Post Thanks / Like

Need info about jc5 002

Hello Guys

just thinking to buy jc05 002 gear box from r19 diesel.

Could you give me info about this gear box ?

Thanks

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need info about jc5 002

what power you running, as this gearbox will have taller gears compared to megane/williams/172 jc5 boxes, if your running lots of power then it maybe to your likingslower bottom end pick up but good for top end motoring, and steady motorway cruising, just check speedo compatability, or strip gt box and use the speed sensor in the jc5 if needed

Post Thanks / Like

Well i'm still waitting for my MS and i need to map it. Will set the boost for 1.5 bar. So no idea what power will have. I'm using b18ft engine with gt gear box. Which is jb3 ...

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ioshi_s_golf View Post
    Well i'm still waitting for my MS and i need to map it. Will set the boost for 1.5 bar. So no idea what power will have. I'm using b18ft engine with gt gear box. Which is jb3 ...

300ftlb is really your limit on the jc5 ,and really is a ticking time bomb anywhere near that mark also( all depending on how hard the gearbox has been used) track days and big boost ,hard launch runs at the pod will make short work of it

East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

To be fair HAndy, what did Scoff say, his Jc5 died at 280ft lb but that was down to a large number of hard launches at pod with slicks, launch control, anti lag.

I'd bet a Jc5 would stand up better in a high power road car and I think with the spec isohi-golf put up on a b18ft I think he'll be ok as long as he doesn't drive it like a t**t

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HAndy View Post
    300ftlb is really your limit on the jc5 ,and really is a ticking time bomb anywhere near that mark also( all depending on how hard the gearbox has been used) track days and big boost ,hard launch runs at the pod will make short work of it
    How much 300ftlb is in hp ?

And what about the std 1.4t gear box ? My gear box now is in good condition.

Because i'll use my car for every day car and track days. So i would like to have gear box for every day and one for track days.