Post Thanks / Like

C1J Spec and tuning Advice

Right what should i roughly be looking at power/torque/AFR's wise with this spec..

Propper HG/Bolts
    K-tec stage 1 fuel pump/std reg
    Double cap cooler
    Proper ally rad/seperate cooler
    Samco's all the way through
    Stage 3 T25@12 psi..poor show i know
    Decent Plugs/leads/Cap/Arm
    Cup Mod
    Metal lobster,Believe standard carb otherwise
    Sidey Pipe with enlarged elbow/lagged down pipe
    And a Group A clutch/LB flywheel
    Think thats it

Now it was setup at 12psi for running in and left rich(something my wallet aint been since)..
    Problem is over 90mph it just hits a wall, feels like the turbo's fell off,flat and lifeless..used to pull like a fudgekin train(bit scary tbh )..,

Has a Innovate AFR Gauge fitted....(can and will get any readings i can if it helps, just give me a starting point as to revs/gear........I'll do what i can to help you help me if you's could please..)

and the readings are staying Rich whatever i do to it which i suppose is a double edged bonus

So wotcha's reckon....Turbo duff, fueling messy or just needs some Tuning knowledge/magic sprinkling?>>>>>Anyone got any Recommendations as to who is worth a trip??

Anyway's sorry its all abit if/maybe/sketchy just wanna get her right again.

So as always cheers in advance for any help/advice you fella's might share
    Last edited by 5 turbo; 13-06-2012 at 17:52.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: C1J Spec and tuning Advice

If fueling is staying rich sounds like it needs a full set up mate, if going flat at top end couldbe down to lack of boost (12psi not alot) and fueling flooding the engine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    If fueling is staying rich sounds like it needs a full set up mate, if going flat at top end couldbe down to lack of boost (12psi not alot) and fueling flooding the engine
    Cheers Mr Mark

That was kinda my line of thinking i gotta say...Trouble is i dont want to up to boost and risk det..i have no way of listening out for it is the problem.

TBH i reckon their enough fuel for 20psi() its wether the timing will cope is another worry.

I do believe in the past i was recommended your way for a setup.....Still offering such magic fella?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah still able to set the car up for you mate, can check fueling and det too. if you want to up boost too can do that also

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    Yeah still able to set the car up for you mate, can check fueling and det too. if you want to up boost too can do that also
    Your a gent...so you can fiddle the jets if need be an all...
    Mind you The amount of fuel im putting in i reckon they'll be alright tbh, need more air me thinks

Where in the South east are you boss? And wot sorta wonga you charge?(If pm's more private then chuck one over ).