Post Thanks / Like

Clio Engine Wiring Diagrams

I need an engine wiring diagram for my 2000 clio 1.4 8v (e7j), most specificly where the wires on the tdc sensor go to?

The car refuses to start, no engine speed is detected after plugging it into a snap on solus, the tdc sensor has been replaced with two new ones and the modifed wiring used!

Can anyone help with the diagrams? Seriously thinking about scrapping the damm thing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clio Engine Wiring Diagrams

sounds silly but have you tried swapping the wires over, if the wiring has been changed then could have been wiried up wrong

Post Thanks / Like

Yea tried swapping wires, same problem, ive tried another ecu with corresponding uch board, key and reciever.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

that UCH thing is so annoying! ive a k4j in my clio and even though ive swapped the plip key UCH and ecu ive a ABS problem coz my car sees double the speed on the front abs sensors compared to the back

i think i need to actually take the UCH apart and remove the key/ecu part and swap it into the original UCH so im not doing 60 in a 30 lol

only advice i can give you is that engine is the same as the e7f (the 1.2) but a longer stroke as it was fitted to the first clio in 1994

id go the scrap yard multi meter in hand and do some continuity checks on wire colours and write them down

maybe go your local renault dealer and bung some one 5 quid to print the diagram off or buy a Haynes manual?

so the ecu has power? the coil pack has power? you have earth from the block to body and battery? fuel pump primes and runs?

i think your only option is to obtain a ecu pin out or go the scrap yard and be buzzing each pin in the ecu plug to sensors and writing coulors down works wonders

Post Thanks / Like

Yea fuel pump runs, to be honest i gave it to a mate at a garage as i dont have any spare time, he plugged it in and said there was power to the ecu but nothing out, so i got another ecu and associated kit, fitted that and after plugging back in, no engine speed being recieved, so tried swapping wires on the new tdc sensor, no luck so tried another new one, still no luck so ive come to the conclusion it must be crank sensor wiring

I've ordered a haynes so will see if the diagrams are detailed enough in there. Renault electrics....