Post Thanks / Like

Dodgy lights

I'm having a few problems with the lights on my car when I put the right indicator on with headlights on I get my orange fog on the dash flashing to and the light at the back is dim and flashes with the indicator also when I brake I get the orange fog light and the right indicator stays on lol it doesnt doit it for about half hour from when I start driving then it goes barmy! It cools down and it's fine again I had a mechanic sort it as the rear light dint work atall he said he replaced a fuse and that is still ok. I got pulled the other day and handed a £30 fine for the lights and he was being leanient as he loves gt turbos lol any help would be appreciated. Mat

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dodgy lights

Sounds like you have some bad earths,would be good place to start,earths for lights are bolted to front of head light panel behind headlights.Be worth cleaning earths up and check wiring/connectors.

Post Thanks / Like

if your fog light is coming on the dash its a bad earth on the rear lights, check all the pins on the sliding connector are clean(give them a bit of a scratch) and try bending them outwards so they connect better, then check the earth wire on the rear lights, it bolts on one side, passenger i think.

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers fella's guna give this a go when i get back from the boss taking us all pub if I'm in a fit state haha