Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Photo two is the worst of the four, that tiny bit of Kerbing.

They've done hardly any miles.

Going by the tax disc they are at least 8 years old though.

CAM 239 Wheels, 15" 6 1/2J ET35 Jan2000 (??)

I bought then from a friend for the new tyres they had and to see how the car felt with 15" wheels. After a few weeks or so I got some wider 15" wheels and changed the tyres over. Been trying to sell them since over the last 8 years!

That disc in the photo is 288mm. So yes will they go over the 285 disc conversion.

The disc size is the diameter from one side to the opposite. The big disc conversions usually make use the the original 5GTT callipers and use a specially made bracket to space it further from the hub.

These wheel have a larger centre hole than normal for the 5GTT and came from the wheel shop with a green plastic ring that made them the correct size. At least two of those rings have fallen to bits so you could probably do with new. I expect it only helps to get the bolts aligned when fitting the wheels.

The centre plastic cones, painted blue in the photo, have shed some paint and need a go over again. They were originally chrome with the CAM logo in the centre, but my pal had some blue accents somewhere or other on his white car so painted them to match.

I wiped over one a and bit wheels with some wet kitchen roll.

They came up fairly well with some light rubbing so with some detergent they'll be better.

They are pretty good really and felt light so I weighted one; with tyre, 14.5kg. Is that light for such a wheel?

I found the spigot rings, two are broken but maybe could be glued?

The blue (Hammerite smooth I think it was) paint came off the chrome centre with the use of my thumb nail.

There's loads of tread on two of the tires (Yoko A539). But radial cracks between the tread blocks I guess means they're not usable.

The wheel in the last photo came up nice with just a quick wipe over with some wet kitchen roll.

I've circled in red some scratches, bubbles and kerbing. The other wheels are OK.

The scratches in the last photo were caused by the previous owner cutting off the cable ties of his car cover until I bought him some re-useable Velcro ones.

As you can see from the photo of the wheel on the car, they hardly show. They look emphasised in the photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wheels

How much you looking for them matey?

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't know

I am having a look on eBay now to see if I can gauge their worth.

What do you think?

edit: I've had a look at the completed listings for Renault, Vauxhall, Honda and Golf. Very little there, and very plain wheels.

I know it means little now but these four, 8 years ago, were about £400 in the shop but the previous owner paid less than half that with the 4 new tyres.

I've looked at eBay before for wheel to gauge the price of these but there's either naff all there or I'm looking in the wrong place.

Postage is about £30 or so it seems, there is a company who specifically has a deal for 4 alloys with tyres. I'd have to find them unless you know who?

I can't tell what is fair price to both me and the buyer for these.

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    Postage is about £30 or so it seems, there is a company who specifically has a deal for 4 alloys with tyres.
    £30 postage is about right... I black bag up the wheels (with cardboard & padding to protect the face of the wheel) them heavy duty tape up 2 wheels together, & send them as 2 parcels... Works out around £24 next day via parcels2go

Post Thanks / Like

Hi again
    My next question is will they go over the 285 disc conversion on the front that I have Iv only just bought the car so I couldn't tell you much more. What car dose the conversion come off? It has spacers on the front aswell. I have Clio wheels on at the moment but I'm not liking them at all. I would use them for track wheels and get yours on. Just trying to tidy mine up on a budget really.. The mrs says i don't need them but she will get over it :-) try me with a price I can only say no thank you :-) I would t know how to measure the discs and callipers. Are they r5 callipers? Cheers paul

Post Thanks / Like

Most 15" wheels fit over the 285mm brakes (a very common brake upgrade from a Renault 19 RXI 4 stud version if i remember correctly).

Callipers are normally standard, but with calliper extenders.

Post Thanks / Like

So would I be buying r5 brake pads or the r19 pads to replace? They are good at the min but for future. Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nottswoody View Post
    Color? What would I be looking for the calliper is just dirty looking. So would I be buying r5 brake pads or the r19 pads to replace? They are good at the min but for future. Cheers
    What colour are the exenders? There was a group buy on here a few years back, wondered if yours where one of them.

Pads are just your normal 5 pads, unless your calipers have been changed... But wouldnt know with out looking at them (unlikely that that been swapped). Normally its just the disc & extenders for the 285mm brake conversion.

Post Thanks / Like

try me with a price I can only say no thank you :-)
    Errrm, 95?

I can only have a guess at a price. If there are more than one interested buyer, which there might be, I'd let them go the highest bid rather than the first to reply.

Plus delivery which as Penfold say might be about £24.

I want to make a sale but at the same time don't want to 'give' them away.

They'll need a clean as they've been sat outside collecting dust and what not for a few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penfold aka The Dealer View Post
    £30 postage is about right... I black bag up the wheels (with cardboard & padding to protect the face of the wheel) them heavy duty tape up 2 wheels together, & send them as 2 parcels... Works out around £24 next day via parcels2go
    Thanks for that Chris.

Post Thanks / Like

so theres no blemmishes the paints not lifting? how would i pay you? i have paypal but its the mrs account.

Do you live near Bigfoot on hear? I could pop down and pick up some spares while I'm there..

Post Thanks / Like

how would I pay you? I have PayPal but its the Mrs account and iv only used it on eBay... oh and on here..
    PayPal is OK but you'll have to add the fee on top. Or maybe gift works? I'm not sure. Or bank transfer is good if you have on-line banking.
    Do you live near Bigfoot
    He's about 40 minutes East on the A12.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CAM 239 Alloy wheels for sale, offers around £100, Eastern London.

Still for sale

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a good example.

This ad from the 4 March. Down on page 5. No-one will know these are still for sale. Would have been not looked at for maybe 4 months apart from that I bumped it in mid April.

Post Thanks / Like

Still for sale

Post Thanks / Like

STUART AUSTIN!! romil tell Stuart about these I have mentioned these to him bargin.

Post Thanks / Like

STUART AUSTIN!! romil tell Stuart about these I have mentioned these to him bargin.
    LOL will do

Post Thanks / Like

Still for sale

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If I was you I'd just bang these on eBay with no reserve Ian