Post Thanks / Like

Aei pipe work

Hi i am doing all the pipework on my renault 5 gtt theres a pipe on the aei unit that according to the articles on here goes to a one way valve on inlet manifold but the pipe is only small on the aei and the fitting on the manifold is large is there a pipe that steps it up that i am missing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aei pipe work

All sorted now i was being stupid

Post Thanks / Like

The AEI unit piope goes to the small fitting on the inlet manifold just above the 2 one-way valves, make sure it goes to that one and that one only

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    The AEI unit piope goes to the small fitting on the inlet manifold just above the 2 one-way valves, make sure it goes to that one and that one only
    yea i was looking at pictures and didnt see the little nipple above one way valve lol.
    heres one for you i have a pipe from the top of the fuel pressure regulator it comes up to the carb elbow and also has a tee off one for the accelarator pump and one that doesnt go anywhere am i rite in thinking i can get rid of the pipe for the accelarator pump as it works fine without it? but whats the other pipe for is it a vent to air?

Post Thanks / Like

You can get rid of the pipe that goes to the accelerator pump jet, works fine without but some choose to leave it on.

The other pipe is for your standard boost gauge, if you choose not to use it remove the pipe and block the outlet off. Best way of doing this is fitting a normal T-piece in place of the double T-piece

Post Thanks / Like

You can get rid of the pipe that goes to the accelerator pump jet, works fine without but some choose to leave it on.

The other pipe is for your standard boost gauge, if you choose not to use it remove the pipe and block the outlet off. Best way of doing this is fitting a normal T-piece in place of the double T-piece
    If i want to keep standerd boost gauge where does that pipe go last question i promise lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    If i want to keep standerd boost gauge where does that pipe go last question i promise lol
    If you look down on the bulkhead where the speedo cable feeds through you'll see a pip next to it which it connect too. Make sure its a tight fit, you don't want a leak there

Post Thanks / Like

If you look down on the bulkhead where the speedo cable feeds through you'll see a pip next to it which it connect too. Make sure its a tight fit, you don't want a leak there
    Thanks alot for your help mate hows your project comeing along then

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Thanks alot for your help mate hows your project comeing along then
    Last few bits being finished off on it now mate, i wanted to do more today but weather crap

Post Thanks / Like

Last few bits being finished off on it now mate, i wanted to do more today but weather crap
    Yea i am trying to squeze down the side of my car so i dont have to go out in rain