Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grigio moon ph1 r5 progress thread..

little update,

basically was having problems with it starting when hot, bought a new high out put starter, new battery, still the same,

suddenly dawned on me that when me and james rebuilt the engine, I for some reason used the old conrod cap! instead of the matching one,

so Friday I pulled it down ready to swap the cap over, as had a mot booked in for today (sat)

put the new cap on, cleaned the sump when I noticed a crank in the sump!

luckily james had a spare sump, so shot over their Friday night and collected it.

this morning (sat) I started nice and early finishing of the sump ect,

the oil needed priming so I did the old "spin it with a drill" trick,

I must have put the dizzy drive a tooth out when refiting as after this I couldn't get the car to start!

I spent 2-3 hours trying to sort this, even went back and started fresh putting engine at tdc, putting dizzy drive on at the correct postion, still nothing...

then spoke to gtjosh I think his user name one here! top lad!

previsely my dizzy must have been 180 out and my leeds where swapped round to suit,

so when I then put it back to how it was ment to be, my leeds where now 180 out, but I didn't no this lol!!

So missed my m.o.t today but booked in for next sat

a few pics of the old girl...

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

She's looking lovely, and you want to sell because..............

Post Thanks / Like

I no lol! Looking at it today I wanna keep it now haha!!

But I'm needing a more every day car now.

Elliott

Post Thanks / Like

Passed its mot and now has tax,

I had a buyer lined up but I pulled out last minute all the effort I put in to build it back up and I couldn't just let it go,

so have done a nice amount of miles with only one problem the idle jet getting blocked,

decided to turn boost up but was shocked to find that was leaning out at 14psi!!

I have checked my carb and its currently at 1.3 second stage, standard main, 1mm a.c, I have got a .9 to put in but im sure this isn't my problem causing it to lean out,

looked under the car at the pump and noticed their was no fuel filter so have ordered a new one, also ordered a new fuel pump which I no will be more then enough for 20 psi. after I have fitted these I will check fuel pressure at the carb, hopefully this will make it run abit richer so I can wind the boost up!

will report results when all fitted

Elliott

Post Thanks / Like

I think the sale falling through is a sign mate keep you have done so much work to it i would enjoy it for a while first i think it looks great

Post Thanks / Like

I pulled out of the sale mate, he still wants it lol.

but yeh that's what I thought, I havnt actually got to enjoy it yet, hopefully soon though!

Post Thanks / Like

I pulled out of selling a mint GTT that I loved at the last minute many years ago. The guilt I felt having broken an agreement that I'd made with the buyer was palpable. The guy was gutted. Shan't be doing that again.
    Last edited by Trevhib; 27-05-2013 at 18:04.