Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

fuel line sizing?

Hi peeps, can any one help me with my fuel pipe sizing for 480 turbo conversion?
    I have the same spec engine as the rear engined elecy blue 5 that Haz and Scoff built a while back. for starters what fuel pump would you recommend, rs turbo or bosch 044? It would need to be sufficient enough for maybe a little more power some time in the not to distant future around 220 - 260 bhp.
    I also want to run new teflon fuel lines but not sure as to what size i need, AN6, AN8, AN10, or AN12?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as its finally getting nearer completion (only taken 6 or so years!)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: fuel line sizing?

044 pump

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on the flow rate required matey. The more flow the bigger the PD, then size the pipework to suit.

Post Thanks / Like

If the number of the fitting denotes the size in mm then i would say AN8 or AN10 would be fine, the others are abit too small and too large for the engines.

As for fuel pump if your wanting to push it abit be safe and go for the Bosch 044, Tanks 5 has the RS TUrbo pump but he's not wanting to push the thing very hard

I been meaning to pop over with this fuel line too, only just finished the van so have some time now

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your help people, I'm now one step closer to completion.
    Will have a look at those pipes mark but think id rather get the teflon coated jobs due to the rubber ones getting eaten by the fuel additives. got those 285mm discs still if in need?