Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

my blue phase 2

Just a small thread about my latest 5 i bought from my friend who owned mbcarperformance in Holland. The way it looked when i bought it.

Because i live in belgium the car had to be imported to get i road legal.
    for this it had to be almost original state.
    After going to customs and getting the paperwork done it was time for mot.
    The work that was done.
    Remove the Big brake kit, tinted doorwindows, braided brakelines, bucket seats, rollcage, complete suspension, 4 point harness, 15" wheels,...
    all these parts were changed for oe or similar
    The car got Mot and then i had to rebuild everything again back on the car.
    Plans are different turbo, afr meter, ...

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: my blue phase 2

really liking it..

Post Thanks / Like

Damn, thats a frustrating headache, do you have annual MOT's youll have to change everything for???

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Walker View Post
    Damn, thats a frustrating headache, do you have annual MOT's youll have to change everything for???
    Every year we change almost everything that is not original out. For me that is: front of the cage, seats, seatbelts, wheels, brakes, suspension. Then i got to the Mot and iff i'm lucky the wont see the engine " tuning" parts like intercooler or bigger exhaust, efi kit otherwise they have to be changed also. When they were doing the mot the guy claimed i had shorter ratios gearbox because he felt it while shifting the car. I had to explain him that this was because of the short shifter kit on the car and had nothing to do with the actual gearbox ratios. He was one of the better controllers and let it be otherwise the kit could had been removed to get the mot.
    You guys in the uk have no idea how lucky you are.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dave View Post
    really liking it..
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sega View Post
    Every year we change almost everything that is not original out. For me that is: front of the cage, seats, seatbelts, wheels, brakes, suspension. Then i got to the Mot and iff i'm lucky the wont see the engine " tuning" parts like intercooler or bigger exhaust, efi kit otherwise they have to be changed also. When they were doing the mot the guy claimed i had shorter ratios gearbox because he felt it while shifting the car. I had to explain him that this was because of the short shifter kit on the car and had nothing to do with the actual gearbox ratios. He was one of the better controllers and let it be otherwise the kit could had been removed to get the mot.

Damn thats a nightmare

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sega View Post
    Never will i moan about a UK MOT again, thats right headache for you to do

Nice looking car mate