Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Exhaust

Hi people. Today I picked up the new White 5 and my grey one from storage. In the process I have managed to bend my sidey! This is the last straw with the bloody thing! If it's no rubbing on speed bumps it vibrating on the sill! What I want to know is how loud will it be if I make it straight through and have it aiming at the road behind the bumper? Same style as he 172s, just curious as I have a few lengths of exhaust from a scooby which was custom made in stainless but the backbox is huge!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Exhaust

If it's any guide at all, I did 2 back to back sound tests with my K-tec sidey.

Have a look here for the results. The 1st set of DB readings is with a standard K-Tec side exit, the other is with a 2nd silencer installed.

It's also worth noting that if you have a relatively low 5 then you will almost certainly need to cut the sill where it exits in order to prevent body contact.

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=27210

Post Thanks / Like

My last exhaust on the 5 had no silencers just a straight though exhaust in to an empty HKS back box and it was loud but sounded nice at the same time it was tested before going on track and made close to the limit at 100 db I think at about 3000 rpm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JP Racing View Post
    My last exhaust on the 5 had no silencers just a straight though exhaust in to an empty HKS back box and it was loud but sounded nice at the same time it was tested before going on track and made close to the limit at 100 db I think at about 3000 rpm

are you talking about the HKS Supra Dragger? Mo Fo - that thing was way louder than any K-Tec Sidey, I think they where being generous track side

Anyway, your not here - get back to the beach boost boy.
    Last edited by TNT ANDY; 13-05-2012 at 17:24.