Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

alloy welding and polishing

Anybody on here do alloy welding and polishing? or know of anyone?

iv got an intercooler and a load of bits that need polishing but cand find any local companys.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: alloy welding and polishing

It's easy enough to DIY . Madness to pay someone to do it for you You just need to work down through the grades .
    Welding on the other hand is pretty skilled on ali .Depends what you need doing ?? Go or Show ??

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a double cap intercooler mate that gt tuning made.im only thinking of cleaning them up to sell and the cooler needs fixing before i flog it.i did buy a polishing kit from ebay but its crap.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daveturbo View Post
    Its a double cap intercooler mate that gt tuning made.im only thinking of cleaning them up to sell and the cooler needs fixing before i flog it.i did buy a polishing kit from ebay but its crap.
    i had a small kit once, used it to polish up some bits and bobs, but they weren't in bad shape, just needed to pop again..

i then thought about doing a set of wheels, sanded back the center caps first and then when at a fine grade used the kit.. waste of time

theres polishing a gt turning gearknob and then theres refurbing wheels, you'll need to upgrade your tools, materials and products as its a job for propper gear..

i have some willy wheels i was polishing but i can't find anyone on google, i think they can make such a killing powerdercoating that no one will graft for you..

Post Thanks / Like

I can ally weld and pretty much any other welding you can think of but is it worth with the postage there and back?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

there is a chap on the xrtwo.com forum username bert he runs orbital motorsport send him a message and im sure he will be able to sort it for you

Post Thanks / Like

Im a welder mate can do anything mainly on the ali tig all day though can do anything if it got posted to me

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheets mate but iv managed to get the welding done.just need to get it polished up.

cheers tho mate