Post Thanks / Like

modified subaru impreza insurance

I know alot of people don`t have them on here but I am having problems insuring one at the min. A friend of mine has a classic subaru impreza wrx for sale with a few modifications, phoned up adrian flux and they near enough laughed at me.

I know my age at 23 doesn`t help but I have 6 years driving experience, only do 4-5k a year, kept in a locked garage all week and have 3 years no claims on a private car.

Anyone able to help out or point me in the right direction!?!?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: modified subaru impreza insurance

Can't really help with a company, just my experience of getting a quote

when I was looking at getting a different car I was offered a Hawkeye subaru, wasn't really what I was after but was standard with fssh, rang for a quote and it was nearly £1000 more than they wanted for an EVO V !

If you want it you're just got to be prepared to be bent over for the chav tax insurance companies seem to put on them.

Post Thanks / Like

How modified is it? If it's just a few of the 'usual' bolt on mods, then you could try Elephant. I insure my Evo with them, and I pay £400 fully comp'.

The only thing is, that they don't cover the mods like for like. So if you claim, they'll only replace with standard parts.

Post Thanks / Like

Try A-plan, they specialize in imports IIRC, thats who I was with for my Evo 5.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post
    How modified is it? If it's just a few of the 'usual' bolt on mods, then you could try Elephant. I insure my Evo with them, and I pay £400 fully comp'.

The only thing is, that they don't cover the mods like for like. So if you claim, they'll only replace with standard parts.

I am with elephant at present but was unsure if they would cover modifications of exhaust, fmic, lights, coilovers. Will give them a try and see what they say!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r5 rich View Post
    I am with elephant at present but was unsure if they would cover modifications of exhaust, fmic, lights, coilovers. Will give them a try and see what they say!
    A lot of people say that they don't insure modified cars, but I had no problems with my filter/exhaust/suspension/big brakes/wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

I was paying £443 a year with Greenlight insurance

http://www.greenlightinsurance.co.uk/

My scoob was heavily modified and they didn't bat an eyelid.

http://slowboy-racing.co.uk/index.ph...mart&Itemid=73

Post Thanks / Like

Aviva are were cheapest on my old wrx wagon. My sti is 537 with them with mods. Under 25 and you're gonna struggle to get insured. Keith micheals and others only insure 25+.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post
    A lot of people say that they don't insure modified cars, but I had no problems with my filter/exhaust/suspension/big brakes/wheels.
    Although quite how you managed to obtain a fully comp' policy for 400 sobs, I don't know?!

As I recently found out, Evos & Subarus are classed in the mid' 40's insurance group rating (max is 50), so you'll be doing well to get a quote where you won't feel like someone's extracting the urine.

After muchos phoning around, and haggling to make Del boy look amatuer, the best quote I had for my Evo this year was £680. For sure, if the premium's knocking on the door of a bag of sand come renewal time next year, I'd rather sh1t in my hand & clap than pay that.

Post Thanks / Like

I've insured my MY06 WRXSL with Admiral for the last 5 years, some mods, exhaust, suspension, wheels. Fully Comp with Class 1 Business cover £400. Was 480 previously & went down at the renewal. Even the doris who was doing the quote was amazed as most policies were going up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Although quite how you managed to obtain a fully comp' policy for 400 sobs, I don't know?!

As I recently found out, Evos & Subarus are classed in the mid' 40's insurance group rating (max is 50), so you'll be doing well to get a quote where you won't feel like someone's extracting the urine.

After muchos phoning around, and haggling to make Del boy look amatuer, the best quote I had for my Evo this year was £680. For sure, if the premium's knocking on the door of a bag of sand come renewal time next year, I'd rather sh1t in my hand & clap than pay that.
    When I rang around a month ago with qoutes on an evo 5 I was quoted £680 inc my missus fully comp by A plan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    I was paying £443 a year with Greenlight insurance

http://www.greenlightinsurance.co.uk/

My scoob was heavily modified and they didn't bat an eyelid.

http://slowboy-racing.co.uk/index.ph...mart&Itemid=73

How old was you when you insured it and how many years ago?