Avo coilovers (fully adjustable), 16" OZ super turrismo alloys. stainless steel front strut brace. (also have stainless steel rear strut but not fitted). Braided brake lines, K-Tec big brake package with drilled disc all round and red stuff pads.
    Interior
    6 point sparco role cage. Cobra Suzuki buckets with Sparco 6 point harness's. Astra GTE digital dash. Racex digital gauges (boost, oil pressure and water temp). B&M short shifter gear stick. Leather gater. Sparco steering wheel. Flooring and boot is light weight alloy checker plating
    Summary
    0-60 is sub 5 seconds and a rough top end of 140.
    There is a slight spot of rust on the driver's side door. I have had an estimate to repair all paintwork and this is coming in at around £250.
    This car has over £35k of receipts and is basically a track car built for the road. All work has been done by professionals. For insurance purposes this car has been valued at over £20,000 and selling purposes I have been told I should be looking between £8k and £12k.
    Reason for sale is relocation and family commitments.
    This is an ideal toy for someone wanting something ridiculously fast but with low insurance costs. Handles extremely well and gives you scary acceleration. Ideal for days at the drag strip and can be a lot of fun when driven correctly.
    No test pilots. You will not drive this car until money has been exchanged. If you are wanting to come for a test drive then I will be driving due to insurance and nature of the car but once experienced you will want to buy!!!!!!!

Pics on request
    Last edited by Jonnykane; 30-06-2012 at 22:01.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big boost R5 For sale £6500

Wasn't this on eBay yesterday? Think I seen the pic but would be worth putting pics up

Post Thanks / Like

It's like all the tuning catalogues under 1 bonnet.

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Insurance value of over £20K............ I call BS!!

T2's would be insured for this much, but a GTT..... No way.

£6,500 for a car that needs paintwork & has rust showing (where else is it hiding i wonder)

Good luck with the sale..... Sort the paint work out & lower the price (a lot) to get a sale is my serious advise

Here is the advert on pistonheads...
    http://pistonheads.com/sales/3984895.htm

& here is my thread i started when it was up for sale att £8,500
    https://rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=24953

Post Thanks / Like

go on penfold you know you wonna own that beast

South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone else see the cuckoo perched on the spoiler in his pics??

It must be getting ready to fly to cuckoo land...along with his valuation!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    It's like all the tuning catalogues under 1 bonnet.
    Bloody hell car crash that means urs is worth 10 grand lol

Post Thanks / Like

See my post number 17 of Penfolds thread!

Post Thanks / Like

& here is my thread i started when it was up for sale att £8,500
    https://rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=24953[/QUOTE]

Can't believe its even too expensive for raidergtt

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

Somebody please go view this car and get the owner to take you on a 1/2 hour test drive at 31psi.

Ross

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a bargain for someone who hasn't got a clue and plenty of cash to spunk away ........... Ali g?

But then the purchaser could break it and make 20k

Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha what a dreamer? Lol

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

sh*t me! is he sure! hold on this is good! means myn is worth more than i thought ! lol he needs to rethink this lol

Post Thanks / Like

if he can film it doing the 140mph i will buy it off him

Post Thanks / Like

Just out of interest what do people think its worth?

Personally asking price £3k, accept over £2500....

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

The sellers paid his £25 membership fee and can try sell it for a 2 million pounds for all I care...

Good luck, you'll need it...

My advice, break it because no one will pay more than £2500 and they will only pay that to break it..

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dave View Post
    My advice, break it because no one will pay more than £2500 and they will only pay that to break it..
    Im struggling to see even 2.5k worth of parts on there, let alone go 4k to make it even worthwhile breaking the parts if you pay for £2.5k

As said 2.5k to 3k as you say, rust, damaged items, not sure what kind of track road car with that kit on wind break is more like it, definately wont be the fastest thing out there and doubt 31psi is doing much even if you managed to fuel up to that.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

It's a weapon alrite.lol oh dear.

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"this car is not for the faint hearted", my intrest allways stops there..., to be fair it doesnt look awfull, not my thing at all but come on this is rtoc.... flea bay....

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

least if you brought this five you could do your ironing on the spoiler while your out!

but all joking aside everyone has different taste. if we all done the same thing it would be very boring!
    i rekon for 2.5k someone would have it. best off on ebay i think.

o and does he have paperwork to prove the insurance value?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

i rekon this is one of those where the wife says "you've got to sell it", and he's said, yes honey, no honey, three bags full honey! And then after six months, he'll be saying "i've no idea why i cant sell it"......

Post Thanks / Like

My timing is ****e I should have saved the money I spent on my engine and bought this beast

Post Thanks / Like

Turn it in. Good luck, hope you sell it before the market changes, might advertise mine in this case.

Post Thanks / Like

2k is all its worth with the damage.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there, could you please edit your thread title as per this sticky at the top of the forum? https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=37

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Right Everyone, Just to get things straight. It's not myself that valued it. In order to get full insurance on this I had to get it valued by 2 independant insurance companies, both saying it would take over £20k to rebuild (parts, labour). At that its under direct replacement at £14k. Thats price back if the car was written off. The thought has crossed my mind!!!!!!! r5 scotty, paperwork is with it!!
    Regarding the damage its more or less touch up on the door. I could source you a door and get the paint, basically I just cant be arsed to have it done myself or even do it myself. You wouldn't even notice it if you wasn't looking for at but I took the courtesy of telling people cos it is there. The chassis is solid and all panels perfect. And when ever I take it out it gets more or less stripped down at the beginning of the year and again at the end and checked over making sure everything is structurally sound. Breaks, suspension is all brand new. The car had the engine put in around 18 months ago and has been driven maybe 2 or 3 times since then, when purchased I wasn't happy with the build quality on this so had it stripped down again and rebuilt making sure everything was done to the best possible standard. I do second the comments made bout K-tec. When its out it is driven at 14 psi, when i'm having a play about in it then 21psi and for track purposes it does run at 31psi but obviously if you guys had actually run one at that you'd know yourself your looking at a quarter mile before shutting it down. Thats it, seems pointless but fun if you pick your moments. This does not get hammered. I respect it too much for that and thats why I said no one to drive it before some money is exchanged cos guaranteed you always get some dick trying his luck in something like this and to say the mrs cant even press the clutch down and turn the steering wheel when its parked up what you expect!!!!!! Anyone that knows 5 turbo's then i'd be happy to let you out in it.
    Last edited by Jonnykane; 01-07-2012 at 20:52.

Post Thanks / Like

5er says it wont last 4 full bore quarter mile runs at 31psi

Post Thanks / Like

What has been done to the engine mate any mods

Cheers Phil

Sorry mate just seen the spec on the first thread apologise

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

who knows how many quarter mile runs i'll get at that. someone earlier was saying its high compression which can understand at that your all thinking that then it'll blow, its just standard compression. With the old block that was low compression I got a full summer out of it running 31psi and then it was one night I was racing an M3 and it blew the head gasket but I new mysefl I was pushing it and i'd run it over nearly a mile on and off. I know the bottom end will take it, top end, well you all know what they're like. All i can say is that its been well looked after, dont see many this clean and when it comes to running, its warmed up for a good hour, even looking at 15 min just ticking over before I even move it, everything is checked during this that its running right. Oil and water is always getting checked before and after running and it gets a full oil change bout every thousand miles, its just had one done and i'd say its probably only done around 700 miles since the engne had been put in, when I run it I run for short blasts and then cooled correctly. When its turned down and running 14 on low and 21 on high it runs all day long giving it correct cooling between opening it up, sure you all know its all about the cooling with these.

Btw, thanks to everyone regarding comments on price, to tell the truth I wasn't sure what to put it up for, speaking to people and lookin at guys on pistonheads having standard 5's with a bigger turbo and the intercooler tampered with selling them at 3k then i thought the price on this wouldn't be so bad, at the end ofthe day the engine itself cost 4k and like i said its done about 700 miles!! you never know what rich kids are looking on pistonheads!!!

I'm open to offers, i've got all receipts and if it doesn't go soon i'm going to start breaking it.
    Last edited by Jonnykane; 01-07-2012 at 21:14.

Post Thanks / Like

I think this this guy deserves a medal, obviously not for the car. In my opinion (which is all it is) checkerplate aluminium is the chaviest material to use on a car. This car may as well have a full burberry paint job and a photo of a staffy on the bonnet.

Anyway getting back to the point. Jonny has had to read through endless posts of folk slagging off his car and has kept his calm and even reposted.

Good on you Jonny

Shame on you RTOC

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

if u do break it...first dibs on the cage..an the forged bottom end too....;-);-)

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josie172cup View Post
    Anyway getting back to the point. Jonny has had to read through endless posts of folk slagging off his car and has kept his calm and even reposted.

Good on you Jonny

Shame on you RTOC
    I second that Josie!! Good on you Jonny for rising above the criticism & not having a rant back!!!

Everyone's got an opinion & they don't always agree with yours.

Good luck with the sale/breaking whatever you decide!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll 3rd that

And people wonder why rtoc member numbers are dwindling...

Post Thanks / Like

Johny, if you do break it you will mostly likely get the money your after for the car.....

& no doubt a fair chunk of that pretty quickly... A car like yours appeals to a very limited market now days as most people are after the oe looks etc...

Good luck with the sale/breaking

Post Thanks / Like

how you set it up to fuel at 3 different boost pressures?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well SirSami, That my friend is a pain in the arse. As you know under fueling and over fueling can cause serious issues, engine running seriously hot and over detonation in the cylinders. Luckily having the car for so long I've become wise of this and generally take it and have it set up, depending on what i'm taking it out for. At the end of the day whats a hundred quid when i've spent so much on it. Also when running it at 31psi I have the timing altered so it revs a little higher, power band is higher. At the end of the day I'm not a mechanic, I leave that to the professionals. And no that doesn't mean i send it to K-Tec for the comedians in the room which i've noticed half you guys are actually ktr gear anyway!
    Last edited by Jonnykane; 02-07-2012 at 13:10.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

As all you guys are probably wondering why the kit, spoiler, bits and bats.

The car was originally built in 2003/2004, when the BB Tuning/K-tec/Carrisma kinda phase/look was in, big spoilers, fat bumbers and being like 20yr old with a load of money to blow, well what you expect.
    I stripped the car right down to a shell, it has had everything replaced, demon tweeks must have had a right christmas party when they saw my account balance.

It originally had a tarmac kit on and I wanted to keep the side skirts and arches and then give it a little face lift, at that time everyone was going badboy and then fat bumbers and i didn't totally wanna go with this theme, twin heads hadn't been done for a while so why not, the rest i've already explained earlier. Lightweight checker plate, well its easy to keep clean and with the stuff i've used, no expense spared its actually pretty light. I understand it would be lighter with nothing in it but i wanted it to look tidy. Seats and cage, you see so many with a pointless rear cage so i decided to go for the full lot, stiffens up the full car and trust me the handling is so much better. Even lads with impreza's and evo's have said its on par with them. It really has made a difference. Seats and harness wise. I've always seen them with either leather interior or the clubman stylle seats, so why not push the boat out and six point harness's, well what else would go with the seats. Regarding the digidash and dials. I already had a digidash and to get exact reading on the engine temps/pressure/boost then digital is better than anything else so why not keep with the theme. And down to colour i was told no one could do me a black pearl/flip, so i had the colour mixed myself and in the summer you'll be able to tell why.

I fully understand times have moved on and to tell the truth i'd love to bring it back up to date. I know for a fact its got a lot of potential but I dont have the time or the money, let someone else have a go at it, by the sounds of things putting it back to the original body is the way to go.

You see so many people these days buying an engine/block for what, grand and then piling money into it (philr5t what did you spend on yours???????). turbo (grand), cooling(grand), even the exhaust for a full system(grand) then you got dressing and then a shell for around the same and then piling more in on paint, kit, interior, wheels, suspesion, brakes. If you get the correct gear it does make that difference. why not buy something with a more or less brand new engine, solid shell and running gear and all it needs is a new outfit/kit and you got yourself a nice 5. I bet half the guys on here have spent a fortune on there's and dont like to admit it and the only reason they criticise is that they dont like to admit it to themselves how much money they've put into it, either that or the mrs will see the post and go mad at them or they've bought parts from a scrappy and just bolted em on and never looked at going the whole hog and doing it properly. If you was to try it yourself with time and money you'd be looking in excess of £10k/£15k in just parts. Hell just for the tyres i bet you'd pay nearly a grand!!!!!!

Just to point out what i'm getting at with the above and the whole critism part which alot i've not ignored guys. Penfold, your on a renault TURBO owners club site, commitee member and secretary (isn't that a girls job) and your not even running a turbo!!!!!!!!!!! only kidding dude but you know what I mean, where all here cos we have a passion for 5's. The shape the power, the legend it was and still is!!!!
    Last edited by Jonnykane; 02-07-2012 at 13:23.

South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Jonny - I take back what I said and apologise.

I saw the low number of posts you had made and thought you had joint just to sell your car at an inflated price.

U do seem like a nice bloke and good luck selling the car. But like others have said, sadly you will prob get more money breaking it up.

Why not keep it, sell the bling bits and make it oe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnykane View Post

As all you guys are probably wondering why the kit, spoiler, bits and bats.

The car was originally built in 2003/2004, when the BB Tuning/K-tec/Carrisma kinda phase/look was in, big spoilers, fat bumbers and being like 20yr old with a load of money to blow, well what you expect.
    I stripped the car right down to a shell, it has had everything replaced, demon tweeks must have had a right christmas party when they saw my account balance.

It originally had a tarmac kit on and I wanted to keep the side skirts and arches and then give it a little face lift, at that time everyone was going badboy and then fat bumbers and i didn't totally wanna go with this theme, twin heads hadn't been done for a while so why not, the rest i've already explained earlier. Lightweight checker plate, well its easy to keep clean and with the stuff i've used, no expense spared its actually pretty light. I understand it would be lighter with nothing in it but i wanted it to look tidy. Seats and cage, you see so many with a pointless rear cage so i decided to go for the full lot, stiffens up the full car and trust me the handling is so much better. Even lads with impreza's and evo's have said its on par with them. It really has made a difference. Seats and harness wise. I've always seen them with either leather interior or the clubman stylle seats, so why not push the boat out and six point harness's, well what else would go with the seats. Regarding the digidash and dials. I already had a digidash and to get exact reading on the engine temps/pressure/boost then digital is better than anything else so why not keep with the theme. And down to colour i was told no one could do me a black pearl/flip, so i had the colour mixed myself and in the summer you'll be able to tell why.

I fully understand times have moved on and to tell the truth i'd love to bring it back up to date. I know for a fact its got a lot of potential but I dont have the time or the money, let someone else have a go at it, by the sounds of things putting it back to the original body is the way to go.

You see so many people these days buying an engine/block for what, grand and then piling money into it (philr5t what did you spend on yours???????). turbo (grand), cooling(grand), even the exhaust for a full system(grand) then you got dressing and then a shell for around the same and then piling more in on paint, kit, interior, wheels, suspesion, brakes. If you get the correct gear it does make that difference. why not buy something with a more or less brand new engine, solid shell and running gear and all it needs is a new outfit/kit and you got yourself a nice 5. I bet half the guys on here have spent a fortune on there's and dont like to admit it and the only reason they criticise is that they dont like to admit it to themselves how much money they've put into it, either that or the mrs will see the post and go mad at them or they've bought parts from a scrappy and just bolted em on and never looked at going the whole hog and doing it properly. If you was to try it yourself with time and money you'd be looking in excess of £10k/£15k in just parts. Hell just for the tyres i bet you'd pay nearly a grand!!!!!!

And the biggest joke, penfold, your on a renault TURBO owners club site, and your not even running a turbo!!!!!!!!!!!
    ouch with the personal digs! anyone wanna buy my orange one for £6495?

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, your right I dont own a turbo atm... But had over 20 in 10 years...

As said good luck selling the car......

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Markey b, nice motor mate, go on, honestly, what would you put that up for if you was to sell it???????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold aka The Dealer View Post
    Haha, your right I dont own a turbo atm...
    Yeah, shame on you. You should've bought the Evo...

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Penfold, cheers mate, and sorry bout the dig. Like i said i was only having a giggle, did actually think bout doing that conversion myself

Post Thanks / Like

Most people on this forum would have had a car like yours a one point, with big body kits, big boost etc and because it does not conform with the current "O.E" trend people will take the Michael. It's only a matter of time before it all comes round again, because a few members started putting their cars back to factory condition others followed, the same will eventually happen with this sort of build, heck if everyone was the same in this world it would be a boring place to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnykane View Post

Markey b, nice motor mate, go on, honestly, what would you put that up for if you was to sell it???????
    enough to buy an E46 M3

South East Regional Rep soapymech's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rs250nut View Post
    Most people on this forum would have had a car like yours a one point, with big body kits, big boost etc and because it does not conform with the current "O.E" trend people will take the Michael. It's only a matter of time before it all comes round again, because a few members started putting their cars back to factory condition others followed, the same will eventually happen with this sort of build, heck if everyone was the same in this world it would be a boring place to be.
    personaly i find a standard 5 a boring place to be but each to there own!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Rs250nut, like your style. partly why the thing got built, saying that i wanted something a little different hence not following the full trend. tarmac skirts, k-tec bumbers, carrisma spoiler, 16v bonnet vent and twin heads, taken the best looking items at the time) and it doesn't actually look out of place for that era.

Fact is you see a load of 5 turbo's drive past, which one stands out from the crowd?the one thats different. Which car is it most people go see at shows? the one running stupid power and thats had that little more done to it than any others. Most lads have gone for jap cars these days and why's that? its all the same argument. People follow cos they dont have idea's themselves, but then you do something a little different and people will jump on you cos you've actually looked outside the box.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

soapymech, yellow spec, think thats the spec of the spare engine. thats pretty old school aint it??? and by the way, fat arches, love it

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold aka The Dealer View Post
    But had over 20 in 10 years......
    20 In 10 Months more-like!