New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hay up lads and lasses!!!
I'm dan from macclesfield . Had my five Gt turbo laid up for just over five years in my garage/workshop . After putting the old girl on the ramp albeit a bit gingerly a glanced underneath and a quick inspection of the favoured areas for chorrosion left me with a rather big smile on my face .By Joe the owd girl hadnt changed a bit. I must admit I was anticipating the worst. I was a massive relief to see that the years of storage had really paid of in a big way.
So with the chorrosion inspection out the way it was time to dig the engine out which I stripped and left in a heap in the boot with disgust after 2006 I spun a big end shell. I had a litle laugh to myself as remembered the moment I f'd the crank giving the owd girl some beans! I'd missed it !
So with my vernia in one hand and the Haynes in another I worked out what parts I had and what I didn't . A quick call to kings components in Liverpool a set of std rings ,shells at .25mm a headset and bottom set I was away. I thought for good measure I'd best get a set of plugs leads and cap was in order good job two the dizzy had chorroded so was of little use and the plugs were black as fook.
I also nipped round to me mates and grabbed a gearbox already light in the wallet I haggled and got it for a steal I remembered 2nd gear was clunky in the old box and didn't fancy risking it been knackerd . So a gearbox swap it was to boot.
My engine gear arrived and so did a few mates to lend a helping hands in true r5gt style we all got oily. I built the bottom end whilst my mate fitted the box .
A few hours later the engine was built. I shut shop early fri nite and got the new or refined lump ready to drop In again true c1j stylie she flewmin. 'still got it I siad' as she slipped on the dowels. The box Bolted up and the tappets set, chucked the owd scoff modded carb on and she's almost ready to go.whilst Boosting the battery up I wondered if shed go first time or if I'd timed it 180 degrees out . On first inspection as I cranked her over she seemed sweet but still she wouldn't fire . The fuel gauge showing full I thought it must be a spark issue. But no good spark and the plugs were dry, so I whipped the fuel inlet of the sard fuel reg and cranked it a punie dribble spilled out . Bugger no fuel . A quick dash to the shell station and 25 dabs lighter. Been used to a diesel for a while I couldn't believe the cost for optimax the ska is I thought.
Anyway I filled her up and with a massive smile fired her up wooooshh she fired and on all four cylinders to boot get in!!
I got the cooling system bleed up after few choice words and I thought a quick test drive to just dust the brakes of a touch . I took it easy easy whilst she warmed up a tad then gave her a bit of stick **** the bed I thought either I'm getting more cautious in my old age or the car was quicker than I remember what a buzz why I left it so long I don't know. I'd certainly missed the roar of the sidey as she ripped up to 7000rpm and the t3 let out a flutter.
I pulled back up to the workshop doors I has a smile like a Cheshire cat thinking to myself I've gotta get my ass back to pod.
With that and a few little mot issues I need to iron out here's hoping the mot mans in a good mood for the day I book in. .
Thanks for reading also Appologies for the poor grammar I'm on the iPhone it's an arse.

Look forward to speaking to old friends and meeting new all the best dan,
Ps I'll post pics of the owd five when I can get on the lap top.