Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

172 paddle clutch ?

hya i was just wondering wich paddle clutch would be the best for my 172 turbo conversion in my 5 i have been looking on ebay but dont wanna buy and old #### of there

was just wonderin wot people recomend and which is the best for a decent price ?

thanks alot
    warren

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 172 paddle clutch ?

I always use helix clutches, do the job :-)

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wozzer View Post
    hya i was just wondering wich paddle clutch would be the best for my 172 turbo conversion in my 5 i have been looking on ebay but dont wanna buy and old #### of there

was just wonderin wot people recomend and which is the best for a decent price ?

thanks alot
    warren

speak to techcraft in the contact section, they are very helpful

215 x 6 paddle and helix cover plate is an option,depends what type of driving you intend to do, paddle wont last more than 8000 miles at most, even less if being used for general day to day driving around town (on /of the clutch all the time) plus the bite quite hard/on or off (if you go for this option stick with the six not the four paddle, feathers better less bite)

a kevlar type organic clutch might be a better option more for road/street use, and should last for 30,000+ miles as long as you dont destroy it with super amounts of torque, in 215mm diameter prob wont grip as well as the paddle though

or if your feeling flush a twin plate in 185,200,215mm diameter , they will take huge amounts of torque, but at a price and if your aiming for big bhp (300+) and you intend to trackday it alot, then i would consider saving the cash and doing a gearbox conversion vw 02m, speak to the the one and only legend that is scoff for more details if your interested, really depends on what bhp/ftlb your looking to push to at the end of the day

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

ok thanks alot for all ur help will search into them all tonyt and may aswell look for a gearbox aswel

cheers warren

Post Thanks / Like

mine is a pheonix clutch, a reverse kevlar paddle..

not grabby but rated to 300+lb/ft torque no less

Post Thanks / Like

do you have a link for this cutch mate?