Post Thanks / Like

Gary Grwturbo

well after buying this arch from the seller....

as you can see its red!, its been sent to me described in the sellers words as..

red in colour but slightly faded
    good lugs
    been stored for years in my garage
    will need painting

this is what i got, an arch , with a crack in it, fillered, and sprayed in primer (the whole arch) to cover it. also with one lug still with a bolt rotted in, and will never come out, its for the bin.

as you can see it isnt what was forsale, unpon contacting him ive been told im taking the p**s because its a 20 year old arch. im not bothered about the money, i just dont see the point in sending something that isnt what i brought.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gary Grwturbo

FYI

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=18435

Not sure if Andy got his money back

Post Thanks / Like

That's no good!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

What a dick! I would demand the cash back or he will be banned.

Post Thanks / Like

Paypal dispute maybe? That's what I would do and claim your money

Post Thanks / Like

Bad times!!

Post Thanks / Like

Why is he still trading on here ????

Post Thanks / Like

Was that mummified foot in the first pic part of the sale?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gtmatt View Post
    Why is he still trading on here ????
    right lets reply to this

1 alex johnson did not buy this arch from me
    2 he did not phone my phone to discuss buying the item from me
    3 he brought from my bro of ebay
    right lets talk about the item
    the arch
    been laying in a garage for years
    in the picture the arch looks ok but it had been wipe over with a cloth once dryed its more like pink and had very light marks from storeage
    advertisted as good lugs need painting been stored in garage
    alex was going to spray the arch for his raider
    the reason it was sparyed in pimmer was to show any in perfections you use filler pimmer to hide marks etc
    normal primmer shows any in perfection
    the filler was always there the arch was not pimmed to hide any marks if it was filled to hide it would have been to a much higher standard
    ok looking at the pictures
    all lugs are in good condition [one bolt left in as the nut was rounded and had no mole grips at the time to clamp the nut to undo out of plastic lug
    do you notice how no pictures of the outside of arch as from outside it looks perfect
    come on alex show us the out side

right ive not even got warned up yet

alex recieved the arch on friday morning sent a text to my brothers phone
    [stating recieved the wing been fill and primed to hide crack i take it for the bin like the one i took of]
    my bro replyed [alex the wing was primmed so you can see any inperfections before spraying as stated it had a hairline crack on the edge about 2mm long are you taking the piss stating fit for bin it a second hand arch 20 years odd old i dont no what bodyshop u use send back and i will refund in full]
    alex repiled [dont worry u also statedit had good lugs well one is still in it dosnt matter if its 20 years old its not as discribed keep the money]

i get a call from my bro saying that the guy who won the arch has left neg feedback on ebay
    so i go on here to send him a message to found out why hes so quick to leave bad feedback when a full refund was offered to him only to found he has also left me bad feedback aswell
    so after a couple of messages to him from me he phones my bro saying caim down saying its not a big deal
    i will still buy parts of you in the future
    my bro then says all you had to do was to phone him and they would have sorted this out
    he would had perfered to refund you and not have the feedback left not jump behind your computer bad mouthing me and my bro which im not happy about
    i will bring this up again dont worry about that
    so you didnt make any effort to make contact to discuss the problem

right so you was offered a full refund which you turned down
    and said you will keep the arch as its at your bodyshop now
    1[ i thought it was fit for the bin]
    2[why not show the picture of the outside of arch
    3[ you said claim down its not a big deal why the feedback then and so quick you got it on friday moring and left feedback 30 mins after receveing item
    4 [no contact was made with me so it is a big deal when you bad mouth me to thousands of people behind a computer
    5 [so why do you still want to buy from me if im out to con people
    bad mouth me and you think im going to sell you more thing in the future i think not
    there so much more i want to say but getting again just thinking about it

yes tntandy got a full refund
    and again a quick phone call from andy would have solved this problem aswell
    but he didnt make the call
    just jumped on his computer to bitch
    as stated in all my ads call anytime day or night phone number is always there
    gave tnt andy item away for free in the end to mike aka phase one 16v

you lot think i want to con members out of £10
    over the years i gave thousands of parts away for free
    my parts are the cheapest by far on here as im not out to make profits of other members

now i hope this clears up the matter

Post Thanks / Like

all other issues aside i would be anoyed if somebody was to cover an arch in primer, do you realise the bodyshop will have to flat all of that primer back off before applying any paint.

Post Thanks / Like

you must understand selling a pair of campass rear quater seals for £10 was not at the top off my list

unpon contacting him ive been told im taking the p**s because its a 20 year old arch

It's not my place to accuse you of ripping off or wanting to rip off members, which I'm not doing, I linked andys thread as to highlight the attitude you as a seller have towards the people who buy parts from you. When someone buys a part they expect to get what was advertised or the part in a timely manner, when you're waiting for a part to finish your car it's frustrating if the part is different to what was expected or doesn't turn up at all.

It doesn't matter if your parts are free or cheapest, your attitude towards the sale is wrong, you've offered a service and It's up to you to make it your priority, you may see it as a waste of time or junk or that you're helping someone out, they may not see it that way as they have upheld their side of the bargain and paid.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT Tricky Nicky View Post
    you must understand selling a pair of campass rear quater seals for £10 was not at the top off my list

unpon contacting him ive been told im taking the p**s because its a 20 year old arch

It's not my place to accuse you of ripping off or wanting to rip off members, which I'm not doing, I linked andys thread as to highlight the attitude you as a seller have towards the people who buy parts from you. When someone buys a part they expect to get what was advertised or the part in a timely manner, when you're waiting for a part to finish your car it's frustrating if the part is different to what was expected or doesn't turn up at all.

It doesn't matter if your parts are free or cheapest, your attitude towards the sale is wrong, you've offered a service and It's up to you to make it your priority, you may see it as a waste of time or junk or that you're helping someone out, they may not see it that way as they have upheld their side of the bargain and paid.
    ok lets clear this up

im not a computer wizard on a keyboard all day
    i may not be able to word things as good as others
    my spelling is not as good as my mouth

one phone call from both andy and alex just to ask about item would have sovled these iusses instently

arch was primmer and was rubbed back
    he said he was spraying the arch anyway

worst thing no contact was made

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm not trying to stick up for Gary here but I believe it's only fair that people get positive feedback when it's deserved. After all if you do something well hardly anyone gets to know about it but if someone gets upset everyone knows about it.

Recently I bought a phase one grill badge from Gary and he even included an Intercooler strap free of charge. I was given a parcel tracking number and it arrived just as described a couple of days later.

Last week I bought a ropey pair of front seats from Gary, he knocked a fiver off the price without me asking and had them all ready for the courier firm to collect on the day I requested. Again

It would have been nice to get a text to say they'd been picked up as they weren't being delivered to me but I personally was very impressed with the service I got from him.

It's unfortunate that the original poster of this thread didn't feel too pleased with his purchase but hopefully this is now resolved.

Ross