Post Thanks / Like

Battery Light, Toyota Corolla Compressor.

Hello Everyone.

I know that this is not a Renault question but I was hoping that someone may know the answer to this....

Bit of an update guys, I got a new battery put it on correctly. The battery light stopped flickering for about 15 minutes then everything went mental!!

The electric windows work if you hold the button down but they they will not go down automatically if you flick the switch which make it do so. The power steering stops working every now and then. The dash lights up like a xmas tree every now and then. (Battery light constantly still flickering) The speedo and rev counter stop working and then start again and its now idoling at 600rpm and is very lumpy! It catches and goes up to about 1200rpm then drops back down to 600rpm, the normal idol has always been a steady 800rpm when warm.

I have got it booked in with a garage this Thursday (Family Friend) so it would be nice if any of you experts out there know what this could be so that I could point him in the right direction.... I have noted the comment about the connection to the alternator (Thank you for your reply). Someone has said that it maybe the ECU...?? Please guys, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Basically the battery light started flickering so I have had the alternator tested and it is charging as it should do. I have asked this question on the toyota owners website but you do not always get a reply. Any help would be fantastic.

Sorry if this is not in the right section, Its just a general question so I thought that general chat might be the right place.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Battery Light, Toyota Corolla Compressor.

sensors,earths,loose connections,check fault codes,not sure how easy they are on that model,some cars you can just count the red lights.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J$£5GTT View Post
    sensors,earths,loose connections,check fault codes,not sure how easy they are on that model,some cars you can just count the red lights.
    Thanks for the reply, when you say check the fault codes, do you mean to put it on the diagnostics?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1980 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, when you say check the fault codes, do you mean to put it on the diagnostics?
    no,im only going on previous cars i have had,you have the plug where the diagnostics go into and there should be say 3 led's,you press a little button and just count the flashes,first one then second then third,so if first flashes twice thats number 2,second once thats number 1 and third 5 times number 5=215 code

if yours has that,just gives you a clue anyway sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J$£5GTT View Post
    no,im only going on previous cars i have had,you have the plug where the diagnostics go into and there should be say 3 led's,you press a little button and just count the flashes,first one then second then third,so if first flashes twice thats number 2,second once thats number 1 and third 5 times number 5=215 code

if yours has that,just gives you a clue anyway sometimes.

Ah I see. I will get somone to see if it has. Still if all else fails I may have to admit defeat and take it to Toyota and get it put on their machine.... May as well just bend over while I am there!

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a bad earth fault somewhere