Post Thanks / Like

part numbers...

I've noticed that many people here are asking for part numbers... and I find it a little strange to be honest. When I need an original Renault part, I go to a Renault dealer and they all have a fantastic computer system with drawings of every part of the car, with part numbers of course. I just look at their computer screen, point out what I need and *click*... it's ordered. Don't British Renault dealers have that? If not... it's a shame!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: part numbers...

im sure we have that system over here
    but i think the problem some people experiance is the lack of help from the dealers when you say those magic words its for a " renault 5 gt turbo" they tend to switch off then,its sometimes easier to just walk in there with a part number to hand

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

renault are the same here, thats normally wot i do is look at the screen..

Post Thanks / Like

they do have that... but half the time they cant be arsed to look for it.. or even find the part your looking for.. ringing up with the part number is just easier.. there are a few exceptions tho

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As friendly and as nice as my local Renault dealer are I like to make sure that i have the correct part number when i go in so I get the correct item.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay... just making sure that Holland doesn't have a major scientific advantage over the UK

Post Thanks / Like

Besides, when you've got a 'paul b' in your club, who needs renault for part numbers

Post Thanks / Like

seriously you got me satarted now, i cant stand going to renault!! there a bunch of useless CUxxS, They asked me for a part number for a sump washer!!!! no shit, i just looked at the twit and asked if he was takin the piss. Its there job to serve the so called customers, but all you get is "The computer says No!" Once i persuaded them that you didnt need a part number for a sump washer they had none and they said it would take 5days for it to come in "FROM FRANCE"??? Seriously i just walked out, that was after dealing with them on loads of occasions and getting the same shit from spotty arsehole staff. They really dont have a clue.

Post Thanks / Like

Why didnt you just give them the part number for the sump washer?

Post Thanks / Like

My local dealer parts department staff are great with me.

When i say its for an 11 turbo they make any excuse to come outside and have a look at it.

They then dig out the old diaology cd, blow the dust off it and pop it into the computer.

It helps if you have the info off the oval plate so they can get the exact model and part you need.

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

The standard reply at my local Dealer is “Renault is only required to provide spares for 10 years after the last date of manufacture.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GanJaMan View Post
    Why didnt you just give them the part number for the sump washer?

why did you wright anything at all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phase i 16 v turbo View Post
    The standard reply at my local Dealer is “Renault is only required to provide spares for 10 years after the last date of manufacture.”
    Same at my local dealers, most of the lads are 'tim nice but dim' type. Not interested in looking for any parts. Takes at least an hr unless you know the part numbers.

One of the old salesmen even laughed at my gtt when i got in it last year, the cheeky c**t. I only go there for parts now when its absolutely necessary.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had problems with my local Renault dealer... and yes, sometimes parts aren't in stock in Holland so they have to order it in France. It takes a couple of days extra, but hey... it's worth the wait. Last time I needed the rocker cover nut washers and an accelerator cable. They had the washers in stock, but the cable needed to come from France
    I've ordered loads of parts from my Renault dealer over the past few years and never had to give the guy a part number. But I guess not every employee is as willing and capable of helping people properly

Post Thanks / Like

well, older cars are not as easy to look up parts for, full stop....if its so old its only on microcfiche and not on the old dialogys then your scuppered anyway.....

if it is still on the dialogys the system will not always find a part number and i have forwarded many wrong part numbers and discrepancies onto renault....just on 5GTT's...

I am lucky enough to be able to read old fiches and use a dialogys , saying that the new on-line look up isnt too bad but again, only as good as the info you put in...

I'm always here to help ,most of you even know my works number, never mind my moby....LOL....

part numbers, PAH......it's usually unhelpful to55ers that cause the problem , not the system

Post Thanks / Like

Hooray for Paul B

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CHUNK The Goonies View Post
    seriously you got me satarted now, i cant stand going to renault!! there a bunch of useless CUxxS, They asked me for a part number for a sump washer!!!! no shit, i just looked at the twit and asked if he was takin the piss. Its there job to serve the so called customers, but all you get is "The computer says No!" Once i persuaded them that you didnt need a part number for a sump washer they had none and they said it would take 5days for it to come in "FROM FRANCE"??? Seriously i just walked out, that was after dealing with them on loads of occasions and getting the same shit from spotty arsehole staff. They really dont have a clue.
    i have had the same nonsence

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no problems with my local parts department, I dont go in there that often, however he remembers who I am and which car it is for, always helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

My local Renault dealer seems ok. I'm now on first name terms with the guys in the parts department. The only thing they have ever asked the part number for was an engine wiring loom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave j gtt View Post
    i have had the same nonsence
    i have had the same problems with renault main dealers, especially in the oxfordshire area. very un-helpful and they even told me they will not touch my car if it has been modified in any way, even a single wiper...i only asked about service.....and they also said that the exhaust downpipe does not exist......i think its down to the idiot sales people, cant blame reno

Post Thanks / Like

Its not just for Renault, its pretty much all parts departments, had the same with Peugeot.... Its so much easier to phone up and order a part in using the part number, than to hope the guy on the other end of the phone gets it right.

Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Quote Originally Posted by GordonB View Post
    Its not just for Renault, its pretty much all parts departments, had the same with Peugeot.... Its so much easier to phone up and order a part in using the part number, than to hope the guy on the other end of the phone gets it right.
    This is a bit of an unfair generalisation!

I've worked in the motor trade for 15 years and am also currently a Parts Manager, one of the biggest problems in my job is the so called 'entusiast' who comes in brandashing part numbers that hes got from some online forum. 9 out of 10 times they turn out to be wrong and then throw a tantrum when I won't give them money back because the manufacturer won't accept them returned.

Funnily enough its not always a straight forward job in a parts department, but then making a comment like that I guess you've expericened working in one...

Post Thanks / Like

Renault dealers i know arnt as nice as some of you are mentioning, iv took part numbers off here and been told clutch cables where 20quid, got one from them and it wasnt in stock and it ended up costing 30quid. Even though iv seen renault ones on cgb/ktec etc for cheaper?

Dad just phoned me as he was in town i got him to get me a couple sump washers, he just text me saying they where 2pounds each! even though i swear iv seen people on here say they where 20p

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

It wouldn't surprise me one little bit to hear that parts prices have now rocketed up becasue no-ones buying new cars so that's the only way they can make a bit of cash now!?

Post Thanks / Like

but still 20p to 2 pound

and how can cgb sell renault cables cheaper than renault

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My local Renault dealer is excellent (he used to have an R11 turbo) I generally take a screen print of the part I need from Diaolgys, and also the part number to give him a heads up and it's always fine.

Even when I've been unable to get a picture/part number for him (like when I had the R11) he always came up trumps.