Post Thanks / Like

AFR kit off the scoff!!

Who's actually fitted one to a 5 and were is best to weld to? For best results and can I do it on the car or have to take it off.. Cheers guys

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFR kit off the scoff!!

same as any afr gauge really matey, sensor needs to be welded into the down pipe 8-12" from turbo elbow at 12 O'clock, downpipe has to be removed to do this. then you need to take a few feeds for the gauge, earth, switched live, etc... from ign barrel or clock wherever really

Post Thanks / Like

So after my pod run an motorway runs I noticed it runs lean over 80mph Iv drilled the 2nd stage out to 1.3 an AFRs are good below 80mph the rest of the carb is standard really.. All ideas welcome!! Cheers guys

Post Thanks / Like

When you say leans out over 80mph what revs is that at? If you need more fueling up the rev range try a smaller air corrector jet if it's std think its a 1.25mm so try a 1mm first I used to run either a 0.9mm or a 0.8mm and that helped loads

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JP Racing View Post
    When you say leans out over 80mph what revs is that at? If you need more fueling up the rev range try a smaller air corrector jet if it's std think its a 1.25mm so try a 1mm first I used to run either a 0.9mm or a 0.8mm and that helped loads

+1 For that mate A.C is a good way for top end fuel. Id say your best bet is to take the full carb off and have a look at everything before you change anything. Remmeber every engine is different and fuels differently. But there are good ballpark figures!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JP Racing View Post
    After 80mph it was reading upto 13.9 and I thought its best to stay in the 12s? Take my foot off the gas it drops again to 12s

Post Thanks / Like

I meant ballpark figures with the jetting of the carb. Your right in coming off the gas at 13s thats well to lean mate... Check all the carb jets and settings then take it from there...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GT Josh View Post
    I meant ballpark figures with the jetting of the carb. Your right in coming off the gas at 13s thats well to lean mate... Check all the carb jets and settings then take it from there...
    I had a slip at home as I bought it from cgb standard and just drilled 2nd stage o 1.3 what jets do I need and who's the man to get them from would it be mike?

Post Thanks / Like

solder up your acc jet, and buy a minature drill bit set buddy. drill it back out to 0.9mm on the acc , this should be a good place to start.

Bear in mine the large the acc jet is the LEANER it runs .. (works opposite to a fuel jet)

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah as DJ says you can do that. But can also get the jets and that from mike/flea bay. Members on here what ever lol.